What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jayr1787

Pickle day
20240809_194708.jpg

jayr1787

Looks like a great harvest this year and your filling your pantry with some delicious treats.
Almost 20lhs of bush beans and string beans this year so far! More cucumbers than I can shake a stick at, whatever that saying means 😄. I wanna get chickens and a goat or a donkey this fall and really just start a homestead and sell hand made goods and baked goods and such to my community. I'll go through the state and get a processing license and sell stuff frozen to get around the health inspections. I'm turning my back on this crazy society and gonna make my statement by not participating in buying much and staying home as much as possible. If we all said fuck the system the system would fail and realize our true power is we the people. They don't give a fuck about us I think it's time we give zero fucks about them.

Timj

Almost 20lhs of bush beans and string beans this year so far! More cucumbers than I can shake a stick at, whatever that saying means 😄. I wanna get chickens and a goat or a donkey this fall and really just start a homestead and sell hand made goods and baked goods and such to my community. I'll go through the state and get a processing license and sell stuff frozen to get around the health inspections. I'm turning my back on this crazy society and gonna make my statement by not participating in buying much and staying home as much as possible. If we all said fuck the system the system would fail and realize our true power is we the people. They don't give a fuck about us I think it's time we give zero fucks about them.
My sister has chickens and ducks. My brother usually has pigs or a steer or two. We all were brought up to be able to live off the land. I wouldn't want to. But, could if necessary.

jayr1787

Purple carrots are ready and more canning getting done ✔️long days and nights. Gonna be sweet in the winter tho.

Attachments

• 20240816_225109.jpg
    20240816_225109.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240817_002003.jpg
    20240817_002003.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13

Timj

Thank you Tim, I still have carrots, tomatoes, and more beans to do, and there will be another haul of cucumbers to deal with before the season is over 🤣 idk what we will do with all the pickles, probably gift quite a bit to friends and family tbh.
I planted summer squash,zucchini, beets and radishes again on July 15th. I'll be harvesting zucchini pretty soon. No yellow squash yet or beets. But, plenty of radishes. Oh yeah. I also replanted Basil again and it's starting to get bigger too. I also planted carrots. But, they are not doing great. I think they were old seeds.

blondie

Hi jay. I missed an update somewhere and haven’t seen your thread in a while. Nice garden!! Not sure went wrong this year but mine was less than stellar. Your garden makes up for it! My peaches were enough for a few cobblers and some fresh but none for deep freeze. Figs are doing well at least. First round was ready today.

I’d love to live off the land only. Great thought.

Attachments

• 053790C9-1C45-4B18-8E27-2697F3EC8179.jpeg
    053790C9-1C45-4B18-8E27-2697F3EC8179.jpeg
    668.4 KB · Views: 13