What's new

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good on paper. Can you get some pics of the drivers.. If you can let it run for a week or 2 just to make sure it doesn't fail. You don't need plants under it t test it. The sooner the better so you can get it replaced under their warranty

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would cost more to buy one direct from China using Alibaba.. The price def makes one wounder why so cheap.

driver77

Looks good on paper. Can you get some pics of the drivers.. If you can let it run for a week or 2 just to make sure it doesn't fail. You don't need plants under it t test it. The sooner the better so you can get it replaced under their warranty
It's running now...have an existing grow of auto's. Where under 2 bestva 2000 and 3 100w generic full spectrums. I'm going to run it 24 hrs on...see what it's made of lol. Getting some "par" readings using a phone app...so only really good for reference, but should serve the purpose.
First impression...this thing is to good to be true. Lets give it some time to cook :)
20230117_203624.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have one of those BESTVA 400w and a Mars sp-250 out in my veg space in a 4x8 tent used for males. That BESTVA gets scorchingly hot. I can't use that LED in summer..Makes the tent to hot. Cheap LEDs to use with my males FTW lol. This LED might work for that .

Last edited:

driver77

I have one of those BESTVA 400w and a Mars sp-250 out in my veg space in a 4x8 tent used for males. That BESTVA gets scorchingly hot. I can't use that LED in summer..Makes the tent to hot. Cheap LEDs to use with my males. This LED might work for that .
So far it's running MUCH cooler than the Bestva's....mine run hot too.

driver77

Just under 24 hrs on and the "par" reading I took for reference is slightly higher. so far so good. This thing runs cool, the drivers are detachable and don't dump their heat into led rails. The rails are very cool, hopefully will add up to a long life.....
Plants seem very happy.

driver77

Definitely following, they are only $229 right now if you have prime. Could pick up 4 of these for the summer time for under $1k... 🤔
They have another model with a remote for $250 but no details on what the remotes capabilities are. But for $20.....???...maybe buy 1 to control the rest, if it will do that, again real vague on capabilities.
it's like 47" square, perfect for 4x4.....4 of them would cover alot area!
We'll see how it holds up but so far I have absolutely no complaints.

Last edited:

RJM1488

Thats what pushed me to pull the trigger. No way I find a better deal with LM301's. Won't get here till the 16th, so I'll do a report back after.
If I recall correctly. The LEDs are categorized in what's called BIN. Basically it's a grading system top of the line with zero flaws on a Samsung LM301 for example might cost $1.25 and a low grade LM301 may cost $0.33 and when putting 300 plus in a light that's where price comes in.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
They have another model with a remote for $250 but no details on what the remotes capabilities are. But for $20........
it's like 47" square, perfect for 4x4.....4 of them would cover alot area!
We'll see how it holds up but so far I have absolutely no complaints.
They would be replacing 4 1kw hps. It would be only for about 3 months a year, during peak summer heat. Running LED in the colder months would be a waste. Instead of the hos warming up my house, I'd have to put heaters in the grow room because it would be in the 50s in the room. For under 1k dollars for all 4 it is tempting even if it's only for 3 months. That one grow should more than off set the cost. 4 800w led vs 4 600w hps(have to dim in the hot months) should see a pound or 2 difference

driver77

If I recall correctly. The LEDs are categorized in what's called BIN. Basically it's a grading system top of the line with zero flaws on a Samsung LM301 for example might cost $1.25 and a low grade LM301 may cost $0.33 and when putting 300 plus in a light that's where price comes in.
I was hoping when I got the light it would have more information included....no such luck. I can only go by how many watts it's pulling and light intensity. The watts part is no problem the light intensity I have a phone app called Photone.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
I was hoping when I got the light it would have more information included....no such luck. I can only go by how many watts it's pulling and light intensity. The watts part is no problem the light intensity I have a phone app called Photone.
How long before your flowering? Very interested to see how yeild is