What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2024 Market Gardens

oldmaninbc

First are some Giggler F1
Second is a Fall Haze F1
Third is two Jamboree bc1f3 that got painted with Syrian
Fourth is a choc thai,columbian,sea X Giggly Wiggly F1
Fifth is a Purple Punch X Afghan F1
Sixth is a Flora De Risibile F3
Last two pics are Sodbuster F1 with the hungry peppers.

The first four pictures, the plants will all finish end of september to middle of oct.

The others aren't really flowering so much yet but a few are fast to finish and should only leave me with five to run into and maybe past november.
View attachment 19055500 View attachment 19055501 View attachment 19055502 View attachment 19055503 View attachment 19055504 View attachment 19055505 View attachment 19055506 View attachment 19055507
Your plants are looking healthy and that is a good thing,
How long is your growing season, when is your first frost?
I have to go out and tie up a couple of sunflowers that got blown over. We have had some strong winds in the last few days, plus we had 2 days of rain equal to what we had all summer.
PM is on all my columbine, they are like PM magnet.

Hope all is well with family and life.

Things are ok here.

Reactions: hfm

hfm

Your plants are looking healthy and that is a good thing,
How long is your growing season, when is your first frost?
I have to go out and tie up a couple of sunflowers that got blown over. We have had some strong winds in the last few days, plus we had 2 days of rain equal to what we had all summer.
PM is on all my columbine, they are like PM magnet.

Hope all is well with family and life.

Things are ok here.
Thanks, a few aphids here and there maybe a catapiller or two.Lots of good insects on them though.The wasps come hunting catapillers and the eggs, then the lacewing and ladybug larvae are chewing through any aphids.After that the assassin bugs are eating whatever comes along.Neat natural cycles

The season can run long and short its so hit or miss. Could be halloween time or maybe not til november.You can do things to extend the season here too. Outside is more for testers and just to watch something fun grow. I really enjoy indoor for growing smoke.

Kind of a bummer getting hit with a ton of water all at once but I imagine your area enjoyed getting wet. Gzz that wind! We had a few sunflower tops snap

We have a few things that keep their pm for most of the season, its like an accessory. The bugs dont seem to mind much when those things flower though. We threw columbine seeds all along a path through the forest here. Most seemed to grow in the path but hey, they sure are nice to walk by and see.

I'm glad things are going okay for you and hope things stay that way. We are doing well here just trying to keep up with life
Best regards,HFM

oldmaninbc

Thanks, a few aphids here and there maybe a catapiller or two.Lots of good insects on them though.The wasps come hunting catapillers and the eggs, then the lacewing and ladybug larvae are chewing through any aphids.After that the assassin bugs are eating whatever comes along.Neat natural cycles

The season can run long and short its so hit or miss. Could be halloween time or maybe not til november.You can do things to extend the season here too. Outside is more for testers and just to watch something fun grow. I really enjoy indoor for growing smoke.

Kind of a bummer getting hit with a ton of water all at once but I imagine your area enjoyed getting wet. Gzz that wind! We had a few sunflower tops snap

We have a few things that keep their pm for most of the season, its like an accessory. The bugs dont seem to mind much when those things flower though. We threw columbine seeds all along a path through the forest here. Most seemed to grow in the path but hey, they sure are nice to walk by and see.

I'm glad things are going okay for you and hope things stay that way. We are doing well here just trying to keep up with life
Best regards,HFM
Hello, HFM...I can hardly wait to get my tent going. Hope no later than the 3rd week of Sept. I have to figure out what I want to grow, no easy task with my OCD, I can get bogged down with decisions. I have lots of seeds in stock but always seem to be looking for the best medical strain. If I am going to make a seed order, I need to do it very soon.

The chickadees and nuthatches are feasting on the sunflower heads, which is fine by me, that's why I grow them. It's amazing how quickly they can eat the seeds and leave barren flower heads. I get a fair bit of pleasure from watching the antics of the feeding birds.

Yeah, the seasons are the same here, from year to year it could be anybody's guess how it's going to play out.
Right now you could not ask for nicer weather, it's perfect.

When I make my cannabis cookies I grind my bud up in a coffee bean grinder. At the bottom of the grinder where the blade is...I think the resin glands gather there and form almost a hash like consistency. Every couple months I take ISO and clean it out. I save the liquid, putting it in a small canning jar. I have a least 2 years worth saved. I want to filter it and put the ISO in a pie plate to evaporate, in this warm weather. Should be interesting what the finished oil will be like. I am not usually a fan of this type of product but I am interested in it this time.

I put a lot of snapdragon seeds around in late spring, I see many young plants growing in a lot of places around the yard. There were several portulaca plants growing wild, I gathered them up and put them into containers. I will save seed from them.

Take care HFM, hope family life is all well with you. Do you have any fall activities lined up hunting or fishing? Any canning or preserving of food?
1725479590522.jpeg

1725479537773.jpeg

1725479463305.jpeg

Reactions: hfm

hfm

Hello, HFM...I can hardly wait to get my tent going. Hope no later than the 3rd week of Sept. I have to figure out what I want to grow, no easy task with my OCD, I can get bogged down with decisions. I have lots of seeds in stock but always seem to be looking for the best medical strain. If I am going to make a seed order, I need to do it very soon.

The chickadees and nuthatches are feasting on the sunflower heads, which is fine by me, that's why I grow them. It's amazing how quickly they can eat the seeds and leave barren flower heads. I get a fair bit of pleasure from watching the antics of the feeding birds.

Yeah, the seasons are the same here, from year to year it could be anybody's guess how it's going to play out.
Right now you could not ask for nicer weather, it's perfect.

When I make my cannabis cookies I grind my bud up in a coffee bean grinder. At the bottom of the grinder where the blade is...I think the resin glands gather there and form almost a hash like consistency. Every couple months I take ISO and clean it out. I save the liquid, putting it in a small canning jar. I have a least 2 years worth saved. I want to filter it and put the ISO in a pie plate to evaporate, in this warm weather. Should be interesting what the finished oil will be like. I am not usually a fan of this type of product but I am interested in it this time.

I put a lot of snapdragon seeds around in late spring, I see many young plants growing in a lot of places around the yard. There were several portulaca plants growing wild, I gathered them up and put them into containers. I will save seed from them.

Take care HFM, hope family life is all well with you. Do you have any fall activities lined up hunting or fishing? Any canning or preserving of food?
View attachment 19060060

View attachment 19060059

View attachment 19060058
Your flowers are wonderful! Never got into some of those much, though they're beautiful to look at :)

Indoor time! Oh man the choices can be tough at times for sure. I just popped a few beans here and added some more aeration into the indoor soil. What do you require in a medical varietal?
Do you have access to food grade alcohol? We like to make topical balms with the stuck on bits.

The birds are wonderful with all their antics! We did a canoe ride the other day and seen a big bunch of turkeys mostly jakes it looked like. They figured we were harmless and just hung out. The season is almost here now. We'll go after Deer, turkey, rabbit and goose.

We have a really large young canadian goose flock this year. They are year round resident geese that have lots of babies that they walk between all the lakes and ponds in the area. We also fence their nesting areas off from predators.

The deer are around, threw up a camera the other day and need to go bush whack some trails out so I can creep out without them hearing. We put salt and mineral out for them year around.They tend to wean fawns here and we'll hear them bleat all night for next few months.

We put up some fermented super hot peppers the other day. Need to knock some peppers out and throw in some lettuce.Do you save a lot of seed? It's about to get hectic. Things are good here for us, and hope things are going well for you and yours,best regards-hfm