What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

12x Don King

PH donner

Hi all,
I'm jumping in a bit late, but better late than the next turn ;)

Setup. 120x130x240 with MH FC 6500 extractor from S&P 1000cuube which is quite quiet but no quieter than a box!

12x18L soil mix from Playgron bath mix with 1/4 all mix from biobizz diluted with 1.5 liters of pure worm shit and in the gift water of 5.5 some bacteria from T.A TrikoLogic and low dose of Pro Organic to give soil life a kick.

Hang the LED on a bicycle suspension system.
Works very comfortably instead of chain and/or the system that comes with it. After all, I can perform actions on one side, so that bicycle system is great!

3 passive air locks using a parcel shelf felt with Velcro and a tube with holes, so 4 x passive total. Also a swivel fan that hangs upside down.

12 x Don King need 8 weeks.
They are now week 3 day 3 12/12

I have been growing Bio mineral for many years.
I start Bio with the Pro organic from TA and switch to the NovaMax also from TA in week 2
I just give some bloom stimu also from TA

I love growing with “ 2 vingers in de neus”
This has proven it for me and never causes any shortages

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88

PH donner

Thanx @Creeperpark.
I upgraded this setup a year ago, so it is also a year that I have been working with LED.
There is also a bottom heating with a 500watt infrared panel.

In the meantime, I have laid the highest buds flat so that I can provide the maximum amount of light where there is the most crop

This is the fourth time I put the Don's.
The first times I was still in HPS mode. As a result, I used too much light during the growth period and they did not grow to the desired length and did not grow larger than 40/60 cm.
Now they are 75/80 cm with depth without overkill.
You can see through the crop and the mirror wall..
With this kind of length and depth, I regularly had a K with the Amnesia
No, I don't expect a K from the Don's, but I do expect an excellent round which will be the benchmark in my setup with the Don's

It will be a boring spin with no major problems.

Attachments

• IMG_2805.jpeg
    IMG_2805.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2800.jpeg
    IMG_2800.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2808.jpeg
    IMG_2808.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

PH donner

Fed with an Ec of 1.2 Ph 5.5.(tap water is 8,7)
I rarely give more than 1.2, nor do I give extra Calmag or other extra BS.
I didn't just choose the Bat mix 😉
The larger plants still have some bracts low in the plant that will tell me during the course of the rotation What the status of nutritional needs are.

photo are infrared heat. bicycle hanging system on which the lamp hangs.

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2818.png
    IMG_2818.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 58

PH donner

Optimal use of space, healthy plants, looking great as always. What made you pick the Don King?
Thanx @Sativied !
The Dons are beautiful and sexy when they are in the dirt. You should look up an old photo of the Human Don King :)
As a final product it has become popular because of its taste, effect and appearance!

I can of course post a photo of how she looks in week 7, but then the surprise effect will be gone 😊

PH donner

Meanwhile we are in week 4 day 3 12/12.
I like to keep them wet, give them 20 liters every other day and make sure they don't get dry.
The soil mix has a high water retention capacity, something that I find very important.

Attachments

• IMG_2854.jpeg
    IMG_2854.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2853.jpeg
    IMG_2853.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2846.jpeg
    IMG_2846.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

PH donner

update week 5 day 1 12/12

I set the lighting from 80% to 60%.
I do this because in previous runs I had rot in some buds in the Don's when I continued at full power (40cm 80% lamp). So I prevent that by lowering the light pressure.
This is something that many colleagues do not think abou

Still Ec1.2 Ph 5.5.

Don't be misled by the pixels on the page when taking photos with the lamp off. That's the flash lamp reflection off the mirror walls

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2865.jpeg
    IMG_2865.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
update week 5 day 1 12/12

I set the lighting from 80% to 60%.
I do this because in previous runs I had rot in some buds in the Don's when I continued at full power (40cm 80% lamp). So I prevent that by lowering the light pressure.
This is something that many colleagues do not think abou

Still Ec1.2 Ph 5.5.

Don't be misled by the pixels on the page when taking photos with the lamp off. That's the flash lamp reflection off the mirror walls
Thanks for the tip friend. Makes a lot of sense too. Prevent bud rot by lowering the light pressure. Some including myself raise or increase the amount of light in flowering and have had problems with mold.

PH donner

Thanks for the tip friend. Makes a lot of sense too. Prevent bud rot by lowering the light pressure. Some including myself raise or increase the amount of light in flowering and have had problems with mold.
My logic, the radiant heat that HPS provides is missing from LED and can cause rot. I just noticed that lightly releasing pressure prevents it.
It is not surprising that we want to provide as much light as possible, the saying "light = weight" has brought us the extra grams for decades and is deeply rooted!
This is the advantage of working with cuttings, you get to know the genetics better in growth and flowering behavior.

PH donner

Is it a joke @Porky82?
I would like to join in the laughter, so please explain further?

The history of the Dons has taught me that. And not only the Don's, other genetics that circulate in my inner circle also have difficulty flowering without rot with high light pressure.

Week 5 day 5

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpeg
    IMG_2879.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

Porky82

Bud rot comes from funguses. Botrytis mainly.
Not sure how light intensity would stop it if its there. They some good looking buds!
Yes I found it funny! 🤣

Last edited:

PH donner

Bud rot comes from funguses. Botrytis mainly.
Not sure how light intensity would stop it if its there. They some good looking buds!
Yes I found it funny! 🤣

That's the theory.
But in practice, rot, or its traces, does not penetrate the cell wall as quickly with a lower light pressure.
I have experienced that in the meantime.

So I like to be stubborn and lower the light pressure while laughing 🤣

Porky82

That's the theory.
But in practice, rot, or its traces, does not penetrate the cell wall as quickly with a lower light pressure.
I have experienced that in the meantime.

So I like to be stubborn and lower the light pressure while laughing 🤣
If it's working for ya then don't stop.
If it was my grow I'd be looking at environmental factors that are causing the rot.

PH donner

If it's working for ya then don't stop.
If it was my grow I'd be looking at environmental factors that are causing the rot.

No, it certainly won't stop.
But after +- 80x harvests never rot with HPS at this location and now with LED at max light pressure there is rot in the thicker buds, I am almost certain that the light pressure is indeed a factor that you cannot ignore
As I said, I work with cuttings and changes can be observed more clearly because I work with cuttings

And hopefully there are people who can do something with this after several bad experiences

Thanks for your replay

Porky82

No, it certainly won't stop.
But after +- 80x harvests never rot with HPS at this location and now with LED at max light pressure there is rot in the thicker buds, I am almost certain that the light pressure is indeed a factor that you cannot ignore
As I said, I work with cuttings and changes can be observed more clearly because I work with cuttings

And hopefully there are people who can do something with this after several bad experiences

Thanks for your replay
It's a good looking strain.

PH donner

Bud rot means that you haven't got enough air movement or ventilation. It has nothing to do with lights

I'm not a beginner……

How do you explain that I have been running HPS here for 20 years and 1000 watt Gavia for the last 10 years without rot and since I started running LED, I have found rot in the thicker buds?
My air on and supply plus circulation has always remained the same.

Stumped

I didn't say that you are a beginner. Mold thrives in areas that are dark and not well ventilated. Maybe you need a dehumidifier in your grow area. It has nothing to do with lights whether they are LED or HPS . Air movement and ventilation is probably why you are getting Bud rot.

Latest posts

Latest posts