What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bnycYA5.jpg

watts

ohms
Veteran
mean mr.mustard:

Chemex pour-over would be a good buy if you want more coffee. If you just want a cup or two, Hario v60. There is a learning curve with pour-over and takes time to master, but worth it. French press has a bolder taste and pour-over is a cleaner, smoother cup in comparison. Preference thing really.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I muled 30lbs of coffee back from Ecuador in January. April 6th and I have one bag left :( (but I gave a couple away)

Have to get my favorites "Sweet and Coffee - Loja and Jipijapa" and "Cloud Coffee" direct from the source shipped to me. I tried Starbucks Cloud Coffee in Canada but it's as fake as Maple Syrup in Ecuador.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
mean mr.mustard:

Chemex pour-over would be a good buy if you want more coffee. If you just want a cup or two, Hario v60. There is a learning curve with pour-over and takes time to master, but worth it. French press has a bolder taste and pour-over is a cleaner, smoother cup in comparison. Preference thing really.
Pour over... is that what you call the poor man's coffee? A strainer,a coffee filter and hot water? If so, I've been doing this for decades. lol I vividly remember being desperate for coffee in a very limited situation. Ended up using a styrofoam cup with holes punched in it, with a coffee filter. Then microwaving water and pouring it through. I like to keep the grounds foamy and wet, without letting it fully drain till the end. lol

watts

ohms
Veteran
With pour-over, you usually do a 30 second "bloom" or pre-infusion where you soak the coffee grounds first before infusing:

[YOUTUBEIF]LmGKqzV7hQE[/YOUTUBEIF]

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I bloom my grounds when I brew French press.

After moderate experimentation I am convinced pour over is weaker than I require.

She's got her pot and I have my press.

Now I don't need to worry about who used it last :D

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Just upgraded the drip machine to a Ninja. Whoaah baby it's happening. Pre-infusion plus a frother built in. Frother whips milk instead of steaming. Machine has a SS carafe instead of glass, not a burner. Good add on to the Saeco espresso machine.

Green Squall

Its no wonder I've been so damn tired all week....
I've unknowingly been drinking DECAF coffee this whole time!!
Feeling great now that I have some caffeine in my system lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts