What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2k vert with water cooled cooltubes

Bodhi Roach

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Id like to show you this system, its very similar to many here, but still offering a great addition to beat the heat, it allows me to go all year long, throughout the summer, while keeping my temps in the high 80's max.

This system is still in the dial in mode, on the 3rd show right now

I hope I can contribute some trial and error knowledge to keep up with the theme of improving the way we effectively and consistently grow quality product.

covering up window with vapor seal and blocking out peeping toms
View attachment 33891

View attachment 33892
Pond liner on floor to save my damage deposit
View attachment 33894
Lights above window to show a presence in the rooms to deter any break ins and suspicious neighbors
View attachment 33893

Bodhi Roach

safety is a high priority with this setup
pond liner was expensive but I think it is worth it as long as the show can continue for a long time.
P1030831.jpg
screwed into studs with countersunk holes in the 2x4 and 3" deck screws
P1030826.jpg
LED light goes inside and above the window
P1030835.jpg
3/4" plywood to block noise and prevent kick in of the window
P1030832.jpg

Bodhi Roach

These are the heart of the cooling system to keep the room sealed and to be able to utilize CO2, I will implement co2 on the next show, as I am still getting to know the strains,

3 iceboxes I bought off of ebay because I hate using CC to buy from an online hydro store and they were a helluv alot cheaper than $149 each and still cheaper than that other guy who also sells on ebay for $135 each. paypal rocks

shows the solonoid shut off valve
P1030820.jpg

P1040641.jpg

P1040628.jpg
This guys iceboxes have brass ends instead of the copper ends that hydro inovations sells
P1040650.jpg

Bodhi Roach

2-24" cool tubes, I wouldnt hesitate to try 3-20" with 600w hps
P1040451.jpg
sealed together with plates on each side and aluminum tape
P1040452.jpg
hung to leave enough room for 90 deg. rigid ducting
P1040458.jpg
testing an icebox for leaks before installation havent had any issues in 6 months
P1040654.jpg

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Damn dude

amazing set up, def will be tagging up on this one

Bodhi Roach

Well thats all for this 1st vertical show, she netted 3.75 dry
Thinking I need to white my floors, and build some type of panda to keep light inside the box, need to scrog somehow as well.

I used a salad spinner to manicure, it does a decent job but it hacks off alot of weight, I have about 1 pound wet trim that gets you really high, so salad spinning it all off isnt making any sense to me right now.

P1040266.jpg

P1040829.jpg

P1040834.jpg

P1040837.jpg

Please feel free to critisize, compliment, improve, suggest, as I would love to hear what you have to say.

Peace out bruthas and sistas

Relentless

Veteran
hell ya! ive got a vert grow going right now.. my first..
how many plants did u go with? how long vegd? size pots?

looks killer

Many thanks! Great setup, love the clean-professionalism, and "picture says a 1000 words" photos. Great work. So inspiring! :D

What is the distance from the bulbs/tubes to the shelves, holding the plants?

Namaste

Bodhi Roach

hell ya! ive got a vert grow going right now.. my first..
how many plants did u go with? how long vegd? size pots?

looks killer

Hi Relentless, thanks for looking, went with 4 levels, 16 plants per level, aimed to have each plant about 22" tall after initial stretching. Veged about 21 days, started with flouros and moved to vertical and veged for 3 days under hps, used 3 gal pots, I was thinking smaller pots would be good, but its alot of work to water them all.

Bodhi Roach

very nice setup what strains or strain did you run?:joint:

Hi barnyard,

I bought Dutch passion, White widdow, Northern lights and Power plant all are 60-65 day strains, I wanted to see what type of indica would thrive in this type of system. The NL seems to be doing well.

Bodhi Roach

also curious. Really nice setup. Cant wait to see your numbers with CO2 and dialed in. Keep it up!

Hi rock,

for the 4th run, I am going to go with NL only and co2, hoping to crack the 1gpw barrier. I think it will be met as I have now figured out the correct size plant to flip with. Thanks for watching