What's new

Zenith feminized limited edition

exoticrobotic

I've no idea but isn't iron sulphate a moss killer?

When i've sprayed it on moss the moss goes black a few days later.

Doesn't the effects of foliar feeding take a couple of days to show up?

yoann

Hey there :)

Here some details of the earliest zenith in my batch, I just flushed her after trichome's examination. The stretch of this specimen was a little bit more than 200%, I have one other like this that don't smell same and isn't as early as this one. Dominant smell is citrus candy, that's the only of my plants that smell lemon candy like this so clearly. Trichomes covered flowers, very sticky. I believe I'm gonna cut her in 10 days, so it's a 8,5 weeks flowering specimen.

Attachments

• 393091058_1049835896160575_3427629671495905638_n.jpg
    393091058_1049835896160575_3427629671495905638_n.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 403616305_373212535071778_7697985621842486714_n.jpg
    403616305_373212535071778_7697985621842486714_n.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 393076405_376772068194093_250578422379087536_n.jpg
    393076405_376772068194093_250578422379087536_n.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 393077667_251932851239836_9154056565829646738_n.jpg
    393077667_251932851239836_9154056565829646738_n.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 393115943_1486512318749156_2354656629011997054_n.jpg
    393115943_1486512318749156_2354656629011997054_n.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 393078443_924883675735987_8668034928571964592_n.jpg
    393078443_924883675735987_8668034928571964592_n.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

Hey there :)

Here some details of the earliest zenith in my batch, I just flushed her after trichome's examination. The stretch of this specimen was a little bit more than 200%, I have one other like this that don't smell same and isn't as early as this one. Dominant smell is citrus candy, that's the only of my plants that smell lemon candy like this so clearly. Trichomes covered flowers, very sticky. I believe I'm gonna cut her in 10 days, so it's a 8,5 weeks flowering specimen.
Thanks for posting these photos, yoann, I'm still kind of a newby and not entirely confident about when's a good time to harvest. I got some Ace Kali-China's that look almost exactly like these, the trichomes, the pistils. I don't want an overly CBD laden harvest. Dubi said he'd make a recommendation if I posted close ups of the buds, and I did, but he hasn't logged on for a few days, so your post here seems like a pretty good yardstick.

yoann

Thanks for posting these photos, yoann, I'm still kind of a newby and not entirely confident about when's a good time to harvest. I got some Ace Kali-China's that look almost exactly like these, the trichomes, the pistils. I don't want an overly CBD laden harvest. Dubi said he'd make a recommendation if I posted close ups of the buds, and I did, but he hasn't logged on for a few days, so your post here seems like a pretty good yardstick.
Hello Herbert, tbh I believe you need a microscope to judge when to harvest, or at least those sort of jeweler's loupe, because it's when they start to be milky instead translucid that it start to become the right time. Indoor, when all trichomes have switch from translucid to milky I flush the roots and I make a single rehydrating with ph adjusted water (no nutrients). Some use water adjusted with lemon or lime juice or flushing solutions that contain citric acid too. Then I let it dry and ripe for 10 days to 2 weeks and I cut, depending the ratio of trichomes that become brown caramel. When it's cut, and that's my personal choice, I don't trim too much, I let many of sugar leaves, I dispose the buds on a net tray in a dry and dark room for 2 weeks. After that I dispose in jars for 3 weeks, controling humidity (BOVEDA humidity packs are a great help for this), and when curing is done I store it in small hermetic bags in the fridge. Not a rocket science, and there are many different ways to do :)

Herbert Chickybaby

Hello Herbert, tbh I believe you need a microscope to judge when to harvest, or at least those sort of jeweler's loupe, because it's when they start to be milky instead translucid that it start to become the right time. Indoor, when all trichomes have switch from translucid to milky I flush the roots and I make a single rehydrating with ph adjusted water (no nutrients). Some use water adjusted with lemon or lime juice or flushing solutions that contain citric acid too. Then I let it dry and ripe for 10 days to 2 weeks and I cut, depending the ratio of trichomes that become brown caramel. When it's cut, and that's my personal choice, I don't trim too much, I let many of sugar leaves, I dispose the buds on a net tray in a dry and dark room for 2 weeks. After that I dispose in jars for 3 weeks, controling humidity (BOVEDA humidity packs are a great help for this), and when curing is done I store it in small hermetic bags in the fridge. Not a rocket science, and there are many different ways to do :)
Thanks for tips yoann, but maybe I have microscopes in my eyes, maybe those glasses I'm wearing in my avatar are microscopes, but I think I can see the trichomes. I'm surprised to hear we need microscopes. I think I can see the trichomes right there in your photos actually. Or correct me if I'm wrong, maybe what i think are trichomes are not trichomes. But, I saw bigfoot once and flying saucers a few times though, so maybe this is another case of my seeing things that are not there or mistaking one thing for another a rope for a snake, a dog for bigfoot or swamp gas for a flying saucer. Too much pot perhaps.

yoann

Thanks for tips yoann, but maybe I have microscopes in my eyes, maybe those glasses I'm wearing in my avatar are microscopes, but I think I can see the trichomes. I'm surprised to hear we need microscopes. I think I can see the trichomes right there in your photos actually. Or correct me if I'm wrong, maybe what i think are trichomes are not trichomes. But, I saw bigfoot once and flying saucers a few times though, so maybe this is another case of my seeing things that are not there or mistaking one thing for another a rope for a snake, a dog for bigfoot or swamp gas for a flying saucer. Too much pot perhaps.
sure everyone see the crystal snow but in my opinion you get better details at least with X40 magnifying. The ratios of translucid ones that have turned milky or cloudy, and when they start to get caramel, it's very subtile. At least I need such tools to see what's happening, I know others may have better sight, but for me it is as it is....

Herbert Chickybaby

sure everyone see the crystal snow but in my opinion you get better details at least with X40 magnifying. The ratios of translucid ones that have turned milky or cloudy, and when they start to get caramel, it's very subtile. At least I need such tools to see what's happening, I know others may have better sight, but for me it is as it is....
Crystal snow, eh? I think you are imagining things too Yoann, heheh.

I'm kidding, but seriously, now I understand what you are talking about yes, you really have to strain your eyes to be sure the crystals have gone "milky". I don't like the jewelers loop I have though, everything is just moving around too much, I don't have a steady enough hand, shaking and sweating and breathing heavy like a pervert trying get a look at a naked girl through a very small crack in her bedroom wall but don't see hardly anything at all. I have found just taking a zoom photo is excellent, much better way to see what is going on, its perfect actually. I think my camera has a very high pixels per frame rate, but it's also pretty old, 15 years old, so older than you maybe Yoann, but maybe everyones phone now can do better than my Canon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the tips, dubi. Any advice on the form of copper and concentration for foliar and root drench?

On the subject of increased photoperiods in flower BAC nutrients used to recommend switching to 13/11 after initiating for a week or two with 12/12, then switching back in the last couple weeks. They claimed increased yields. I was never game to try it. 14/10 is definitely too much.

You are welcome @Ras Kali Rasta insecticide and fungicide products for domestic use (at least here in Spain) are usually formulated to mix 1 gram of product per liter of water, but better check the specifics of your product, you can also find the specifics online if you know the name of your copper product.

To explore in early flowering 14/10 and 13/11 photoperiods (instead of going straight to 12/12) in non tropical photoperiod genetics is a very topic. Such photoperiods can increase yield, but a in a extended flowering time. Since it i quite strain dependant, research on photoperiods must be performed separate for each type of genetics.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your first Zenith @yoann 🥳 she indeed looks like the early pheno with such short height and fast flowering. Taking a look at your 17th Deceber post, the plant looked overfeed with Nitrogen and asking for more light intensity, but i know room is tight.

Happy New Year! :ying:

OZZ_

Veteran
With so many strains making up this Zenith it seems it would take around 10, if not more, different females to get a good idea of what it holds.

Yeah. I'm limiting myself to 6 plants this season. I was tossing up running 3 each of a couple strains, or one each of the half dozen, but I decided to have a crack at seeing a range of phenos in Zenith by running a full pack. Dubi has said that the short, lemony, rocket fuel pheno is pretty uniform while each tall pheno tends to be somewhat unique. The short pheno seems a bit more common, so one pack should give a decent chance of a standout cut.
The tall pheno might take a few packs to thoroughly explore.

Hopefully we'll see a few more smoke reports roll in soon.

I go back and forth on how I want to do things. On one hand running more plants side by side is the best way to compare their structures, growth patterns, terpine and resin levels and other things obviously.

On the other hand, I’m finding it difficult to **properly** smoke test 6+ plants and compare them to one another directly by myself. In my opinion, each plant needs to be smoke tested in various situations …. During the day, at night, when tired…. And since my family likes to party and we are big drinkers…. While we are enjoying a glass (or several) of wine, bourbon or whatever else.

Things start getting blurred when there’s 6 of them to compare back to back. Especially when you then consider that each one of them can have a change in character as it matures into the cure.

I think a minimum of three sessions on each plant, during each phase of the curing process <3 months, 3-6 months, 6+ months.

I don’t believe in smoking the phenos on the same day, and I think you need to be “fresh” for each session in order to properly smoke test them all.

For this reason I’ve debated dropping down to a maximum of 3 plants at a time in order to better evaluate their effects without getting them all confused but also I hate giving up seeing more phenos side by side while growing.

Idk maybe I’m just being too anal about it all 🤷‍♂️😂😂😂

How do you guys all do it? You guys have a process or you just smoke on them randomly and see what comes of it?

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very true OZZ. Lots of work involved. If you are casual as most are, none of this really matters too much. If you want grail strains and phenos, it just takes a lot of time and going thru all of it really slow and careful.

For sure I have had the same exact plant do different things to my mind after it cured a bit, and also repeated smoking sessions.

OZZ_

Veteran
Very true OZZ. Lots of work involved. If you are casual as most are, none of this really matters too much. If you want grail strains and phenos, it just takes a lot of time and going thru all of it really slow and careful.

For sure I have had the same exact plant do different things to my mind after it cured a bit, and also repeated smoking sessions.

My main goal is finding the best phenos out of my genetics, for my own personal tastes and then keeping them as permanent mothers. I have now twice lost good phenos I’ve tossed, because I thought a different one was better or there was simply too many phenos to compare and everything starts getting blurred.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ Yeah, had two strains here lately and I selected a keeper of each to clone. I had smoked all the plants of both a few times with quick drying. Later when the buds had a few weeks to really properly dry out and 'cure' I smoked them again and decided my keepers were not as good as other plants in the grow. I had to smoke them a bunch of times and a proper cure helped matters too.

What is needed is many plants and clones of each strain. I have so many different strains and limited space that I can not really do that. If I did, I would never get around to all the different strains I have, and I keep adding new ones. hehe

So Hai

Great points here. I am still trying to get my head around it. Easy enough if you find one that is obviously standing out but when you don’t and have to go through everything, or each and every one to compare the end result... It is not easy..

So Hai

Thanks for the tips, dubi. Any advice on the form of copper and concentration for foliar and root drench?

On the subject of increased photoperiods in flower BAC nutrients used to recommend switching to 13/11 after initiating for a week or two with 12/12, then switching back in the last couple weeks. They claimed increased yields. I was never game to try it. 14/10 is definitely too much.
That should be with a 730nm light source as an initiator. Not sure exactly how it works as it is not fresh in memory.

Latest posts

Latest posts