What's new

Tobacco price

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Really? I had no idea that there were issues ordering from here. How on earth are people getting their Aston Martins or erm, erm, do we export anything else? Damn politicians destroying our manufacturing industry.

Cuddles

Really? I had no idea that there were issues ordering from here. How on earth are people getting their Aston Martins or erm, erm, do we export anything else? Damn politicians destroying our manufacturing industry.
backy has always been rather expensive in Britain if I remember correctly. I was always glad when I could smuggle some back when I went abroad and then back to London - legally and illegally :biggrin: But nearly 30 quid for a single ounce? It´s just daylight robbery.

But you just wait for the meat tax I heard being talked about! You´ll be starved for a protein source but can´t even light one up to calm yourself down because that´s impossible too! Booze will be next, lol. And only rich people will be able to go out and get pissed!!

PS I´m STILL waiting for my Aston Martin to arrive! Oh wait... no....I haven´t cracked the jackpot yet :biglaugh:
🥴

CaptainLucky

When I was still doing the road warrior bit, I always used to stop @ JR in Burlington, NC and bring back some crazy cheap Winstons.
When I was driving otr I always stopped there. I would buy xtra large cannon towels for 5 bucks to along with a few cartons of smokes. That brings back memories. I was a total Outlaw driver. I had a 100+ mph Pete n ran about 5 sets of logs hauling produce. CL🍀

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just had the reply from the duty free company AE, the Irish one?

I asked if they stocked any chemical free hand rolling tobacco like American spirit etc. and if they were a ferry or airport duty free place. I also asked for their location as I might try to organise some Irish trips from the UK to save on our ridiculous tax. Here's the reply I got:

Hi there

No we don’t stock that, only Amber Leaf, Drum and Marlboro

Kind regards

Paul James

Customer Service Manager

Lagardère Travel Retail UK and Ireland

London Luton Airport

M +447824329021

[email protected]

Luton Airport • Luton Beds • LU2 9LY

lagardere-tr.com

So I'm still not entirely convinced they are the ferry people, or know the score in ireland. I'm still looking into this, but have some other admin to do at the moment, so bare with me folks

jackspratt61

This is ridiculous now. Sainsbury's are charging £27.30 for 30g of tobacco. This is unaffordable for most of us, esp since I smoke 15g a day. There must be an alternative to this madness. I'm just venting here, but what would they do if they lost all that tax revenue and we all actually quit like they say they want us to? How much would they have to put income tax up by to replace that income? It's like petrol is 90% tax, what would they do if everyone actually moved to electric cars?

Check this out, 200g in Andorra is cheaper that 30g in UK

Trouble is they won't ship it, you have to go there. We need group day trips organising. Flights are pricey, and no idea how far out airports etc are. There has to be something we can do though to shove this tax back up the chancellor's arse.

Ideas? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?
$15 per pound landed here.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is also one of the reasons why there is a vaping epidemic in UK. The village next down from us has about a dozen shops and one is a vape shop! - my lad is 24 and he says you can get a vape that lasts a week for a tenner.....

Anyway @GMT is giving up really not an option? - i managed it a few years ago after 30+ years of smoking. Nicotine is a sh1t drug. Basically one of those drugs that you use just to feel normal when you are addicted.
Weed high is so much better without nicotine although it does take some getting used to...
sorry for the preach
VG :tiphat:

Cuddles

Price just went up in our area last week,30 pound for 50 grams,fucking hell!,76
those bastards! :mad:
How much is a pint and a bag of chips this weekend I wonder? :(
Do people still go out at all? I heard that pubs in Britain are really struggling nowadays.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
@VerdantGreen I tried so many times, failed every time.

The high from weed alone is not better,
Even if the cost leaves me a debtor
in fact to me it doesn't exist.
To mix with tobacco I must insist.
I refuse to vape weed,
it's just a waste,
slight buzz, no stone,
just a nice taste.
I won't eat weed, I don't want to trip,
I want to get stoned, not feel like shit.
I won't light the joint every other toke,
to cough and choke,
that must be a joke.
And while to rhyme is simply divine
I've given this one
Far too much time
:laughing:

I smoke the English way mate. Have for 35 years. It's a part of who I am now. It's like asking me to give up being me. However saying screw you to the chancellor is something that I will find a way to do. Even if I have to go to flaming Andorra. Man I feel like a hobbit with a mission saying that 😁. In some way, I guess I am.