What's new

Spider mites, I been losing..

HOVAH2.0

Does anyone have experience with California spider mites and to end their existence? Immediately!

Attachments

• 17095120363372490223250356262103.jpg
    17095120363372490223250356262103.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 95

Gone Camping

Hope this is permissable..

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sorry you are having problems friend. It can be so frustrating losing a crop to spider mites. It looks like it's too late to save your plant now.

Spider mites love dry and hot gardens. You need to shut down for a while and scrub everything down after this grow. Wait long enough to starve the adults, about 12 days. Then when you restart use a preventive early on the plants. Spray the tops and bottom of every leaf with a cold-pressed neem oil mix with a drop of dish soap in warm water. Spray every few days to kill all the newly hatched eggs. You have to stay on them to keep them from reinfesting your gardens.

HOVAH2.0

ive tried the neem oil and dish soap method for 2 months with little results.
plus i tried black flag flea and tick.

Thanks for quick reply. I'm putting it use and will have update soon.
much appreciation

RobFromTX

As creeper has said that plant is long gone. Scrap it and sterilize the grow space. Some people use neem oil and dish soap before they have a chance to do that much damage but, in my experience, it just ruins the quality of the finished product. Not to mention weed that crackles when you smoke it because of the dead mites and bug turds. Best to just start over fresh. I feel for you man. Ive lost some great plants to those little bastards

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
ive tried the neem oil and dish soap method for 2 months with little results.
plus i tried black flag flea and tick.

Thanks for quick reply. I'm putting it use and will have update soon.
much appreciation
Its very important for me not to use store-bought neem oil because it is low-grade neem. I only used cold-pressed pure neem oil with a drop of dawn dish soap in warm water.

HOVAH2.0

It wasnt that bad, I still have 3 more the mites didnt touch.
Its just Ive never had to deal with mites, we dont have mites in the south because the southern eco-system is many times better than californias. Mites cant establish themselves because atleast twice a week there are major rain storms washing them away. Not to mention the many insect predators.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Were you aware that once mixed with water, neem oil is only good for 12-24 hours, so only mix what you are going to use right away.
Yes, you are spot on when using cold-pressed neem. The mixture is only good for one application. The reason is the neem breaks down fast when mixed with warm water and dish soap.

Brother Nature

Abamectin (Avid is the most common US brand I believe) will destroy even the most stubborn infestation of mites, of any kind. There is nothing better for getting rid of a mite infestation out there. It's not 'organic' like neem, but if you don't care about that, (the black flag tells me you don't) it is a 'safe and approved' horticultural miticide for plants that are intended to be consumed, just ensure you follow instructions and hold off period recommendations.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ll often use bug clear systemic fruit and veg spray while in veg and just as they go into flower … stays in the plants for 2 weeks and kills whatever bites them

If the little bastards are in the air it’s often a case of managing them rather than total eradication… bleach growroom and equipment between each crop etc.
all the best :tiphat:

Consolidated

In the last visit of the mites to my place - last autumn - I used water with alcohol in proportions 70/30... it evaporates quickly and leaves no taste in the final product...

It was recommended to me by this website

jacking the humidity up will slow the reproduction while going through your IPM routine. I've found neem works best when used 3-5 days in a row before lights out. Spray not only the underside of the plants but containers and walls and floor.

The high humidity, I believe above 82%, prevents or slows the reproduction of mites. The life cycle is in that 3-5 day window. This should knock their little dicks in the dirt for awhile. It sounds like you are allowing the humidity to become quite dry.

Pinetar

Were you aware that once mixed with water, neem oil is only good for 12-24 hours, so only mix what you are going to use right away.
Loc Dog did you get rid of those nasties that came to you last spring? I got them from that same guy on strainly those were my first round with them in 20 yrs/ever, took me months to rid my place of them. Wound up going total nuclear I won.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Abamectin (Avid is the most common US brand I believe) will destroy even the most stubborn infestation of mites, of any kind. There is nothing better for getting rid of a mite infestation out there. It's not 'organic' like neem, but if you don't care about that, (the black flag tells me you don't) it is a 'safe and approved' horticultural miticide for plants that are intended to be consumed, just ensure you follow instructions and hold off period recommendations.
I’ve used avid very judiciously 10 years ago. Do not mix that stuff any stronger than the ingredients tell you to mix and be aware that it’s got at least a 30 day half-life so you cannot put it into flowering plant. You had mentioned that three plants don’t have the mites. If you look close enough, you’ll see they do have the mites if they share the same room or area. When you go after them hit them hard and then shut down for a while, but disinfect before you shut down… don’t play games with mites. If you don’t get them on the first go around, they’ll be back for more.

Last edited: