Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here's the little monster, 38 days since flip:

picture.php

Putting on some weight, smells like caramels:

picture.php

Fiddynut

Check out this forum. Really nice auto's that are easy to care for, and produce a respectable yield of potent buds

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
I'm with you DTOG. My grow of afterthought autos went really well and I had a lot of fun growing them. It was my third grow and I felt like it was very successful.
I wanted to grow a couple in yogi cups and join the challenge but I chickened out. Probably a good thing since I'm not very experienced and would have probably embarrassed myself. I will get in on one of these challenges soon though. It looks like a lot of fun....Fiddy.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
early week 4:
picture.php

^ still unbelievably all organic on these, haven't fed them any fertilizers at all; they are being fed only via amendments in the soil (I am amazed that they haven't yellowed yet)

picture.php

^^ plants are in a bread pan

picture.php

^ remember the alfalfa sprouts? they are sprouting/growing in the space beneath these lil yogi cups... keeping a nice lil humid environment down there, keeping the yogi cup plants from drying out

tonite i sprinkled some prilled calcium sulfate, homemade bokashi, and just a pinch of fish bone meal int the bread pan, then filled in with about an inch of water, making a tiny little tea in the bread pan that the yogi cups are just sitting in slowly absorbing; the residual amendments will settle to the bottom and dry up becoming an itty bitty soil layer that the alfalfa sprouts may continue to grow in (maybe not, we shall see)

Sforza

Veteran
We choose to grow in yogurt cups! We choose to grow in yogurt cups in this contest not because it is easy, but because it is hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g25G1M4EXrQ

Update

Three plants vegging from seed. I put all three into 12/12 tonight because time is running out.

picture.php

Budding plant is still stacking.
picture.php

picture.php

I thought about the advice I got from earthwyrms. I cut Layla lengthwise along opposite corners. Then I dug out the yellow dying plant and put it into a little coco coir pot. While Layla was empty, I took a drill and drilled quite a few holes into the plastic, trying to make a mini, poor man's airpot for better air flow to the roots. I then dug out a healthy seedling that I had planted into a coco coir pot at the same time that I planted the seed in Layla and put it into Layla.

The yellow sickly plant that was originally in Layla is doing better, getting less yellow and more green, but it is way too small to flip, but it is living anyway.

earthwyrms also advised covering the clear cup with aluminum foil so that light would not hit the roots and to prevent algae from forming. But if I covered the cup with aluminum foil, that would prevent oxygen from getting to the roots and ruin the airpot effect.

So I decided to cover the top of the Noosa cup and the entire Layla cup, but use fabric that I use to make smart pots instead of aluminum foil. The fabric should keep the light out but allow oxygen and moisture to pass through. Since the Noosa cup is so shallow and has so much surface area, I have to keep it pretty damp. That moist surface grew a lot of algae, so I covered the top of the pot with the fabric and used masking tape on the side of the container.

This is what I came up with:
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Irael

I just love this Yogurt Cup Grows, it is fascinating how Cannabis can grow with that little root space so well. Keep it up guys :D

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's mine. I'm not entering it in the contest because its not marijuana. Its Basil plant and its in a 4 inch pot. I'm doing this one for more practice because every time I try growing marijuana in a little pot they keep dying before they get a chance to flower.
anyway here it is. The soil is fox farm. maybe ill try again with weed in fox farm soil.
picture.php

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Here it is:

picture.php

From above:

picture.php

Putting on some weight, hash smell with caramel/vanilla notes.

Sforza

Veteran
The budding plant is still stacking. Seems like it might be wanting to do a little foxtailing.

picture.php

Now that the seedlings have been moved to the 12/12 area they have started to take off.

Layla
picture.php

Noosa
picture.php

Boost
picture.php

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

ive had this shot in my cam 4 about a week ,about time 4 another pic.
lol.
im still in lol
ill post a up to date pic in next day or so.
yea its realy hard to keep them alive in these small containers.
good luck to anyone who is still in.:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good sforza, bugman, dtog, and dropped cat

mine are doing just ok, i think they are a lil bit too far from the lights but are maturing and growing none-the-less

watered heavily with fulvic & humic acids and then topdressed as best i could with some hydrated kelp meal

picture.php

picture.php

^^ in this pic you can see my messy kelp topdress, alot of kelp meal made it down into the bread pan and is making a slurry of nutrient rich amendments, hopefull the plants can get at some of those nutrients when i water heavily and allow the tea that forms in the bottom of bread tin to absorb into the soil in yogi cups

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

well this it ,i choped today.
i was useing a promix & coco ,only feed twice once in veg & once in bud, tap water the rest of the time.
this poly thai is a low feeder.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just went back and checked. Mine has been flowering for 10 1/2 weeks. I guess I'll chop her later tonight.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Here she is. Florida OG from seed in a yogurt cup. Chopped her down right after I took the pics. Will be back with dry shot's and weight when it's dry.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here's what she started out looking like for a reference pic.

picture.php