What's new

pit bulls...

right

Mc Donald's heart attack food is more dangerous than a pit bull

Pit bulls have gotten a bad rap over the years and are too often associated with dog fights and violence, though that has significantly more to do with horrible owners than the rather pleasant pit bulls they mistreat. Somehow this escaped the people at McDonald’s, who thought that these dogs would be a good way to epitomize the idea of “danger.”

In a radio ad for the Golden Arches for its new McBites chicken thingies, McDonald’s states, “Trying a new menu item at McDonald’s isn’t risky. You know what’s risky? Petting a stray pit bull.”

This has not gone over well with dog lovers, who have accused McDonald’s of dredging up an inaccurate stereotype about pit bulls just to sell fast food.

After a huge outcry on the internet, including a Facebook page dedicated to pushing for a boycott on McDonald’s over the ad, the company finally issued an apology over the weekend.

“We apologize for running a local ad insensitive in its mention of pit bulls,” reads a statement from the company’s official Twitter account. “We didn’t mean to offend anyone and the ad is being pulled.”

Below is an audio recording of the ad, though the included image shows Chicken McNuggets and not McBites, though some would say that chowing down on either of those would be worse for you than petting a pit bull.

xtsho

pitbullattacks.jpg

Reactions: Rgd

Ecor1

I never seen a hamburger chew anybody's face off.
Probably never saw amputations from diabetes either because you have killed your pancreas from being 100+ lbs overweight, or liver failure because you pop a couple fifths of Lord Calvert daily. Pic your poison you are the one driving the cart but don't blame the dog when you are the PROBLEM! Learn it, live it, and most of all Own it!

Ca++

What I'm noticing is that all the majority of pitbul attacks mentioned are from the UK .
We love our pitbuls here in california. Our population is similar ( uk and calli)
We all seem to love them here .
What's the deal ?
Something different is going on.
Over the last 10 years, someone has been killed in Cali, by a pit bull, every 3 months. Usually the owner or a family member.

In the UK, we don't actually have pit bulls legally.
The future of the XL, is one where responsible people stop breeding them. While the people that like dogs that snarl as much as they themselves, keep them caged in basements. That's very possibly why we keep getting pit bull crosses here, that have insane genetics. It's the people who keep the genetics in play, keeping the wrong dogs.

I couldn't find specific numbers. General dog deaths have gone crazy of late, at about 1 a month. Adjusted for the breeds we have, it's still double the Cali number.

Fatalities-By-State-1.png

I don't know where all the states are, but I'm guessing it follows the weather.

right

Over the last 10 years, someone has been killed in Cali, by a pit bull, every 3 months. Usually the owner or a family member.

The future of the XL, is one where responsible people stop breeding them. While the people that like dogs that snarl as much as they themselves, keep them caged in basements. That's very possibly why we keep getting pit bull crosses here, that have insane genetics. It's the people who keep the genetics in play, keeping the wrong dogs.

I couldn't find specific numbers. General dog deaths have gone crazy of late, at about 1 a month. Adjusted for the breeds we have, it's still double the Cali number.

Fatalities-By-State-1.png

In 12 years 285 people died from pitbuls ,in the US We have 331 million people and counting

right

These dogs are misunderstood.
They are not for everyone they are a great responsibility and need extra care and extra socialization.
My pit will lick your face off . My Doberman needs the work.

right

70 people die sliping and falling in the shower every year. Ban bathing

CPSC Releases New Study On Bathtub And Shower Injuries​

Release Date: August 01, 1975

A new study on bathtub and shower-related accidents, prepared for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, finds that most children who suffer severe bath and shower injuries such as burns and drownings are not being supervised by an adult when these accidents occur. Many times, the report concludes, the parent has only left the bathroom momentarily, or the child is in the presence of an older brother or sister.
The study, A Systematic Program to Reduce the Incidence and Severity of Bathtub and Shower Area Injuries, was sponsored by the Commission and conducted by Abt Associates, Inc., a Cambridge, Massachusetts, social research organization. The study identifies typical accident patterns or scenarios and develops proposed ways of dealing with the hazards presented by bathtubs and showers.
One of the most significant findings in the report is that children under five years old, while comprising only 8.5 percent of the total U.S. population, account for almost 30 percent of the 110,000 annual bathtub and shower-related accidents. Over 75 percent of all bathtub and shower-related fatalities occur among children under five and 90 percent of the injuries and deaths occur when these young children are not being supervised by a responsible adult.
The study identifies three major hazards associated with bathtubs and showers -- slips and falls, burns and drownings -- and makes specific recommendations to consumers and manufacturers to meet those hazards.
Slips and falls in bathtubs and showers were found to be the most frequent type of accident. Burns from scalding water were less common, but generally much more serious, resulting in over 70 deaths each year. In addition, over 100 people drown every year in bathtubs.
The report suggests consumer education as the most effective and practical way of reducing the numbers of children injured and killed in bathtub and shower accidents. The study states that, "Our reliance on parental education is particularly important as a countermeasure to drownings...."
To deal with the problem of slipping and falling on slippery surfaces, the report recommends the development of a performance guideline to insure that every tub and shower has a slip-resistant standing surface. That performance guideline, according to the contractor, would include integral surfaces for new bathtubs and showers and would encourage the development and use of retrofit products for existing units. The Abt Associates, Inc. researchers also concluded that "existing types of integral surfaces, bath mats and appliques, designed to increase slip-resistance are not (totally) successful in eliminating this type of accident."
Anti-scald plumbing devices were suggested as a method of eliminating the scalding water and burn problem in new bathtubs and showers. A practical retrofit measure to prevent burns from scalding water would be to turn the hot water heater temperature down to 120 degrees fahrenheit. However, this preventative measure is only possible in homes without dishwashers, which require water temperatures higher than 120 degrees fahrenheit.
Consumers interested in obtaining further details may write to the Office of the Secretary, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D.C. 20207. A copy of an information summary of the study will be available in the near future.
Release Number

right

70 people die sliping and falling in the shower every year. Ban bathing

CPSC Releases New Study On Bathtub And Shower Injuries​

Release Date: August 01, 1975

A new study on bathtub and shower-related accidents, prepared for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, finds that most children who suffer severe bath and shower injuries such as burns and drownings are not being supervised by an adult when these accidents occur. Many times, the report concludes, the parent has only left the bathroom momentarily, or the child is in the presence of an older brother or sister.
The study, A Systematic Program to Reduce the Incidence and Severity of Bathtub and Shower Area Injuries, was sponsored by the Commission and conducted by Abt Associates, Inc., a Cambridge, Massachusetts, social research organization. The study identifies typical accident patterns or scenarios and develops proposed ways of dealing with the hazards presented by bathtubs and showers.
One of the most significant findings in the report is that children under five years old, while comprising only 8.5 percent of the total U.S. population, account for almost 30 percent of the 110,000 annual bathtub and shower-related accidents. Over 75 percent of all bathtub and shower-related fatalities occur among children under five and 90 percent of the injuries and deaths occur when these young children are not being supervised by a responsible adult.
The study identifies three major hazards associated with bathtubs and showers -- slips and falls, burns and drownings -- and makes specific recommendations to consumers and manufacturers to meet those hazards.
Slips and falls in bathtubs and showers were found to be the most frequent type of accident. Burns from scalding water were less common, but generally much more serious, resulting in over 70 deaths each year. In addition, over 100 people drown every year in bathtubs.
The report suggests consumer education as the most effective and practical way of reducing the numbers of children injured and killed in bathtub and shower accidents. The study states that, "Our reliance on parental education is particularly important as a countermeasure to drownings...."
To deal with the problem of slipping and falling on slippery surfaces, the report recommends the development of a performance guideline to insure that every tub and shower has a slip-resistant standing surface. That performance guideline, according to the contractor, would include integral surfaces for new bathtubs and showers and would encourage the development and use of retrofit products for existing units. The Abt Associates, Inc. researchers also concluded that "existing types of integral surfaces, bath mats and appliques, designed to increase slip-resistance are not (totally) successful in eliminating this type of accident."
Anti-scald plumbing devices were suggested as a method of eliminating the scalding water and burn problem in new bathtubs and showers. A practical retrofit measure to prevent burns from scalding water would be to turn the hot water heater temperature down to 120 degrees fahrenheit. However, this preventative measure is only possible in homes without dishwashers, which require water temperatures higher than 120 degrees fahrenheit.
Consumers interested in obtaining further details may write to the Office of the Secretary, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Washington, D.C. 20207. A copy of an information summary of the study will be available in the near future.
Release Number

Sorry more current
It is estimated that about 1 person in the U.S. dies every day from a bathroom-related injury occurring in either the bathtub or the shower.

Rgd

Veteran
They are not for everyone they are a great responsibility and need extra care and extra socialization.
no

do what you want at home...thats your problem

lots of people have ones they love

just

keep Pitbulls OUT of society.. .period

I don't trust them i don’t trust a lot of their owners

they’re like priming a carburator with gasoline when it won’t start

it works “most" of the time

have your pit bulls..enjoy them

just don't inflict them on us[please]

Ca++

I watched someone walk a bully past the dog tie points outside the supermarket yesterday. Through the foyer, where all the pumpkins and outdoor plants are, right to the double door exit. Here, he proceeded to tie the dog to the metal bar that stops trolleys hitting the door frame.

I didn't stop my flow to watch, but who wants to leave the shop, with that thing there, where it's shouldn't be. Obviously the owner is an idiot, who can't find the dog parking, or the in-door. So do you want to share a doorway with his breed that's in the papers.

For a fleeting moment, I thought should I say something. However the case was quite clear, that rational behavoiur wasn't going to win the day. The dick is probably posting somewhere about bad owners, with no idea he leads the way.

• Wow
Reactions: Rgd

right

258 deaths in 12years is actually about 1.9 deaths a month. Out of 331 million.
Your odds of winning the lottery jackpot are bigger.

We just have bigger news to sensationalize .

Latest posts

Latest posts