What's new

Nutrients and Additives (UK)

And you need calcium nitrate greenhouse grade which isn't coated in anything and is water soluble.

Cal mag products are usually made from calcium nitrate and Magnesium nitrate so the extra magnesium and nitrogen will mess up your nutrient profile.

Peace
BL

kushedy

Was considering the option of using Chempack calcium then I stumbled upon a source for a non yara brand calcinit which basically has the same values as Yara calcinit & is water soluble.
So looks all good. Is there a ratio you recommend for calcinit to main fertilizer when feeding?

kushedy

Thanks for chiming is hazyfontazy. I couldn't see any info on the chempac website stating the values for their calcium which is a bit of a pain. That said it is calcium nitrate & water soluble so it appears to be the same thing as calcinit just unsure of the concentration & value for money.

As long as it's water soluble calcium nitrate it will work. And if the Ca and NO3 values are the same as Yara then it's most likely the same stuff.

I'm not familiar with chempack but for hydroponics any commercial water soluble fertiliser will work as long as it has very low NH4 (ammonium).

Yara advise to use Kristalon brown and calcium nitrate in similar quantities for vegetative growth then increase KB for flower setting, and reduce Calcinit for fruit development and maturing.

So you can experiment to see what suits your water.

I run somewhere like KB:Calcinit 0.6:1 for veg and 1:0.6 for flowering.

For Coco you might want to buffer the medium first to displace excess K from the exchange sites. Calcium nitrate is good for this, or use rockwool untill you get used to the food.

Peace
BL

kushedy

I actually did a bit of digging around online over the weekend & found one online retailer selling Brown for £44.99 for 25kg.
Yesterday I also stumbled upon a garden supply centre online who were selling a fertilizer with an identical npk ratio to Yara Kristalon Orange. They are selling it in pack sizes from 1kg up to 25kg.
picture.php

I gave them a call today to see if they are basically just decanting Kristalon Orange into smaller bags & selling is their own. The guy went off to check & came back & admitted that, that is what they use.
Since there is no-where near me selling Yara I will have to order online. I was going to go for 25kg of Kristalon Brown as that is the only option I could see,
Now that there is an option to buy Kristalon Orange in smaller kg weights I may have to give that a go.
25kg for a full size bag would probably last longer than me!

That's where I first got mine from and what the plant above is grown with. They did sell and ship Calcinit but was a while a go.

Peace
BL

kushedy

They do stock calcium nitrate products but they are labelled as top dressing so maybe not suitable for dilution.
Orange is actually pretty close value wise to maxibloom which is what I am currently using. I noticed that a lot of people in the states are using Jacks Hydro (5-12-16) again pretty close value wise & using calcite at 0.67 calcinit to 1 Jacks for the whole grow. Sounds like a easy pain free route to go if it works with Yara Ferts.
But I guess that is the thing when using a combo like this, experimentation.

Maybe call them and ask if it's calcium nitrate, or if they have any they could send. They were very helpful when i used them.

I can't pm yet otherwise I'd make contact and send you some of each salt.

Peace
BL

kushedy

Appreciate the thought. I will out of curiosity. I've got 500g to be going on with which should last some time but the point of this is to buy in bulk cheap.
I'll update the thread on the results in case anyone is interested.

I made my own copy of Jacks hydroponic as I couldn't find it in the UK. It's a good profile, too much N for finishing properly. My copy is not too stable for pH in a recirculating solution either. And it benefits from a little extra K mid to late flower. For extra K I use Potassium Sulphate.

Peace
BL

kushedy

I called elixir today & they said that they no longer carry calcinit due to the regulations. Crazy really, you can import quite easily from abroad but not buy it in the UK.

Fucking terrorism mate... Nitrates are the easiest ingredients to acquire for explosives.

I'd call every company you can find from a search like "agricultural merchants" or "agricultural supplies" you will either need to be in Thier delivery area or travel to collect.

Or let's both make more posts so I can send you a couple of Kg lol...

Peace
BL

kushedy

It’s always a small amount of fuckwits who screw it up for the majority!
I have trawled the interweb to no avail. Looks like the importing route is the way forward. May be sensible to have that delivered to a different address just in case. Otherwise I may have the terrorist squad knocking my door down, whilst I’m stood there bricking it, massive buds in hand!

Cloneman

Veteran
Whats that House & Garden Top Shooter Gel like anybody? I know peeps said they liked the powder

edit:

Last edited:
Pretty sure there’s a company in west which sells what you gentleman are after. It’s a garden shop I’ll try find some contact details.

mack 10

Veteran
Fucking terrorism mate... Nitrates are the easiest ingredients to acquire for explosives.

I'd call every company you can find from a search like "agricultural merchants" or "agricultural supplies" you will either need to be in Thier delivery area or travel to collect.

Or let's both make more posts so I can send you a couple of Kg lol...

Peace
BL

Does nobody ever use genesis formula?

thats some good shit.
you can tailor make it to your needs.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
could try cx mighty growth enhancer ,,GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N)… 11%
9% Nitrate Nitrogen
2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
Calcium (Ca)… 8.3%

DERIVED FROM: Calcium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate.

Latest posts

Latest posts