What's new

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Nextgeneration73

IMG_20240522_003019.jpg
IMG_20240522_003058.jpg
IMG_20240522_003309~2.jpg

Nextgeneration73

I'm pretty sure though that I tighten it much better than any machine especially this time, it's wrapped compressed and over wrapped many times by many different papers but with a very compressed and vaccumed style... locked away and put away in the driest darkest place of all... By the way if it's already dry would it still continue to ferment or thus develop as cobs would?

Last edited:

Taima-da

Nextgen. Drier means more stable, which you want at this stage otherwise you'd end up well over fermented as time goes by.
Layers sometimes hold a bit of air, and I would think that you would need to pay a greater level of attention to the initial few weeks or so to avoid mould done this way, but it is totally doable.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
No you didn't, I can assure you of that.

Just get yourself down to a Lidl and pick up a vacuum sealer for 20 euros.

You in Bulgaria (looking at the TV guide) ? I presume you get Lidl there?

Check down the middle of Lidl, always a bargain to be found.
I always get my vacuum bags at Lidl; very cheap.

Once in a while we leave the mountains and drive to a real town, with big shops! Such a treat. Lol.
We always visit lidl and I'm always excited to see what they have on offer down that middle section. It's so disappointing when all they have is crapy bras, feet warmers and kids stationary.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Can you guys show me pictures of what to look for??? Should I still leave it in the papers and put them in such a bag? Don't cure jars have more air, than wrapping it in many papers and in a locked box... I know my earlier pictures show it not being that well wrapped it's much much better this time, I just didn't find the time to go through each camera roll while unwrapping it to show it....
d5b77b4569fdee9f63d25cd5e961942d.jpg

albertgriffiths

You don't necesarily need to go to lidl. There are plenty of chinese brands for these machines, everywhere on the internet, never costing much more than 20-30€/£/$. You can also find them in gardening or cooking stores.

You must have developped a cool technique with your paper wrapping, but paper is not airtight: water vapor, oxygen, cabon,... can pass through, only being slowed down a bit. That is by nature, no matter how well you wrap it. Even with 3meters wide of paper and an unlimited compression force, you would still have air passing through.

Nextgeneration73

You’re going to get a bollocking soon
( again) . everything you ask multiple times has already been explained , you just looking for attention now … go back and read is probably best
I already did, I don't see how this is worse than going into a jar rather than packed over and over with paper better each time which are zero moisture anyway and then locked in a box that's put away as well, I was asking for any alternatives being put over the papers.... You're totally right people get offended easily nowadays even when you don't offend them....
But this is a global issue..... Thanks for reminding me

Last edited:
Reactions: ost

Rastafarout

Premium user
People aren’t offended that easily .. it’s continuous silly questions that have been answered

Then just doing your own thing anyway , kinda wasting people’s time when they reply.
If you don’t see it’s worse why ask?
And you keep mentioning locked in a box wtf will that do ? Really ?

Any way over and out here … turns off radio…

Nextgeneration73

People aren’t offended that easily .. it’s continuous silly questions that have been answered

Then just doing your own thing anyway , kinda wasting people’s time when they reply.
If you don’t see it’s worse why ask?
And you keep mentioning locked in a box wtf will that do ? Really ?

Any way over and out here … turns off radio…
I think you're twisting my words.... The locked box is just to hide it and the papers are for curing.... So far I have many answered questions.... So I'm glad I asked....

Last edited: