What's new

Karma Sour D Bx2

the tray below and the smart pots will tell you when and how much. try not to overflow the tray, crazy how plants can suck up all the water just by being watered in the tray and not directly on the stem above.

do the whole run only in smart pots from babys to full grown start with 1 gallon transplant to 3 and finish in a 7 gallon get ready to see plants grow at massive rates

to answer your question it all depends but im guessing in the end when they are in 7 gallons smart pots it can be a half a gallon 4-6 times per day

babys start slow but need to be trained to recieve 3 feedings never let coco get dry

the sour diesel needs to be cured right and you will be rewarded with hard rock nuggets that smell like the gas station in your nose and somebody ran over a skunk road kill!

co2 is important and fresh air but these smart pots are the secret along with coco and bodybuilder feeding style regimen

this will take your bx SD cut #3 to the top of the podium she really will blow people away with the humidity factor of being grown in a 65 percent to 70 percent and then dried correctly at 65 percent the inner leaf stems are still fresh when they go in the turkey bag . as they cure the sugar leafs add their own humidity you clean your buds and you are rewarded with a weed that goes from 65 to 62 percent the burping of the turkey bags is a punch in the face after ten minutes.

turkey bags are put in card board boxes along with mothballs or silica balls to avoid any moisture in the boxes 3 weeks of this you will have the fuego the fire sour d.

the difference will be hard to ignore the dehumidifier is your best friend. keep it at 65 the whole way super windy water the coco alot create your own jungle

og.naj

Wouaw 8-12 ltr per m2/day is alot. You must be run some monster plant!

Iam a little scared with the humidity-temp level you run with in flowering 65-70% and 17-21°c is the perfect way to have some bud root or other bad fungi no?

65% to dry is also high for me but if this setup work for you bro that's nice bro :tiphat:

og.naj

Hello everyone,

KG SourD bx2 #3

WEEK 8 / DAY 50

Grow 100% organically with the Bioo feeding from GH powder feeding and with some homemade compost tea.

And right now, i watering with pure rain water till the end :biggrin:

attachment.php

Have a nice day all :tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_9847.jpg
    IMG_9847.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 134

THC123

Veteran
Wouaw 8-12 ltr per m2/day is alot. You must be run some monster plant!

Iam a little scared with the humidity-temp level you run with in flowering 65-70% and 17-21°c is the perfect way to have some bud root or other bad fungi no?

65% to dry is also high for me but if this setup work for you bro that's nice bro :tiphat:

If you dry at high humidity there is much more terpene retention. I do it from octobre untill fabruary-march because it is then that I have these conditions in my attick.

The key to not getting mold while flowering at high humidity is making sure there is a minimal difference between day and night temperatures. Correct me if I'm wrong Headbanger!!

Btw could you give more details bout the turkey bag thing? You leave it open in the cardboard box (a small opening to breathe?

After those 3 weeks at what % humidiy will the bud be at? What is the feel when you touch the outside and how are the stems snapping(or bending) after those 3 weeks?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone,

KG SourD bx2 #3

WEEK 8 / DAY 50

Grow 100% organically with the Bioo feeding from GH powder feeding and with some homemade compost tea.

And right now, i watering with pure rain water till the end :biggrin:

View Image

Have a nice day all :tiphat:

Excited watching your thread,just sexed mine.
Ended up with 4 boys and 7 girls.

og.naj

If you dry at high humidity there is much more terpene retention. I do it from octobre untill fabruary-march because it is then that I have these conditions in my attick.

The key to not getting mold while flowering at high humidity is making sure there is a minimal difference between day and night temperatures. Correct me if I'm wrong Headbanger!!

Btw could you give more details bout the turkey bag thing? You leave it open in the cardboard box (a small opening to breathe?

After those 3 weeks at what % humidiy will the bud be at? What is the feel when you touch the outside and how are the stems snapping(or bending) after those 3 weeks?

Yep diff of temp between night and day make the diff for the mold. But high humidity is the perfect environment for mold too...

To beginning the curing, the humidity in the bud need to be around 15%.

Drying tech I use with wet manicuring:

I dry with 55% humidity and around 16-18c° for 3 days with the help of a dehumidifier. After, I turn off the dehumidifier and i keep the humidity around 60% till the branch "crac". (around 10 days).
When all the branch crac, i put all the buds in a paper bag or carboard boxe at 16-18c° and 60% for twos weeks and in final in the glass jar in airtight environement.

THC123

Veteran
Ok and then you just keep the jar closed after that?

If electricity wasn't so expensive in my stupid country (5x more expensive as in the usa) I would run an airco dehuey and humidifier to keep good conditions. Atm I am dependant on the seasons.

About the humidity in growing, I never done this myself before, but for my job I talked to the ex-cultivator for bedrocan and they flower at 60-70% RH. I was astonished and I asked him how he could prevent mold in such conditions. He told me he keeps te difference between night and day to a minimum. They grow at an average RH of 65% with maximum 70 and minimum 55 during the day and at night it is also average 65% with maximum 70 and minimum 50%.

The maximum day/night temp they had was 10 degrees celsius in the first weeks, then 6 and in the final weeks 4 degrees.

He claims they never get mold that way because there is no condensation formed. But I never tried or verified it myself.

The guy was a former vegetable grower who now does consulting in the us and canada for big companies. But he is no "real" grower. He absolutely doesn't have a feel for the product or knows what quality is. He also doenst really smoke himself. I had a big discussion with him (should have kept mouth shut but just couldn't) because he claims quality cannot be measured after I told him that the cannabis they produced was real bad. They once entered a dutch cannabis cup incognito. It was a cannabis cup for homegrowers. They got 22 or 23rd place lol.

Also the yields they got weren't impressive...350-450 per square meter, and that is WITH co2 :D. They also never went higher than 700ppm.

But they grow their weed like corn. Really long plants much much to close to eachother. and very tall and lanky, everything was stripped so you had like 150 cm with nothing and then on top the buds.

og.naj

Yes i keep the jar close after that. But thats the theory, you need to check yourself the humidity, crispiness of your buds to know what you need to make. And that in each step of the drying and curing process. It is very difficult to explain 1 good way.

For example is different when you cure directly in a airtight container.
The drying time can change also a little if you manicure after the drying process. They would be a little longer.

Personally I think you cant grow cannabis like other greenhouse vegetable grow. You have some similarity but you have also some big diff.
A big diff is that the cannabis make dense flower where the humidity can stay and so, these flower is the perfect spot for mold.

60-70 % rh is perfect for tomato for the all reproductive phase or for pepper, cucumbers under a greenhouse but for cannabis is better to run between 50-60% rh for the reproductive phase and around 45-50% at the end. But all this number is in direct liaison with the other environment parameter like temperature, co2,...

THC123

Veteran
I will try it your way, because I really like to experiment with all sorts of curing methods. I have one that is similar, but without the brown bag. But it doesnt give consistent results. I like the idea of slowly letting it dry uniformly in the paper bag and then keeping the jar closed. Thx 4 the info, that's how I become a better grower!! (never stop learning)

og.naj

You are welcom :tiphat:

Learning every day, this plant is so special and have so much to give for just one life!

this thread was open for the sour bx which is amazing because og naj is awesome at showcasing the work put in, the macroshots are on point my friend and your dedication to make those seeds that look crazy :) show that you know what you are doing, maybe bringing up the contraversial 65 percent humidity flower room comment wasnt the best place to do it but hey i think you are a great grower and all the journals you have show that. karma seeds are what brought us together i have recieved the fizz from attitude seeds so thanks to them and karma the sour lives on! god bless the sour and whoever has love for the sour d. but i stand by comment because i was a non believer till i tried it.

go to coco forum and read coco trees by jdm peace ognaj im so happy i got my karma fizz seeds now i need the new version of the bx3 or bx4

og.naj

Inner luv for the kinds words Headbanger430 and for sure these SourD gene is something very special, one more time Big UP KG!
For the 65% of humidity, every place here is good to develop something like that, no problem bro. Personally is not my way. Maybe it works good, i dont know, never try now... Maybe in the future but i need to put my head on it before :biggrin:
Sad that you dont make a journal with the Fizz with your environment setup to see what you explain in action.

Have anice sunday bro :tiphat:

Ps: i go check the jdm journal ;-)

THC123

Veteran
DOn't shoot me down, but I have never tried Sour Diesel, what can you tell me about the aroma and the effect?