What's new

Inexpensive quality Vaporizers

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey y'all.

I'm pondering buying a vaporizer. I've used a Volcano in the past but don't want to pay a few hundred dollars for such a device.

Any recommendations on something of similar or equal quality of a Volcano without the sticker shock/expensive price?

Thanks,
SouthernGuerila

GUERRILLA, rawr! :laughing:

I know you don't want to, but spend the money and get the Volcano. Still the best non-portable one out there and it lasts forever. I have tried dozens of portable ones and I haven't found any that I've kept more than a week, regardless of price.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another question. The Volcano classic and digital, which one? Digital is a little more from vendor, any quality difference other than a LED display?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 is probably what you are looking for. Arizer Solo is portable, but portable vaporizers aren't really good. You get much better vapours with a desktop one. And since you mentioned volcano, I guess you are talking about a desktop one.

I paid over 200 euros for it when it came out, but it was still a good investment, you can buy one for 100 something dollars. Good quality and design, quality materials, all glass parts (except of the bags/whip tube), and yeah you get 2 options to use it from the box, either with a ballon type bag, as with the volcanos, or with a whip.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
None of these options are quite cheap enough for my liking. I've seen DIY setups using soldering irons and mason jars.

I'm thinking using a NuWave 'precision induction cooktop' in some sort of DIY setup... :shrug:

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 is probably what you are looking for. Arizer Solo is portable, but portable vaporizers aren't really good. You get much better vapours with a desktop one. And since you mentioned volcano, I guess you are talking about a desktop one.

I paid over 200 euros for it when it came out, but it was still a good investment, you can buy one for 100 something dollars. Good quality and design, quality materials, all glass parts (except of the bags/whip tube), and yeah you get 2 options to use it from the box, either with a ballon type bag, as with the volcanos, or with a whip.

Yeah I have rolling papers or a one hitter for portable needs. I want something that will last and for home use. Wont melt, burn my house down or whatever.

Green Squall

Arizer solo. $130 free shipping on ebay. AA good deal in my opinion. There are so many people selling them I would try to haggle with sellers for a cheaper price.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

VaporGenie

pocket sized vape pipe
zero warm up time
about $60 delivered
HUGE vape hits
leaves duff, not ash
use a pencil flame lighter

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Magic Launch Box worked well for me and was less than a hundred but is a bit small.

shithawk420

Veteran
Huh,never seen the lifesaber.but like what was mentioned get a vaporgenie,vq or volcano.those are your best options.

I ordered mine from the guys at Vape World. I dropped the Volcano once outside and it broke the thermostat. Sent the whole unit back to Storz and Bickel and they fixed it for like $50. Completely my fault, very professional guys, kept me updated with fast turnaround, great customer service. Even threw in some free parts I was missing that they noticed. I've had mine for almost 10 years, still going strong like the day I got it! My friend also has one. We both have the analog model. The digital is cool though, but not necessary. I also like the classic valve, not the ez valve.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even though I dont want to spend a load, I smoke quite a bit. I'm guessing Volcano is probably best option since they offer a warranty and I've used cheap that are <(less than) $100 USD vaporizers that weren't worth a fuck, ended up leaving more THC/CBD/CBBs, etc.. and other stuff on the herb.

Also I won't be the only person using it. I have two family members, one with chronic illnesses and the other has PTSD.

Is there any difference between the original Volcano versus the Volcano Digital. All I can see is the LED display on the digital, in my opinion that doesn't justify the extra 100+ USD price difference. Am I wrong?

??

Thanks for all the feedback and future input.

You're right. As I said, not worth it in my opinion. The best part is the vape remains, make sure you keep them. You can either cook with them (they're already decarb'ed) or you can make tincture, extract it, etc. I use 2x as much vape remains as I would good quality bud when cooking. Gives a much more stoney effect, depending on how much you vape them the first time around. I usually do a bag on setting 5 then a bag on setting 7 and that'll be it. If I'm really lazy I'll do a 10 bag but that usually makes me pretty sleepy.

Latest posts

Latest posts