What's new

Here to Share, Organics Grow Log & Some Art!

X15

Hello Friends! I think it’s time. I want to show you guys what I have been working on..
-Im running one SK600 on a Light Mover.
-Organic soil/ mixed pot sizes (smaller 1-2gal for hunting, 5-15gal full grow outs flower duration dependent). Dry amendments. Make my own thermo compost then switch it over to a 300 gallon worm tub for finishing.
-Im Really into fermentation and believe a lot can be said about a good ferment. I use LABs in various ways as well.
-I use nematodes and lace wing on occasion.
-Popped a couple Afghan #1 (Sensi) and a couple Tangerine Dream (Barney’s). It’s all I had at my location. But at least it’s a start away from the seed I’ve collected over the years that are many Miles away. Flipped around April 1st. (Update 12/2023: got my seed collection back so will be popping new projects)

My clone area was delayed, so unfortunately they have Definitely outgrown their shoes, but im trying my best to keep them happy.. Been rough dialing room temps with just one light. ESP observations on leaf temps with a Light Mover. Please if anyone has anything good or bad to Say I’m all about it! (ESP from The OG light movers here)
I understand there’s some low soil nutrition, kept things as low as possible. One TD just flat out doesn’t like the room or maybe it’s my soil. They are from Barney’s Farm so maybe she has never been in soil? 🙃
The Afghan#1 seem to be moving along, but first timing growing these #1s so my goal has really been about setting a solid base (minimal base) to improve on.
Anyone got questions I’m down. I’ll try my best to update things and check back.
9D4CE7A5-3BE4-40A8-9B6C-E692C31A8962.jpeg
57D623BD-A741-48F7-96E9-8669E6BA0BC4.jpeg
B3EDB108-BED8-4A81-81A1-9A4E1D7F035F.jpeg
7661AFEA-195D-4056-872E-07081F95EFAA.jpeg

Last edited:

X15

Little update. The pics I started this post with were a couple days old. Here’s an update.
F105AB75-8C88-420B-B618-482C6729E8D9.jpeg
133A20BF-8F3E-49D8-9FBE-B0B68B479B8F.jpeg
489B866A-9F88-45D0-8163-8727E917CA32.jpeg
9786D434-947A-486C-ACBA-C0C0FC117055.jpeg

T.D. And Afghan 1
- Have been supplementing some Nectar of the Gods, Mega Morpheus. Just wanted to give it a shot on two of them.
- Kelp ( pre digested via LABS)
- Also alternating between a couple ferments, coconut water, Aritha and yucca short teas. Rotating some LABs in.

The ferments come from my garden and I’ve noticed they really like a watermelon ferment I made fall of last year. my ratios are relative to my ph goal. Helps me keep some consistency. They look lean. Again that’s under a Spectrum King SK600. I’ve really grown a liking to this light even tho it’s a pretty old model. Not tons of hrs on it tho.

Last edited:

X15

Sorry guys I had to get a new phone and during harvest I had to use a piece of shit to take pics with and yeah. My bad. Things turned out great though. Will be posting more soon. 98DBA4E3-25E9-4216-833F-3EA1C854F92D.jpeg 1DD5BE01-6991-4FD4-A670-CACB3F6C27D9.png BD4778A8-77EE-4CAD-8F43-015ED4D7F9EC.jpeg This Pheno on the bottom right turned out interesting. So far my favorite out of the three I kept. I revegged all three of these and one more but can’t find the pic.
I’ve already cloned them and will be goin again but this time I’ve upped the pot size to 15g and the soil I have mixed up for them is slightly taylored to each one as the afghan runs a couple weeks faster.

X15

Sitting here smoking a Spliff thinking how I’d like to share some info on the building these girls are in and a little share on my basic propagation tent.
This building I built from the ground up using a lot of recycled materials. I tried my best at being efficient in every direction. Something I could have fun with.
Will put some pics together later tonight.

X15

So here is a soil test I ran.

I used three different types of soil. Three similar mediums.

Sharing this for fun!
and I’m still looking for the top plant pics I took But here is the result running three clones off a Tangerine Dream mom I have.
They were in #1 pots.
Went about 9 weeks.
6BB30ACE-D5E8-4AEC-8923-3E469407B87E.jpeg

Far left in the pic is Royal Gold.
Middle is Happy Frog.
Right is my own mix of Canadian S. Peat, worm castings/ compost (same I use on my veg garden).
All three I amended lightly with the same amounts of Kelp, Neem cake, Gypsum.
I cut mine with some Pumice and the other two had what I guess they feel is a good amount of Perlite. The Happy frog, I think I tossed in an extra handful of perlite bc it looked like they forgot some lol. Really should have good drainage if you are adding any extra amendments.
(My reasoning for amending bag soil such as those two is that I never know what I’m really getting in a bag. There’s just a time when that’s all we have and or it’s around and being wasteful sucks. So use it! (Not all brands I feel that way! No bashing here either) If I give just a little bit of something I have faith in I know that shit is in that pot and I can rest a little easier. Its amazing how little is actually needed. If it’s in there she will find it. It’s rare that I get super hot mixes esp bc most my shit sits around for a while before I use it. )
So this test was just to see what was up with the mediums chosen.

Last edited:

iTarzan

They all have nice roots but it looks like Happy Frog came in 3rd. I use Happy Frog in my mixes. Recently I had a friend tell me he thought HF was too hot. I always want to make a mix from scratch and let it cook but I never get around to it.

You are a good grower X15.

X15

They all have nice roots but it looks like Happy Frog came in 3rd. I use Happy Frog in my mixes. Recently I had a friend tell me he thought HF was too hot. I always want to make a mix from scratch and let it cook but I never get around to it.

Yeah sorry I didn’t really make it clear which place I think they got but I definitely felt HF did come in 3rd. And I feel that might be due to it’s overall structure. I feel it never really settled well and even using a couple dif surfactants (ie: yucca, Soapnut, even cocowet at first just to see in comparison) it just didn’t take and hold water like the others. Really feel that makes an impact on overall endurance of the root system in between waterings and what not.

X15

Also, thank you for that compliment!
I feel I’m ok at being a live in care taker haha!

X15

I can’t rem the last time I had any bags seem too hot.
but in my experience in the turf industry and receiving a variety of materials from different locations…. (I presume the grow bagged and bottled industry is similar)

Shipping distance, hold overs and overall product care from the time it leaves the machine to you varies Hugely depending on where ya be. So maybe your friend gets a fresher batch than me or someone just wasn’t on their Pile Polishing Skills that day. These companies make so much and I’d imagine have a multitude of locations working “Their Best” to make a “consistent product”… it’s just not gonna happen 100 percent.
Again I opt to let the bags my homies get rid of sit for a while before I use them, from a bacterial sense as well as so I can mitigate the release with my own rehydration and little bits of mix ins.
Sorry I’m just rambling

X15

So ended up selfing my fav Afghan as well as hit one of her sisters with an og male I had on Standby. Will update things soon.

X15

Been a while! I have been going through and running the prodigy from the afghan 1 x og cross. So far so good. Pretty good variety of phenos after a few dozen goes. So far I’ve kept most in 1 and 2 gallon pots due to limited space but have found some I’ve really liked. Those I have ran in larger pots now and seem to be developing nicely. Almost 5 weeks in now (recent pics were at 4). So far smells are fairly mixed. Ranging from acidic vomit to a pungent sweet. Kinda tough to isolate the smells at the moment but will update later on.

Last edited:

X15

Those shots were taken a little over 4 weeks in. Will update later on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts