What's new

Dilute H2O2 spray for sensitive clones?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hey guys, I have a Flo x F13 seedling that damped off due to me biting off more sedlings than I can chew. It recovered, but the vascular transfer was damaged and it was slowly losing vigor so I cleanly cut the apex, dipped it in rooting hormones, and set it in a peat puck to root. So far so good after 3 days. Leaves look healthy, but I'm sure it didn't have much energy stored. I occasionally spray with dilute kelp extract to stimulate growth and that's what I soaked the peat in. My question is: should I spray the leaves and stem zone with 1% H2O2 for safety's sake? This morning I saw that some seedlings in the same humidity dome had mold of the seed husk so I hit them all with H2o2. Is it ok to hit rooting cuttings with it too?

Thanks!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds like you don't have much of a choice. It should be okay if it is food-grade hydrogen peroxide. For easy-to-wipe surfaces, use 3% hydrogen peroxide.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Thanks man. It's still healthy but I was going to hit it with a spray as a preventative. I hit the seedlings and they are just fine so I'll prolly lightly mist the stem zone and spray above the apex so it can gently mist down.
There's a surprise in every seed with this variety. I got one that's white variegated with pink centers and a cool leaf-curl. Love watching them grow.