What's new

data rich grows

left hemi

as an info technologist, I am interested in data rich grows. my plan is to be able to track all the info about my grow from an intranet website. I have a stand alone webcam in my closet, and I'm looking at lacrosse weather gear to monitor the environmental data. I plan on using python and zope/plone to glue it all together. I want to be able to easily examine the end to end data on whatever it is I'm vaping. I'm also interested in controlling the closet via my LAN, watering, nutes, fans, lights, etc.
anyone want to play?

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Don't listen to that treacle. Go ahead and log away. The community will be just that much better off as a result of the excellence in cultivation you are seeking to embrace. And that has its own rewards...

left hemi

I got the lacrosse weather gear

I got the lacrosse weather gear

it's 79.5f in my closet, fluros only, no ventilation. I've also discovered a dearth of rs-232 ports and ordered a usb converter

Ono Nadagin

You can do way more than you ever dreamed of

You can do way more than you ever dreamed of

http://www.automatedaquariums.com/index.htm

ppl with high end aquariums have arleady done the hard work and now there are many ways to automate your grow(a hydro grow is much like keeping fish)

the link i provided above will offer you serveral ways of automating and monitoring your grow as well as automating it 100%............. some are more ellaborate and pricey than others

have fun checking it out

Last edited:
G

Re: You can do way more than you ever dreamed of

Re: You can do way more than you ever dreamed of

here are some links you might find usefull

1 2

Skip

Veteran
A couple of years ago I was at the High Life convention in Utrecht and saw a complete system for monitoring grows remotely. It was a hardware/software solution. I don't know if you're wanting to do this on the cheap, in which case if you put your own setup together I'm sure you'd save lots.

I have some pix of the hardware setup if you're interested. The hardware interface & software was state-of-the-art for 3 years ago.

I'm sure there are many similar systems out there, but of course I've never grown on that scale so I can't possibly give you a first hand review.

But I am intruiged by the technology I saw. The guy who was demoing it had put it all together himself. He said he used to design control systems for big ships which also have similar environmental controls to that of a grow room.

He explained how even from your mobile phone (anywhere on the planet) your could monitor the status of your grow and make changes to it on the fly. With your computer on the net you could do much more sophisticated processes and analyses.

Of course I don't have the info on the company, but I could probably dig up the photos.

Here's one of the hardware setup:
hightech.jpg

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
The link on the automated aquarium is instructive to the process but relies upon expensive technology that may be overdoing it.

The current crop of wireless technology that is used for home security may offer relief. The technology is X10 and can be used to give users remote camera control (Pan/Tilt/Zoom - "PTZ"), be used to turn on/off pumps, valves, and lighting system movement requirements, and related activities. Each module has a cost of between $15 to $75, so a system can be assembled at a very reasonable cost.

This technology seems to favor drain-to-waste top-feeding systems due to their simplicity that conspires to prevent accidental spills.

Reservoir management is still an issue. Peristaltic pumps seem to be an answer, but are expensive to acquire. The whole dosing and mixing thing seems to suggest using low voltage DC control valves that can be used to meter the dose for the given amount of water in the reservoir.

There seems to be plenty of control software available for Windows and Mac users.

The chapters of this book remain incomplete...

Latest posts

Latest posts