What's new

100% organic RDWC

Wu Wei

Hey everyone, I am currently a organic soil grower and would really like to build my own RDWC/oxy pot system but I only want to use 100% organic nutrients... Is this possible?

It would be great to have some clarity on this as I am clueless about hydroponics?

Thanks everyone, peace :ying:

Wu Wei

I'd start by looking into bio-buckets, to get an idea about what has been done already to build off of/modify:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8182

Hey cat, I have been looking into them and I did read big tokes big thread. I know how to build the system but I am unsure if it can be run 100% organic? I was thinking of filling the reservoir with water that has been sitting and mixing in soil for a few days... Then filter the water out of the soil mix and use that? Do you think this could work?

Thanks bud I will happily check out the thread you have provided.

Peace brother :ying:

Dankstang

Any updates?

I haven't had the balls to chance a run doing organic
Ever since I went sterile everything has gone smooth
Just looking for more flavor and tighter buds

blooper

from what i've been reading, the only real differences between organics and salt hydroponics is humic/fulvic acid, silica, and 'beneficial' bacteria. seems you can somewhat easily include the humic/fulvic and silica, sometimes even beneficials.

it would seem that in organic soil, yes, it's great to have those involved as it creates a living environment that makes the root system healthier and able to take up more nutrients than roots are able to in dead 'soil'.

still, hydroponics creates an environment in which it seems nutrient availability is so constant and if managed properly, so efficient that a sterile solution of salt fertilizers produces vigorous, healthy growth. that considered, i'm not sure making a hydroponic system all organic would be an improvement.

LSWM

Aquaponics I think is probably the only way to do this without use of bull shit "veganic" hydro nutes, and even in the case of veganic nutes, I think root rot may be inevitable.

It really depends on your definition of "organic", is that the "organic" "veganic" nutes as they claim to be, or is it cultivating a microherd in the soil. If it's the latter, THAT herd doesn't thrive in water.

You could potentially water coco plants on a drip system with teas and get hydro like results, but I think the waste incurred in this system as well as the work involved, and potential for disaster, it would be hard to find many benefits over bottled "synthetic" nutes.