What's new

Whos got the best Afghan?

Shua1991

This one has my interest. They say it's a 70s Mazar. One of the very few varieties they still do as regs too.
I'm starting to think it's a renamed "Aficionados seeds" (Pinot noir) it has the black currant wine flavor in spades, and was blackberry x vintage pakistani, did it turn orange/red/purple pre-harvest in the final few days? I had something very very similar a few years back too. The way barney's farm fibs about their genetics makes me think it may be related.
I’m not sure, but i may have recommended Afghan Kush by World Of Seeds in this thread earlier but i have to change my view after i grew some of the Afghan Kush they sell nowadays.

...today it’s nothing like what it was when they first released it. Far as i’m concerned they really ruined the line.

Today many plants seem to have menthol smell on them while the seeds i bought 10 years ago had none of that. The menthol smell is quite strong on veg plants but on the buds it’s surprisingly weak. Potency and aromas have gone down the drain. Effects are worse too.

The first version i grew was unstable but there was some real gem hash plants to be found if you got lucky or grew enough seeds. Today it’s still unstable, with many different phenotypes, but now it’s just unstable crap.

Stay away. I’m not gonna grow them again.
Oh fuck no.... This is why they haven't remade the regs? I got my batch at the end of 2022. I suppose I will have to be the guinea pig for this newer version, the first time I grew them was the 2015 freebies from attitude seed bank, all had dark coffee, earthy musk to them, slow almost-dwarf like hash plant growth, so I'll still be able to spot the plant I smoked if it's in the seeds.

Last edited:

befa

( balo x maruff ) x balkh F4

fertilized in NH, it was not planned but I left it, this one pleases me well even if I find it a little leafy.
Here the predominant smell at first is creamy lemon, then more pungent smells like cider, toluene, when you rub the stems of the leaves the smell is pungent fuel. The smells are evolving at about 50days ;)
SDC14684.JPG
SDC14692.JPG
SDC14682.JPG
SDC14685.JPG
SDC14686.JPG

Last edited:

befa

Deep Chunk x T.K reproduction finished ;) pure glue , hindu kush orientated smell from the 1990's the one sold at the buldog coffe , the beans were sold by 5 in a dvd like box, for those who know ;) Great smell of pine and hash.
At the time it had been renamed by a friend the mongolienne, it cut the sound of your interlocutor.
It leaves a scent in the room of pine hash, a sort of pine incense.
Here the effect is less narcotic than the Hindu 90, perhaps a little more smiling.
Sensitive to Botrytis

SDC14694.JPG
SDC14696.JPG
SDC14701.JPG
SDC14704.JPG

befa

I'm starting to think it's a renamed "Aficionados seeds" (Pinot noir) it has the black currant wine flavor in spades, and was blackberry x vintage pakistani, did it turn orange/red/purple pre-harvest in the final few days? I had something very very similar a few years back too. The way barney's farm fibs about their genetics makes me think it may be related.

Oh fuck no.... This is why they haven't remade the regs? I got my batch at the end of 2022. I suppose I will have to be the guinea pig for this newer version, the first time I grew them was the 2015 freebies from attitude seed bank, all had dark coffee, earthy musk to them, slow almost-dwarf like hash plant growth, so I'll still be able to spot the plant I smoked if it's in the seeds.
You speak here about vanilla kush of barneys, I fell on a specimen hyper narcotic a few years ago, smell rotten blackcurrant, a true rotten pot with a structure dégingandé, really narcotic I think due can be a strong ratio cbd and thc. the cross is kashmir x kush

acespicoli

anyone noticed that all the old ortega threads are closed?
1698377682521.png

keep seeing a error...

just me ? Been having a hard time finding these old ones ....its kinda sad
🙏 for males...
1698378172434.png

PERIPHERY

Hi All!!
This is Red[from Legends seeds] photo ORTEGA clon ...>

Last edited:

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
View attachment 18911047
keep seeing a error...

🙏 for males...
View attachment 18911048

PERIPHERY

Hi All!!
In't it because it's archived?

befa

View attachment 18911047
keep seeing a error...

🙏 for males...
View attachment 18911048

PERIPHERY

Hi All!!
Fleurs du mal seems to have a legitimate source, I have a pack, I'll have to test it.

Cantharellus

I got a pack of ortega from FDM. 11 seeds 8 white and immature and 3 that looked good. Germ rate was 3 for 11. I was hesitant to order from FDM and should have spent my dollars elsewhere. No freebies either.

goingrey

View attachment 18911047
keep seeing a error...

🙏 for males...
View attachment 18911048

PERIPHERY

Hi All!!
All breeders that didn't pony up the dough, including MNS, had their old Seedbay/Seedboutique forums here archived at the start of this month.

RobertFripp

Kwik Seeds has The Real seed company
90Afghani, which is original Afghani #1, and also 1990 Master Kush.

Not saying theyre the best, but its some really good stuff.
They also have Freak Chunk. aka Tom Hills Deep Chunk.

I ordered 3 packs each of the 90Afghan, and Master Kush, yesterday.

acespicoli

Kwik Seeds has The Real seed company
90Afghani, which is original Afghani #1, and also 1990 Master Kush.

Not saying theyre the best, but its some really good stuff.
They also have Freak Chunk. aka Tom Hills Deep Chunk.

I ordered 3 packs each of the 90Afghan, and Master Kush, yesterday.
I just talked to him yesterday, hes got one of the best landrace niche catalogs and hes oriented to preserving rare genetics based on covering the entire spectrum of biodiversity in the cannabis germplasm.
Had some afghans that were almost 10 years old thats what the line was about... really sat on those too long
The other plus is he wants you to grow and share them and he gets them out cheap everyone should run some just need alot of selection, the bulk packs were a good idea

Is that a S1 or the BX1? Looks proper either way!

-DD
Fems S1 aka Bombay Kush held tight for years, chem 4 dropped as S1 finally...that was a suprise

Fleurs du mal seems to have a legitimate source, I have a pack, I'll have to test it.
id like too see what you come up with if its a project your into, tag me or DM

thanks for all the info #fam
:huggg:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let keep it real. Shanti intentionally deleted a bunch of threads. A few of Nevil's threads that no longer exist prove my point.

The threads are still there we just can't post in them anymore. It's clear my post was a response was to @acespicoli. No clue what Nevile or Shanti has to do with my post. ICMAG archives the threads/Forums not the thread's forum owners. I just went through this when Karma's forum got archived. You are welcome to ask admin. That is as real as it gets.

acespicoli

The threads are still there we just can't post in them anymore. It's clear my post was a response was to @acespicoli. No clue what Nevile or Shanti has to do with my post. ICMAG archives the threads/Forums not the thread's forum owners. I just went through this when Karma's forum got archived. You are welcome to ask admin. That is as real as it gets.

Well I act surprised, but surely the server fees aren't cheap
Is seedbay paying any bills ? They have any goods on the list lately ?
We aint getting any younger either @Hammerhead lot of the vendors on this list are vintage
Anyone have the seed list link?

goingrey

Latest posts

Latest posts