What's new

Which one of these is worse for my bud?

I cut my plants 6 days ago. I just found out I have to go out of town for a week.

Is it better to manicure and jar the buds a day or two early or better to leave the plants hanging for another week?

Also, will it be a problem to leave buds jarred without burping them once a day? Will the cure be spoiled? Am I asking for mold?

Thanks in advance. BC

G

My advice would be to let them hang. Drop the temp so it's cooler than normal. Slow down or turn off any fans. You can remoisten dried buds. Molded buds that have been in the jar too long without burping are unsalvageable, except for oil or hash. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Thanks Cheeba. It is going to be hard to drop the temps in my room, it is pretty humid too. I have bowls of dessicant all over my area to help absorb moisture.

I have some bogglegum I put in jars last week. Will it be bad to leave them a week without burping?

I also have a vaccuum sealer. You think I should just vaccuum seal the whole lot and then start the curing process when I get back?

G

I don't know about it being bad , I just worry about them molding in the jars. If you've been opening and closing them for the last week, those should be ok. The others.....? I don't know.
Vacuum sealing is basically the same as putting them in regular jars, just a little more intense, youknow?
One thing I thought about, and I hope someone more experienced than I jumps in, but putting them in the fridge or freezer is said to halt the process. Whether or not you can restart it once taking them out the fridge/freezer I have no experience with.
Hope it helps, that'll be one bud! :D I need something to go with my BogBubble I'll be harvesting in the next couple weeks!

Holy poop. That is a good question...I have one more day so I will wait to see if we get any more responses. If the freezer halts curing it would be cool if curing could be started again, but I suspect that once it is frozen and then unfrozen THC might be affected to where the curing possibilty may be out.

O.K. I only have a couple of hours left before I have to go. I guess I am just going to leave the plants hang and go and hope for the best. Has anyone heared of a plant being hung too long?

omega7

The best thing you can do in your situation is to leave the plants hanging. Make sure wherever you are hanging them is pitch black while you are gone.

Cheeba you have been seconded on your opinion. Thanks Omega...I will go my "trip" now and rest easy that the last three months of work were not in vain:cool:

G

I wouldn't let them hang that long...may get way too dry and could draw spider webs and/or other bugs

I also wouldn't jar them..for mold fears

...I would put them in a box or paper bag

Latest posts

Latest posts