What's new

Which kind of sweet??????

I haven't been able to find Blackstrap Molasses here in Cali. Someone said Wal-Mart but all I can find is Grandma's. Same thing? I figure molasses is molasses yeah?

Nope, it's absolutely not the same thing. Blackstrap is what you end up with when more of the sugars are extracted from lighter grades (such as the Grandma's). With that said what you have available will certainly work fine. It simply doesn't deliver as many nutrients.

I've also read reports from other Hydro growers that the addition of molasses seem to increase chances of bad microbe outbreak, making their res all funky.

Molasses will do as you say. It'll also feed the beneficial microbes. The key is to adapt your gardening practices to get the good stuff but not the nasties.

Some cautioned against its use while others praised it. What's the typical volume per gallon when using molasses?

Molasses and other organics can work GREAT in hydro. We're going over this very topic here. Stop by and have a look. :good:

All 3 Sweet products have the same ingredients.
The "flavors" are just scents (perfume) for the benefit of those smelling the bottles.
They don't impart the listed flavors upon your plants.
Use them as a carb, magnesium, and sulfur boost, but don't fool yourself by thinking they can make your plants smell (or taste) like citrus, grape, or berry.

i disagree i have smoked a bunch of different strains that were grown with citrus all have the same tangy citrus flava.... different people grow them too.... but thats my 2 cents...

i disagree i have smoked a bunch of different strains that were grown with citrus all have the same tangy citrus flava.... different people grow them too.... but thats my 2 cents...

Can you produce evidence that plants can absorb specific flavors through their roots? I've only seen information to the contrary. For instance, would you expect to get a coffee flavor if you bubbled a tea including coffee grinds? I suspect not.

These commercial sugar snacks are great for feeding the microherd. They may also increase a plant's metabolism. It's also quite apparent that a plant's overall sugar level may be increased (which then comes through in the bud's taste/aroma). However, feeding grape soda just ain't gonna make the buds taste that way specifically. The same goes with these commercial sweeteners which tend to enhance what's already there vs. change completely.

mr noodles

botanicare just did something ridiculous like selling the same stuff in 3 diff bottle . people used to poke advanced nutrients for that kind of tactics...gh is not better, floralicious,floralicious + and floranectar...

in the end nothing can give taste to buds , its in the genetics and dialing .

3 sweet lmao ! its ridiculous

I use unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I like to think that the sugars benefit the microlife, and the calcium, magnesium, and sulfur benefit the plant. I never use the 1 tsp/gal as many others do. I only use 1/4 tsp per gal. To many sugars make for buds that burn shitty, and have less flavor.

pray4pistils- im sure you are right... i do want to thank you for being nice about it... this guy on here gave me bad rep and harassed me on my profile.....over stupid sweet..... trolls make me mad i was pissed all day..
:)

UsualSuspect

Veteran
pray4pistils- im sure you are right... i do want to thank you for being nice about it... this guy on here gave me bad rep and harassed me on my profile.....over stupid sweet..... trolls make me mad i was pissed all day..
:)

I would like to apologize for my tone and some of the flame statements I made in my negative rep. Sorry but it was nothing personal I was just rating the information you gave which I believe to be completely wrong. In my thought process it was nicer to state my opinions in negative rep rather than blasting you on the thread. The whole rep thing means nothing to me more than a way to express an opinion without having to PM; shit give me a 1000 Negative reps it really means nothing to me, I was negative repping your statements, not you as a person. I truly did not mean to spoil your day, only to shake up your perceived thinking. I did not go to your profile so that was not me that harrassed you.

See I know alot of growers who steer clear of the internet because of so much misinformation being promoted to the point of making the whole thing a mockery at times. Now I do not proclaim to be a Guru of any sorts just a straight talker, on IC their truly are and have been some true gardening geniuses but alot of times they can be drowned out or argued with arguements of the like "Well the guy at my local Hydro Shop Said" and the whole thread digresses. I was not trying to attack you personally, just the statement you made. Others handled it with much better class.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i prefer the berry sweet over the citrus & grape versions

i have also used roots organic trinity and am currently finishing up a G of Humboldt Honey ES...

both the roots organic trinity & humboldt honey are way way thicker than the sweet prodcuts, and both foam/bubble up if you have any airstones in your reserviors... becasue of the foam/bubble issue (and gunk line left on the reserviors) i only reccomend adding/using at the time you are applying the nutrient solution... results wise i wasnt fond of the trinity the buds prodced were less resious & aromatic than the berry sweet grown buds. the humboldt honey stuff helps to really add density (not weight! density) to the buds but im not noticiing any siginificant gain in resin production or aroma. im only gonna use the HH (which i got at 50% to try otherwise i would have got the G of berry sweet!) until i finish the G/complete the next crop...

to me and my senses the berry sweet has been a much better carb product for me to use than the others available (including plain mollases). it works seemlessly with my main nutrients (canna) and holds over fine in a rez bubbling with airstones to keep things oxygenated. in the long run it only costs me what i gather for an 1/8 of buds to procure a G at the hydro shop and i like the results WAY better for how i operate.

but everybody does things differently...

Last edited:

brownstormy

You can use 1000MG vitamin C tablets to dissipate chlorine or chloramine in a short amount of time and it only takes one to treat quite a bit of water. I'm pretty sure it's a chelating agent, so it wont hurt your plants, but it'll make nutrients more available to them in the process.

This is up there as one of the best tips I've seen.
1000mg should be enough to treat an entire bathtub's worth of water in a matter of minutes. You will want to keep an eye on your pH, however. Should not really be an issue - but just in case.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i prefer the berry sweet over the citrus & grape versions

i have also used roots organic trinity and am currently finishing up a G of Humboldt Honey ES...

both the roots organic trinity & humboldt honey are way way thicker than the sweet prodcuts, and both foam/bubble up if you have any airstones in your reserviors... becasue of the foam/bubble issue (and gunk line left on the reserviors) i only reccomend adding/using at the time you are applying the nutrient solution... results wise i wasnt fond of the trinity the buds prodced were less resious & aromatic than the berry sweet grown buds. the humboldt honey stuff helps to really add density (not weight! density) to the buds but im not noticiing any siginificant gain in resin production or aroma. im only gonna use the HH (which i got at 50% to try otherwise i would have got the G of berry sweet!) until i finish the G/complete the next crop...

to me and my senses the berry sweet has been a much better carb product for me to use than the others available (including plain mollases). it works seemlessly with my main nutrients (canna) and holds over fine in a rez bubbling with airstones to keep things oxygenated. in the long run it only costs me what i gather for an 1/8 of buds to procure a G at the hydro shop and i like the results WAY better for how i operate.

but everybody does things differently...

heres pictures of the foaming....

rez on the left has roots organic trinity added, rez on the right botanicare berry sweet
picture.php

rez w trinity airstone on
picture.php

rez w trinity airstone off
picture.php

rez w sweet airstone on
picture.php

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
YEah seriously some people just have no values anymore. Just ignore those people who love to hate. Didn't there grandma ever teach them. "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all".

I currently use. Floranectar. Honey ES , and good ole Brer Rabbit unsul.blackstrap Molas. I think it works well. But The honey Es is some thick shit. It's only supposed to be use once every other week I believe according to there schedule. Anyone else use the ES?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
But The honey Es is some thick shit. It's only supposed to be use once every other week I believe according to there schedule. Anyone else use the ES?

very thick stuff. its a pain in the ass to get off of the measuring cup after i pour it into the rez... adds serious density no doubt.

mr noodles

Botanicare now has Sweet Raw.
A "flavorless" version.
Now they have 4 versions of the exact same product.

wow ....4 sweet

only 1 is enough ...

no grape,citrus,or berry flavor can get pass the roots and being transfered to the plant .

carbs are great but pretending it will give a grape taste or citrus or berry taste to something that not taste like that is just plain stupid and ridiculous....

flavourless sweet...is this for people who put tobacco in their joints ? for those who hate taste of good weed lmao !

botanicare and gh like to take their distance from vile pot grower like they call us....but hell....i never meet a person who want to put a citrus taste to is tomato or berry taste to their strawberry ....or a grape taste to grape....so if its not trying to cash on pot grower...i just dunno how to call that .

by the way botanicare almost removed the humic and fulvic from pbp and liquid karma....now its an homeopathic humic and fulvic content under 1 % ...before it was way more than that .

i still use pbp and karma...but seriously think to go in different water for my next grow...

Latest posts

Latest posts