What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

You never know how relative that song is until you settle down 😂
When a former friend had developed a record including 42 court cases and nearly as many arrests a decade or 2 ago (no, his initials weren't DJT), I figured he was beyond any capacity for change resulting from natural logical learning experiences and distanced him. He drank way too much anyway.

Like a dog chasing revolving tires on a fast-moving automobile or chasing porcupines; some folks are slow on the uptake where life's lessons are concerned and can be dangerous to be near when the hammer routinely drops... or the quills start getting embedded.

Plus, some of us just get plain fucking tired and need more naps. :) Can lead, in and of itself, to major reductions in criminal behavior at times.

Last edited:

moose eater

Well, this isn't Bill & Doc, but it came up during that search (and Doc Watson is, indeed, in this recording), and the individuals involved couldn't be passed up.

2nd in line is Emmy Lou, and that, in and of itself, warranted it being put up here. Not to mention a 1974 Jerry Garcia at a 2-day Bluegrass Festival.

Yes, it's nearly 4 hours of festival recording, but I wasn't doing too much today other than taking care of 2 dogs and sorting out Medicare stuff. -And- it -can- be listened to in parts and pieces if need be.

*(If you copy the link in the upper right-hand corner of the recording and insert the url into your address bar, there's a digital time stamp listing of events for most or all of the recording at the YouTube site you can use to find specific excerpts or individuals/bands).

Without further ado...

Last edited:

moose eater

When a former friend had developed a record including 42 court cases and nearly as many arrests a decade or 2 ago (no, his initials weren't DJT), I figured he was beyond any capacity for change resulting from natural logical learning experiences and distanced him. He drank way to much anyway.

Like a dog chasing revolving tires on a fast-moving automobile or chasing porcupines; some folks are slow on the uptake where life's lessons are concerned and can be dangerous to be near when the hammer routinely drops... or the quills start getting embedded.

Plus, some of us just get plain fucking tired and need more naps. :) Can lead, in and of itself, to major reductions in criminal behavior at times.
Of course, drawing a major distinction between those who are repeatedly arrested for dedication to seeking positive social change through civil disobedience and activism (them, I salute), and those like the person referenced who simply lacks self-discipline, wisdom and common sense. -Lots- of bizarre stories in that person's rear-view mirror...

Latest posts

Latest posts