What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

back in the day there was a place here in san diego called croce's
it was a cool spot

One of the first tunes I learned to play on bass guitar. Still remember that tune's fingering. Nostalgia.

moose eater

I saw these 2 guys in the open-air market in Portland, Oregon in the early mid-1990s, with a folding chair holding cassettes they had for sale.

I and another mental health clinician were down for a conference; we didn't work in the same office but knew each other from Alaska, and we were trying to score a joint or 3 at the many booths run by (obviously) hippie folks.

My casual office attire of Levi Dockers and button-up cotton shirt left us at a disadvantage, as it was implicitly clear that many of them suspected us of being cops.

I wanted to yank one or 2 of them aside and yell into their ear, "I was smuggling when I was HALF your fucking age!!" But I/we found it wiser to abstain from such a pleading of bruised ego and frustration.

I know we ended up being able to get high but can't remember if it was some scant amount I'd brought down with me, or what.

The 2 gents below were really good in open air with harmony happening. The tune below caught my attention, but the one about a woman on a bus with a nose ring I wasn't able to find in my YT searches just now. (*I did buy 2 or 3 of their cassette tapes, though.... over time.... and still have them here. Good guys.

Last edited: