What's new

Welcome to the isle of Misfits

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
The boys and I are packed up and ready to hit the road. We are all heading to North Florida. Spend the week with gangier and his family. I’ve gotten to know him very well and I am looking forward to spending some time up at his new place with him and his family… you folks have a very blessed holiday and be safe out there

Nannymouse

So , nanny what can and can't we do politically ....In other words....how far can we push it. Hard subject to stay away from in today's environment.
I really don't know, i just don't push it. Lots of other sites to get the flames going, if that's what you are in to. At this point, most everyone knows where they stand and i figure that i should just shut up and let my voting do the talking. or yelling. or bitching. Wish others would do the same. I would not presume to put others down cuz they are not politically, genderly, religiously, or 'whatever' 'like me'. It's part of why i like to stay a near hermit in real life. At least i TRY to do that, on the pot sites. Pretty hard, when getting 'baited'. If i really want to 'bring some light' to stupid comments, i go to a news outlet that has comments section, tons of it there. I'm about to stop frequenting the 'funny pictures' thing, tho...a lot there 'gets my goat', from a female perspective. People do get some punishment, here, sometimes 'cooled off with a temp ban'...i dunno if total bans happen.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I really don't know, i just don't push it. Lots of other sites to get the flames going, if that's what you are in to. At this point, most everyone knows where they stand and i figure that i should just shut up and let my voting do the talking. or yelling. or bitching. Wish others would do the same. I would not presume to put others down cuz they are not politically, genderly, religiously, or 'whatever' 'like me'. It's part of why i like to stay a near hermit in real life. At least i TRY to do that, on the pot sites. Pretty hard, when getting 'baited'. If i really want to 'bring some light' to stupid comments, i go to a news outlet that has comments section, tons of it there. I'm about to stop frequenting the 'funny pictures' thing, tho...a lot there 'gets my goat', from a female perspective. People do get some punishment, here, sometimes 'cooled off with a temp ban'...i dunno if total bans happen.
I don't talk politics anymore. No point. Big just posted somenting and I didn't want you and the other mods to come down on him. I am his guardian Angel. Ha ha.

You know us.....just a bunch of old timers looking for a way out. We mean no harm but we are always in some kind of mischief.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I am getting ready for Thanksgiving. Run to the store.....do this do that. I do run out of energy fast....fargin covid.

Turkey is thawing. I cook ours on the Weber .....have done it that way for almost 50 years. Have the technique down.

tenor.gif

Nannymouse

I don't talk politics anymore. No point. Big just posted somenting and I didn't want you and the other mods to come down on him. I am his guardian Angel. Ha ha.

You know us.....just a bunch of old timers looking for a way out. Me mean no harm but we are always in some kind of mischief.
I'm not a mod. Say what you all will, i cannot stop you, but others might. If i don't like it, i just will go elsewhere!

Unca Walt

420club
We're you a member of the "In Crowd" when you were in school?

Not me...I was the guy who pulled the fire alarm, climbed and wrote on the water tower and all kinds of nefarious dasterly deeds .
I''m A little hippie a little redneck...and always a suspect. My bloodline made me who I am!
My only teenage foray into what coulda got me in serious trubble occurred in my junior year in high school. That is the year you took Chemistry.

Bottom line, after a whole semester of Chemistry, summer came rolling around. The last class was over, and I was staying behind ostensibly to help clean up with a buddy. We had volunteered for brownie points to make up for lost/undone assignments.

We had also volunteered because we were gonna make a shitload of ammonium tri-iodide (Fourth of July stuff). For the odd one among you that dunno, this is the stuff of poppers. Put a little under a chair leg, and when sumbody sits down... BANG!

Throw it at a wall. Bang. YAY. Teen funz. Anyway, I had mixed up a ginormous amount of the liquid (which is totally safe, BTW) -- mebbe two gallons.

My buddy in crime sees the Chem teacher outside on the school lawn talking (the Chem lab was on the second floor) and then the teacher turns to go back into the school. He hisses: "Chickee!! The Warden!" <-- his actual words

There was no time to hide all the liquid at all, and to get caught with it would get me in really deep in the stank. So I did the only thing I could do: I dumped it in the chem lab sink. Done deal.

We managed to get all cleaned up just in time to saunter out and greet the teacher as we were leaving the pristine chem lab.

That ain't the end of the story. Ammonium tri-iodide is stable when WET. It had the whole summer to dry out in the Chem Lab pipes that lined the concrete walls right above the floor surface.

So here comes some floor waxer dude just before school was to open the next day in September. His waxer bumps the pipe.

KA-fargin-BLOOIE!!

It blew out about thirty feet of drain pipe, and damaged the concrete wall.

They never found out what had happened.

Unca Walt

420club
One thing that keeps heat offa politics with this crowd: Every stinkin' one of the bastages is in the same choir.

So when there is a "hot" post, it is generally a straight expose' of some awful -- and obvious -- thing like vote fraud, etc. Not confrontational but conversational <-- if you get my drift.

Unca Walt

420club
Best island ever. I wished I could live there when I first saw Rudolph as a kid. Not kidding. I felt strongly that I'd instantly belong on that island and none of the "misfit" toys that lived on the island seemed defective to me; just different.
Haven't a clue... about the "island"... I remember being shocked and annoyed by the arrival of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. It changed the season away from the Christmases I had known my whole life (9 years).

AAs a kid, I saw RTRNR as an interloper. And I've always disliked the song. Even when Gene Autry sang it.

Which brings me to the Ultimate Question I ask on the evening before my birthday tomorrow. (Herself is making me brownies.)

Oh yes. I was born (on probation) in Sharon, Connecticut on a wintery night in 1940.

I've always felt responsible for WWII. I got borned, and the whole fargin world blew up.

Oh, the question (it's Boo/Tog's fault -- I am zoooming) the question is:

At 83, am I still the oldest, or did one-a youse bastages gain on me? Or toss in a ringer?

Last edited: