What's new

War

moose eater

I'm referring to the Token Jews - all three of them - whose recounting you suggest discounts Herman's understanding of the history of Jewish people in the Middle East and North Africa since the 20th c.
As far as hidden agendas and identities, I think you've just made yours quite clear.

It's laughable that you denigrate their standing within their religion, which is not too far afield from those Hasidic Jews in Israel and Gaza being brutalized by IDF and Israeli police for protesting the very issues that all three of those persons I've posted have spoken about.

Kind of like your taking pot-shots at Cannavore's sources, when your allegations were incorrect altogether, and full of anal wind at best.

I guess anyone who objects to the piece-meal re-writing of opportunistic Nationalist Zionist history is a 'token Jew'?

Thanks for the telling (implicit) admission.

But your purpose here was obvious a long time ago.

GenghisKush

are you sincerely suggesting that the experience of three individuals as reported by... is it turkish television? ... that that comprehensively and genuinely summarises the experience of several million over several decades over several continents?

super plausible.

Herman didn't even get to express his pov - he merely mentioned its existence - before you hauled ass quick to debunk it.

Maybe he can get a chance to express his understanding of that history before you call bullshit.

And honestly, I thought the parallel of wack-a-doo mystics L Ron Hubbard and C Jung was irresistible. I couldn't pass it up.

moose eater

are you sincerely suggesting that the experience of three individuals as reported by... is it turkish television? ... that that comprehensively and genuinely summarises the experience of several million over several decades over several continents?

super plausible.

Herman didn't even get to express his pov - he merely mentioned its existence - before you hauled ass quick to debunk it.

Maybe he can get a chance to express his understanding of that history before you call bullshit.

And honestly, I thought the parallel of wack-a-doo mystics L Ron Hubbard and C Jung was irresistible. I couldn't pass it up.
Again with the dishonest limiting of perspective to 3 people, or, in other cases, some grab-handed alleged minority, minimizing the facts as they are at every opportunity, despite those beliefs and positions being held by far greater numbers of Jews (and others) than you insinuate.

It's been you who has taken this out of context time and again, whether the photos of the resort, or other instances, such as the instant coffee in an MRE, of which you have, apparently, zero experience...

Herman stated he didn't care what Israel had done, no matter what, he was for the Jews. I wasn't addressing (generically) the 'Jews'. I was addressing illegal actions by the Nationalist Zionists and their pro-apartheid violations of international law that span 3/4 of a century. Herman cited the 2000 years of being persecuted, and added they were kicked out of the Arab States. There were some mitigating factors there that both you and he seem to want to avoid being included in the playing of the long-stale victim card. Not to mention the re-writing of history; one of those people I posted having been there at that time as a young person.

Furthermore, your statements about Jung were what was wacky. If you'd known what you were talking about, you'd have known that. But again, you've fired from the hip, half-baked, misinformed, and missed. I left it alone then. I'm only minimally touching upon it now, to let you know you're full of shit.

Take your notions to someone else. I'm not buying. Buy a mirror.

GenghisKush

Again with the dishonest limiting of perspective to 3 people, or, in other cases, some grab-handed alleged minority, minimizing the facts as they are at every opportunity, despite those beliefs and positions being held by far greater numbers of Jews (and others) than you insinuate.

It's been you who has taken this out of context time and again, whether the photos of the resort, or other instances, such as the instant coffee in an MRE, of which you have, apparently, zero experience...

Herman stated he didn't care what Israel had done, no matter what, he was for the Jews. I wasn't addressing (generically) the 'Jews'. I was addressing illegal actions by the Nationalist Zionists and their pro-apartheid violations of international law that span 3/4 of a century. Herman cited the 2000 years of being persecuted, and added they were kicked out of the Arab States. There were some mitigating factors there that both you and he seem to want to avoid being included in the playing of the long-stale victim card. Not to mention the re-writing of history; one of those people I posted having been there at that time as a young person.

Furthermore, your statements about Jung were what was wacky. If you'd known what you were talking about, you'd have known that. But again, you've fired from the hip, half-baked, misinformed, and missed. I left it alone then. I'm only minimally touching upon it now, to let you know you're full of shit.

Take your notions to someone else. I'm not buying. Buy a mirror.
Have you considered the possibility that you've become an antisemite, sir?

moose eater

Have you considered the possibility that you've become an antisemite, sir?
Bwahahahahahaha!!

I have nothing against Jews. Jews are not inherently synonymous with Nationalist Zionist fascist pro-apartheid scum. The fact that you imply they might be says more about you than me.

Have you considered the possibility that your real disposition is not as cloaked to others as you think it is, and that you're delusional?

GenghisKush

Message From a Gazan to Campus Protesters: You're Hurting the Palestinian Cause | Opinion​

Published Apr 25, 2024 at 2:24 PM EDT Updated Apr 26, 2024 at 12:44 PM EDT

By Hamza Howidy
Palestinian from Gaza City

Protests are spreading across the United States at college campuses, where university students are gathering in the name of Palestinian rights and occupying campus spaces with tents. Sadly, not everyone who purports to support Palestinians is truly interested in safeguarding our rights.

It pains me to say this as a Palestinian from Gaza. As my home is destroyed and too many killed, I never thought I would find myself criticizing those speaking up. And yet, I cannot be silent about what I am seeing. The truth is that the manner in which many gather to voice their support for Palestinians does more to hurt our cause than help it.

You know what would help the Palestinians in Gaza? Condemning Hamas' atrocities. Instead, the protesters routinely chant their desire to "Globalize the Intifada." Apparently they do not realize that the Intifadas were disastrous for both Palestinians and Israelis, just as October 7 has been devastating for the people of Gaza.

They should be speaking up for the innocent victims of Hamas—both Palestinian and Israeli. Instead, they endorse Hamas's ideology with posters announcing resistance "by any means necessary" and chants of "from the river to the sea," effectively glorifying the Al-Qassam brigades, Hamas' military wing, whose ideology is entirely based on the elimination of more than 6 million Israelis from the land.

The Face of Protest

A person adjusts a scarf on their head as student demonstrators occupy the pro-Palestinian "Gaza Solidarity Encampment" on the West Lawn of Columbia University on April 24, in New York City. TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES

I assumed individuals who initiated these slogans were uninformed about what they were advocating for. I saw the LGBTQ flag frequently flown among people chanting lines from Hamas's charter, and I initially wanted to educate them, to warn them that the group they are honoring would most likely toss them from the top of a building or murder them like they did to Mahmoud Ishtiwi, a Hamas commander accused of homosexuality. Hamas harasses women who don't cover their heads. Hamas tortures those who demonstrate against their authoritarian rule, as they did me when I protested.

All of this seems to be lost on the people who have named themselves our allies, to our misfortune.
Hate speech on college campuses starting with the one at Columbia has recently reached a frightening pitch. I've seen people yelling antisemitic things at Jewish students, including "Jews go back to Poland" and other horrible phrases. It has deteriorated to the point that Jews are no longer attending university classes due to the current hostile environment, and they are attending their classes online to avoid the demonstrators.

It's unconscionable. But it's not just the antisemitism that has me despairing. It's the hypocrisy. Where were these caring young people when Hamas took over Gaza and slaughtered hundreds of Gazans, or when Hamas held 2 million Gazans captive for more than 17 years? Why didn't they speak out about the fact that Hamas led Gazans into this conflict, which resulted in more than 30,000 dead and 80,000 injured, according to Gazan municipal authorities? Where were they when Hamas's failed missiles claimed the lives of hundreds of Gazans on October 17, or when Hamas murdered young people in order to steal aid and resell it to Gazans at massively inflated prices?

The only conclusion that can be drawn from these demonstrators' silence concerning Hamas' atrocities and their antisemitic chanting is that they are not concerned with protecting Palestinians. They are out in their tents because of a hatred of Jews and Israelis.

As a Gazan and as a Palestinian, I want the protesters and the organizers of these protests to know that their hateful speech harms us. The Jewish person or Israeli you are intimidating during your rally may be the granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor or a family member of an Israeli slain or abducted by Hamas on October 7. These folks would be your partners if the protests were about achieving lasting peace and justice for Palestinians and Israelis.

I do not accept hateful speech or terrorist chants, and all of these foolish dreams about eradicating Israel are disgusting—and will never be achieved. Both of us—Palestinians and Israelis—are here to stay.
But the protesters aren't interested in peace. Some of the groups have been blocking Palestinian peace activists like me—and I am from Gaza, the very place they claim to care about! Instead of blocking peace activists, they should be inviting us to join these protests and guide them in the right direction—a place without hatred with a focus on calling for the release of the hostages who have been held captive by Hamas for more than 210 days.

If the protesters cared about Palestinians, they would have one central demand: Hamas must surrender, because we have all suffered from Hamas and can no longer live under the rule of a terrorist group. Only then can a ceasefire be achieved.

Hamza Howidy is a Palestinian from Gaza City. He is an accountant and a peace advocate.
The views expressed in this article are the writer's own.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Hamza Howidy is a kid with a very poor spirit. Jews are the victims, they'll always be for people like him. Fear? Coward?

Licking the balls of your murder doesn't seem very smart to me. He's right about one thing: the rainbow flag doesn't suit any Muslim people, it suits Israel. See nonsense being gay and pro Palestine.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
45 of my 60 yesrs

I'm shocked by your Nationalist Zionist (pro-fascist, pro-apartheid) attitude. I'd thought you had greater integrity than that.
45 of my 60 years I am thinking about Jews, Israel and the Shoa. One time while the first Intifada, I was for the Arabs. Like the youth of today. I don't like the seddlers in the Westbank and I don't like what the IDF is doing in Gaza but "In Treue fest", I stay to Israel. Like I stay to the USA, don't matter, they killed hundred thousands of innocent german, japanese or vietnamese civilians for example. I am not importand but for my lifetime I made my decission.

Last edited:

moose eater

I doubt very much that article was written by any pro-Palestinian activist... anywhere.

The vast majority of the protests on the campuses have been anything BUT antisemitic. Anyone paying close attention knows this.

The domestic media in the US has certainly tried to spin the news about antisemitism at the protests and elsewhere, but even in the previous page there are news stories about the spinning of the reporting on these actions.

The article seems much more Likely to have been written as a propaganda piece, as any experienced pro-Palestinian activist in this time KNOWS FULL-WELL the spin applied to much of both Israel's AND the US' reporting on these issues. And I doubt they'd be THAT gullible in their perceptions. Seriously.

Based on that alone, I'll wager $10 it's a propaganda piece. The question is, how far would one have to look to find such a piece and was the finding of it coincidental? Especially in consideration of the poster's peculiar behavior in re. to these issues over the last significant period of time?

Israel is losing respect world-wide at this time, and they are suffering in numerous ways for it. Look up current articles on the Israeli economy as one example of some the outcomes for Bibi's and the US' boundary challenged nonsense. Good. The more the fascist murderers wiggle and squirm, the more obvious it is that they're trying to spin the truth of it harder and harder. Fuck 'em.... Hard.

Last edited:

moose eater

45 of my 60 years I am thinking about Jews, Israel and the Shoa. One time while the first Intifada, I was for the Arabs. Like the youth of today. I don't like the seddlers in the Westbank and I don't like what the IDF is doing in Gaza but "In Treue fest", I stay to Israel. Like I stay to the USA, don't matter, they killed hundred thousands of innocent german, japanese or vietnamese civilians for example. I am not importand but for my lifetime I made my decission.
I'm well aware of both the historical and current sins of the United States in both domestic and international affairs, Herman. Morality and moral compasses aren't based on team jerseys, source of birth certificate, or community of membership. They're based on something much greater. Something universal, frankly. It's not a soccer game when discussing serial mass murder, lying to the world, or destruction of others' lives and homes.

Aligning oneself with people who have done what the US and Israel have done in their greed and disregard for others, based on cultural affinity or membership, is not admirable.

Last edited: