What's new

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sweatloaf

Question: If cannabis is rescheduled to III from I and Big Pharma gets its power grab and monopoly on weed that it obviously wants, what would that mean for recreational weed in states that have legalized it since there's no recreational use allowed with schedule III drugs?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO rational basis, but what about no CONSTITUTIONAL basis.

Alcohol had to be prohibited through an amendment to the US Constitution. Then when prohibition was repealed, it was repealed by the 21st amendment to the Constitution.

Consitution says nothing about the Federal Government having the right to prohibit cannabis at all. This authority is EXPLICITY given to the states because of Article 11 of the Constitution I think it is.

We have a problem. The unelecte beauocracy is being allowed to rule because our legislators refuse to represent the people and do their legislative duty. They can't agree on anything. Everyone has to come to the table and they can't because they are being CHILDISH.

Americans deserve better but not really because we are sitting here watching this, or perhaps not, and igorning it all minding our own business and getting railroaded becuase of our lack of knowledge.

Hosea-- My people perish for lack of knowledge.

xtsho

NO rational basis, but what about no CONSTITUTIONAL basis.

Alcohol had to be prohibited through an amendment to the US Constitution. Then when prohibition was repealed, it was repealed by the 21st amendment to the Constitution.

Consitution says nothing about the Federal Government having the right to prohibit cannabis at all. This authority is EXPLICITY given to the states because of Article 11 of the Constitution I think it is.

We have a problem. The unelecte beauocracy is being allowed to rule because our legislators refuse to represent the people and do their legislative duty. They can't agree on anything. Everyone has to come to the table and they can't because they are being CHILDISH.

Americans deserve better but not really because we are sitting here watching this, or perhaps not, and igorning it all minding our own business and getting railroaded becuase of our lack of knowledge.

Hosea-- My people perish for lack of knowledge.

The Controlled Substances Act (CSA) is the statute establishing federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use, and distribution of certain substances is regulated. It was passed by the 91st United States Congress as Title II of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 and signed into law by President Richard Nixon.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 18, of the Constitution gives Congress the power to enact laws.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like its really coming to a head if the feds stick with medical only through schedule 3. That will fly right in the face of all the states with adult use cannabis. Its outrageous how congress has let this go on for almost 30 years now since california had medical.

xtsho

Changing cannabis from schedule 1 to schedule 3 isn't likely going to have any effect on current state recreational laws. It will help cannabis companies gain access to banking and tax benefits that have been unavailable to them. It will also allow for more studies regarding medical applications of cannabis.

Rescheduling cannabis to schedule 3 is a good thing if it happens.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree there are some benefits to progressing in the right direction, but without proper legislation, there is still a major issue unresolved.

A lot of innocent people are being put in harms way because of the lawmakers' obstruction in lawful progress. The federal government legislature should be creating a more open policy, and allow the STATES to adopt more restrictions if they choose to.

However, allowing states to limit personal liberty for cannabis use when the federal government has already accepted that its safe would set a dangerous precedent to allow other natural rights such as the First Ammendent to be infringed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

mudballs

Screenshot_20240411-161652_Chrome.jpg

I can usually handle stupid people...but you hit a nerve today motherfkr!...i should have X(twitter) taken from me before i get in real trouble.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Somebody has to stand up to the lies! He has no consideration for everyone else who can use it responsibly. He's exposing himself as a sellout right there talking about his loyalty to some fraternity. Obviously not able to form his own opinion, just a follower. Nice job, mudballs! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have some big news from our nation’s capital. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has reportedly proposed rescheduling cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III under the Controlled Substances Act. Before taking effect, the DEA’s proposal must undergo public comment and official review by the White House Office of Management and Budget.

For Americans who live in a state with a medical cannabis program, and for many others across the country seeking access to medical cannabis, this is a positive step forward that will deliver real benefits for medical cannabis patients, providers, and researchers.

However, it is important to acknowledge that rescheduling would not affect the criminalization of medical cannabis patients and adult-use cannabis consumers under state laws. Given the strong support among American voters for comprehensive federal cannabis reform, this modest step forward will need to be followed by legislative action.

It is absurd to consider cannabis to be more dangerous than cocaine, as is the case today. It will remain absurd to consider cannabis to be more dangerous than alcohol, Xanax, and Valium, which will still be the case after this rescheduling takes effect.

Rescheduling cannabis will not resolve the conflicts between state and federal law, so we must also continue the work of enacting sensible and fair cannabis legalization at the state level – primarily by passing laws through legislatures.

MPP will maintain pressure on Congress and the Biden administration to enact comprehensive reform. At the same time, we’ll continue our work of dismantling prohibition state by state.
Matthew Schweich
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
P.S. The core of MPP’s funding comes from monthly sustaining donors who provide consistent support so that we can continue replacing failed cannabis policies with sensible and equitable laws that work for everyone. Join our fight today by becoming a monthly sustainer!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

xtsho

"For the purpose of the Controlled Substances Act, marihuana and tetrahydrocannabinols in cannabis (as so defined) shall each be deemed to be a drug or other substance that does not meet the requirements for inclusion in any schedule."

Latest posts

Latest posts