What's new

Ur Favorite Beer?

shithawk420

Veteran
Impossible to pick just one. i like all types of beer.Urquell for pilsner.Guinness for stouts.Grolsh for lager.Arrogant Bastard for ale.the list goes on.but i did try a rare type of goose island on tap at this 5 star restaurant in Chicago.10 bucks a glass but it was probably the best.Bedonia or something?

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
anyone tried this?...
Kujo-Coffee-Stout-12-oz-Body.png

coffee and stout, two great tastes in one

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Lately Ive been drinking Thistly Cross Whiskey Cask cider. YUM! If you can find it, give it a try.
whisky_5-300x250.jpg

The Revolution

Veteran
Right now my favorite is Founders Centennial Pale. I have a lot I prefer, Stone IPA, Ill drink some Southern Tier IPA too.. After discovering craft beer Ive been trying a lot of different stuff. I really enjoy IPA and pale ale. I wouldnt call myself a beer snob, as Ill drink most beers if theres nothing good available, but I dont buy anything but the best.

The Revolution

Veteran
I dont believe Ive tried Sierra Nevada, But Its next on the list. Ive been hearing all good things. I like the idea of distilling the fresh hops to capture the essence, sounds brilliant! 20$/case seems incredibly cheap, considering budweiser here (the most common and cheapest beer, which Id never buy) is about 22$. I pay 40-50$ for a good IPA here.

So I am at my local Costco...and lo and behold what do I see? Case of Sierra Nevada "Hop Hunter" for $19.99. I bought a case and tasted it that afternoon--I quickly went back that evening (before they closed) and bought the "last case". Best $20 I ever spent!

It is "brewed with farm distilled hop oil"...hmmm "hop oil". It is hoppier than their Torpedo IPA and this ale is full of crisp citrus flavors with a nice deep hop bite...I like!

View Image

Hop Oil

Sierra Nevada is famous for its love of hops, and the heavy-handed showcasing of hop flavor and aroma has become known worldwide as the “American” style. Most hop aroma comes from naturally occurring essential oils found in the lupulin glands of the hop plant. When and how the hops are used in the brewing process affects how much hop oil—and with it hop aroma—appears in the finished beer. We use techniques such as dry hopping and torpedoing (our revolutionary technique of re-circulating beer out of a fermenter and through a column of hops) to increase the hop oil concentration in our beers. We often choose hop varietals based on their oil content, preferring high-oil varietals as choices for highly hopped beers. With Hop Hunter IPA we’re experimenting with a method of steam distilling wet, un-dried hops fresh from the field to harvest the hop essence. This method collects the pure essential oils which are added post-fermentation and captures the intense hop aroma for use year-round.

Source: http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/hop-hunter-ipa

I will buy more...even at $25/case!

sdd420

Veteran
Anything by Lagunitas or Racer 5 stone is ok just too bitter to me but the best is the 90 minute ale for sure peace sdd

theclearspot

Westmalle Dubbel. prefer it to the Tripel in fact. Also nice is a Czech brewery Konrad they do a superb dark beer called Kapucin but very difficult to come across.

non

Veteran
this thread is about favorite beers, but i want to chime in about least favorite too. recently i bought couple petrus aged pales and they were not nice. what kind of beer type is that? like someone had dumped sour cider in there too, i've accidentally come across this type earlier. just like to know what to avoid.

trappistes rochefort is nice, soon to try the 6, 8, 10 in a row :)

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
this thread is about favorite beers, but i want to chime in about least favorite too. recently i bought couple petrus aged pales and they were not nice. what kind of beer type is that? like someone had dumped sour cider in there too, i've accidentally come across this type earlier. just like to know what to avoid.

trappistes rochefort is nice, soon to try the 6, 8, 10 in a row :)

The 6 and 8 are good, bit the 10 is truly world class, IMO!!:tiphat: