What's new

Tobacco price

Cuddles

I was actually surprised at how easy it was for me. I used patches that we got free in some stop smoking pack that my wife ordered. She used the lozenges and two months after her success, I used the patches.
I´ve never heard of these lozenges to be honest, what are they exactly?
I once used nicotine patches and they did nothing for me except make me feel really sick PLUS I still wanted to smoke lol. 🥴
But considering what the prices are like in the UK right now... it could be worth investing in a reputable hypno therapist or something which helps you to quit. I bet they´ve put their prices up too though :joint:
for the first time I am actually glad not to be in england....

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I´ve never heard of these lozenges to be honest, what are they exactly?

2 mg of nicotine each. Directions say up to 10 a day is usual to start and you taper down.

thrive.jpg

Tynehead Tom

we've had nicorette and other brands of lozenges in canada for a long long time..... I'd be willing to bet for over 20 years at least. I think the gum and lozenges came out in the early 90s...... mid 90's?? I could be mistaken though as I am know to consume a lot of pot LOL

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
England is cooked. Tax evasion for growing tobacco. US is not far behind. I knew when they sprang pot loose they would restrict other things at the same time. People controlling their own destiny is not a government feature, more like a temporary flaw.

I get tobacco leaves from US suppliers and roll my own cigars now. No more ready made cigars. About a buck per cigar as I do not use a wrapper and just use filler to bind it all up. Pipe tobacco is stocked up for many years with bulk tobacco at 23 bucks a lb. The stuff in tins is a rip imo. I lack space to grow enough tobacco for my use or I would.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Piff, that seems to be a french company rather than an Irish one. And I'm not sure they are for ferries as they list two London airports and one Northern Irish one. I sent them my details and asked for further info anyway.

ahortator

Veteran
I have found this:

Is it legal to grow tobacco in the U.K?

Yes, it is completely legal to grow your own tobacco as long as it is to be smoked by yourself, however the usual duty obligations still apply once your tobacco is in a form in which it can be smoked. There are laws that you must adhere to should you want to sell the tobacco you have grown.

What are my responsibilities for tax on home grown tobacco?

There is no such thing as legal duty free tobacco, as duty is calculated by the weight of tobacco that is produced. The duty on tobacco products is set every year within the annual budget. There is duty to be paid for every kilo of rolling tobacco produced and every thousand cigarettes produced, as well as duty on the sale price of tobacco products. It is your responsibility to volunteer this duty once you have processed your home grown tobacco into a form in which it can be smoked. Home growing tobacco is still however a good way of obtaining very cheap tobacco.

You can graft tomatoes on tobacco rootstocks in order to disguise your crop :LOL:

Cuddles

If growing your own is legal in Britain and you don´t want to pay tax when selling, you just tell the coppers that you´re a chain smoker in case they question you. ;)

How do these plants smell when growing and curing etc?

I´ve considered growing some on my balcony in the past as I had read that this is possible, but the steps afterwards put me off a bit. Hell, by the time it´s ready to smoke I may have actually managed to quit lol :p

ahortator

Veteran
If growing your own is legal in Britain and you don´t want to pay tax when selling, you just tell the coppers that you´re a chain smoker in case they question you. ;)

How do these plants smell when growing and curing etc?

I´ve considered growing some on my balcony in the past as I had read that this is possible, but the steps afterwards put me off a bit. Hell, by the time it´s ready to smoke I may have actually managed to quit lol :p
I have not grown that strain. I have read it is sweet and aromatic.
I have grown Virginia Gold and it really smells and tastes really good just after drying the leaf. I am usually grow a heirloom from my zone since I got the seeds many years ago. This one has a subtle milder smell and taste, but I guess it must be far higher in nicotine as no bug attacks the plants, while I gave up to grow Virginia Gold and other similar strain due to heavy pest and mold infestation all the time.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ah cuddles, the problem is it's not about "when selling". They're crafty, they word it as, once prepared for smoking. The second you take a pair of scissors to it, or I imagine, roll it up, you instantly owe £412 per kilo to customs. If they catch it coming through customs, they will instantly be drawn to you. A future that for obvious reasons, I'd rather avoid.
I'm leaning to piffs suggestion at the moment, a trip to Ireland for duty free. For some reason, I always think Europe or America when thinking duty free, when I'm only a hundred miles from Ireland, maybe not that far.
I heard back from the loose leaf place, nice chaps, but yeah UK customs can become troublesome. Still waiting to hear back from AE. (The ferry /duty free peeps piff put me onto.)
If I don't hear, I'll make enquiries elsewhere.
I'm not letting this drop, I'm going to find the best way to get tobacco for UK smokers as this is taking the piss now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh, ahortator, perhaps a solution to people's infestation issues could be to grow a high nicotine plant in their grow room? Seeds are available on that lose leaf website.

Cuddles

Ah cuddles, the problem is it's not about "when selling". They're crafty, they word it as, once prepared for smoking. The second you take a pair of scissors to it, or I imagine, roll it up, you instantly owe £412 per kilo to customs. If they catch it coming through customs, they will instantly be drawn to you. A future that for obvious reasons, I'd rather avoid.
I'm leaning to piffs suggestion at the moment, a trip to Ireland for duty free. For some reason, I always think Europe or America when thinking duty free, when I'm only a hundred miles from Ireland, maybe not that far.
I heard back from the loose leaf place, nice chaps, but yeah UK customs can become troublesome. Still waiting to hear back from AE. (The ferry /duty free peeps piff put me onto.)
If I don't hear, I'll make enquiries elsewhere.
I'm not letting this drop, I'm going to find the best way to get tobacco for UK smokers as this is taking the piss now.
I was thinking more about growing it in your home country - maybe in the woods or whatever? But yeah, most people simply don´t have this option at all.
I can´t grow weed outdoors in the wild either. Heck, I´d propbably forget where I even planted it! :biglaugh:

Brexit keeps on gifting us all, doesn´t it? I can´t order stuff from Britain anymore - no seeds, no nothing. Shipping was always a little pricey but now it´s also import, customs, going to the tax office to collect it which also costs ... :( it just really sucks :(