What's new

Thoro's Electrical Safety Thread

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
nice to brush up on this information again, a nice thread you started thoro. I need to figure out a few more things about electricity and hope to learn some good information here.

just wondering as well.... where is your Butane hash making Safety thread? :muahaha: heh had to throw that in there :D

thanks for all the info and take it easy

Last edited:
D

DB2004

smurfin'herb said:
is a contactor the same as a flip/flop? if not, whats the difference?

Contactor is simply an on/off switch. A contactor switches power on/off to heavy loads with a 120V or other input voltages for the coil. A flip/flop uses Relays. Power is switched between to outputs NC and NO. There are common terminals and as power is applied or removed from the coil, the relay is either in the NC(normally closed) or NO(normally open). A contactor and relay are two different items. One switches power off and on and the other relays power between two devices.....

Best Regards

DB

alk_loid

hey cocktail frank maybe u could help me out with this one.

i want to run 400w hps.
200w other things. @ 240v.

and i want to install GFCI but i dont know how to choose them what amp is right and what mA ? :/

fumancu

Because there not the samething.Each does its own thing.If you hook the ground to the neutral.Its not grounded and like cutting the 3rd prong off all your equipment.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Maybe it is because I am a general contractor with a C-10 but this all seems like common sence to me. However, good looking out for the people that may not know.

G

bulldog get disclaimer...lol..that put a smile on my face as soon i read that...good shit!!!!! :headbange :headbange :headbange

Bulldog11

Veteran
Thank you Silverback, and may I say O MY GOD that looks like some cronic in your last post. What strain is that, NL #5?