What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

imiubu

there is a whole new school of thought on cholesterol and it is challenging the traditional views of good and bad cholesterol , ldl , hel , and triglycerides

and it has been proven academically that the studies that were used to set the current standards and interpretation of all thing’s cholesterol , was rigged , skewed the numbers , and frankly bovine feces

nutrition is a very complex topic and it hits PhD levels

i like to keep it simple

and that means get off of sugar , all sugar , and eat meat , a lot of meat

and lard and tallow for all my oil intake

i am not afraid of fat but I am afraid of sugar
Yep. The whole cholesterol debacle was a lie to
sell pharmaceuticals.

I've not eaten any sugary things in nearly 3 years now.
I have had some berries and an occasional apple.
But anything with refined sugars is a hard no.

Today was my nieces wedding brunch + moms day
celebration for her mother in law.
They had a chocolate mousse/ peanut butter/ graham cracker
crust pie. I had a very small sliver of it. It was sweet, too sweet
and lacked the flavor profile I had expected. Eww. I only ate
about half of it.
About 2 hours later after arriving home, I sat down and was
so very, very tired... I felt drugged. Took about 4 hrs to feel
'right' again. I just couldn't get any energy to move off
my spot on my porch.

Won't be doing that again.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I’m thinking of going that route but don’t know anyone that has yet to see what they think. Most I know went with the clear lens
FWIW, my wife got it done the more expensive route when she was still alive and she went from needing reading glasses to not needing reading glasses. Unfortunately she passed just a couple of years later and so I have no impression of how long the improvement lasted.

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I just made a eye appointment last week cuz my scrip is a bit.........behind the blind.
😆
Still can clearly remember walking outside the first time I wore glasses and seeing the world for the first time at 8.
😍
It’s funny that you bring that up. I wore glasses my entire entire life until I hit 48 when I got Lasix done and I still don’t wear glasses but I certainly need to get some. I’m going to see one of those eye doctors and then get myself a doctor that will prescribe me the lenses, because my reading is impossible if don’t have my cheaters… when I see the optometrist this coming month, I can guarantee he’s gonna give me a full-time glasses

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
With cataract lens replacement, the Ciliary muscles can no longer change the shape of the lens to focus, so one lens doesn't fit all unless it is a progressively ground lens replacing the bifocal or trifocal.

Very little of my time is spent driving these days, but I spend a lot of time reading and, on the computer, which I can easily do without glasses with my 105mm lens.

Note I now keep a headset and cheap magnifier glasses for ultra fine work. Something else I do very little of.
The shape of things to come...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
View attachment 19001521
How long does it take to get past the sentry?
It takes as long as it takes for me or another admin/moderator to see it and OK it - its something we have to do for all new members - so we don't get plagued with trolls and spammers on the forums - agitating the members with useless posts

- Some people are just not welcome on ICMAG - unless they understand and practice CIVIL DISCOURSE when communicating with other members on the forums - being civil with others does not include rude and profane invective - aimed at other members with whom you disagree with - during an argument or debate -

There is always room for humour though - but that can be tricky to disseminate in a post for some - who occasionally misconstrue it for insulting rudeness -

Last edited:

Goldhedge

It takes as long as it takes for me or another admin/moderator to see it and OK it - its something we have to do for all new members - so we don't get plagued with trolls and spammers on the forums - agitating the members with useless posts

- Some people are just not welcome on ICMAG - unless they understand and practice CIVIL DISCOURSE when communicating with other members on the forums - being civil with others does not include rude and profane invective - aimed at other members with whom you disagree with - during an argument or debate -
Thanks! Another question is how does one msg someone privately? Also, avatar... is there a post/time limit before being able to have one?

exoticrobotic

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 06.39.01.png

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have been reading what Unca Walt has been saying lately about caffeine/coffee/tea etc - and although I have had a lifetime of love ❤️ for coffee and tea -

- I realize that for the sake of my health and longevity its not a good idea to continue along the road to good robusta and arabica no more - which kinda makes me sad - because coffee is one of the things in life that I really adore 😢 - but if its gonna kill me - I'd best deny myself any more of it - and wean myself off it - since I have been diagnosed with ishemic heart disease recently - and have had to have surgery and a pacemaker to stop my heart ❤️ - from stopping ✋

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gorgeous day starting at 53F and predicted to reach 70F.

A nice Mother's Day brunch with three generations of mothers and a one-year-old female having a grand time and the center of attention.

Nicer yet when the grandson in law picked up the tab and wouldn't even let me tip.

Off to the gym this morning and then an empty calendar open to gainful projects as well as wanton debauchery. Whichever comes first.

Latest posts

Latest posts