What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew up on a farm. I got a pony when I was six years old and we became best of friends till I was too big to ride him. We had horses too which I road but Cocoa was my buddy and I would do tricks on him all the time.
View attachment 18998783
Dolly was my favorite of our horses. She was a paint and my pal that I rode all over the adjacent farmlands and river bottom with and without a saddle.

I lost my balance galloping along bareback once and was knocked unconscious. When I woke up she was nuzzling me and snorting.

We had a gorgeous 17 hands brood mare that was flat mean. She would walk up behind you and bite or wheel and kick with her back legs.

oldfogey8

I
View attachment 18998882 View attachment 18998884
Eat,walk,sleep grow more Bubba.
😆
He was up late being rowdy and is all tuckered out this morning I may be able to get something done..........maybe.
I took Zig for what I thought was going to be a half hour hike earlier. We got lost a bit in the woods and it wound up being a 2 hour cast iron hike. He met some other dogs on the trail. Most were friendly but one attacked him before the owner pulled the dog back. I was proud of him. He maneuvered out of harms way pretty well and didn’t bite back. He then immediately started playing with the other dogs in the pack. He doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in his body.
IMG_3327.jpeg

SubGirl

420club
Dolly was my favorite of our horses. She was a paint and my pal that I rode all over the adjacent farmlands and river bottom with and without a saddle.

I lost my balance galloping along bareback once and was knocked unconscious. When I woke up she was nuzzling me and snorting.

We had a gorgeous 17 hands brood mare that was flat mean. She would walk up behind you and bite or wheel and kick with her back legs.
Most of the horses around our place were wild. My grandaddy would get them somewhere all skinny and bones showing. They were wild not broke. He would fatten them up then my daddy would break them so you could put a saddle on them and ride them, then I would ride them till they were calm enough for any rider, then they were sold. I rode a lot of those crazy horses and could handle them pretty good back then. I haven’t been on a horse In 40-50 years I think.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Tha
I

I took Zig for what I thought was going to be a half hour hike earlier. We got lost a bit in the woods and it wound up being a 2 hour cast iron hike. He met some other dogs on the trail. Most were friendly but one attacked him before the owner pulled the dog back. I was proud of him. He maneuvered out of harms way pretty well and didn’t bite back. He then immediately started playing with the other dogs in the pack. He doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in his body. View attachment 18998954
That's fantastic cept for the lost part even though that's always exciting in itself.
😆
He looks like a good boy and you guys are made for each other.
😍

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most of the horses around our place were wild. My grandaddy would get them somewhere all skinny and bones showing. They were wild not broke. He would fatten them up then my daddy would break them so you could put a saddle on them and ride them, then I would ride them till they were calm enough for any rider, then they were sold. I rode a lot of those crazy horses and could handle them pretty good back then. I haven’t been on a horse In 40-50 years I think.
I rode some pretty wild horses and thought I was a good horseman, but the last horse I was on was around twenty years ago, after the owner asked me to ride her so that she was used to being ridden. She went wild the minute I swung into the saddle, and I bailed off the second time around the coral bucking and trying to drag me off against the fence.

I rolled under the fence and only ended up with a strawberry elbow and broken glasses, as opposed to broken bones and felt lucky.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I

I took Zig for what I thought was going to be a half hour hike earlier. We got lost a bit in the woods and it wound up being a 2 hour cast iron hike. He met some other dogs on the trail. Most were friendly but one attacked him before the owner pulled the dog back. I was proud of him. He maneuvered out of harms way pretty well and didn’t bite back. He then immediately started playing with the other dogs in the pack. He doesn’t seem to have a mean bone in his body. View attachment 18998954
keep your eyes on the cat

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well - let the mood swing back towards the positive - I say - accentuate the positive even eh? -

So I decided to go for a slow walk along the Thames - and leave the confines of St Thomas's hospital - feeling a tad claustrophobic - medically speaking - so got changed into my walking attire - and headed for the main door - and the South Bank of the Thames area - with lots going on in wonderful weather - not too hot and not too cold - comfortable in a light jacket and t-shirt - passed by The London Eye - this great big wheel with viewing gondolas on it - and passed by 3 bridges - ending up around The South Bank Centre - watching youngsters skate in a skate park and others playing the bongo drums 🥁 and assorted other percussive instruments - called the Mrs on Wassap - and chatted with her while I was down by the river as Uberboats went by - on the way back stopped for a truffle burger at some out door restaurant - which was delicious - 😋 - then headed back to Babylon -
i stayed right near there when i was in london,the st. ermine hotel,pretty swanky spot...for some reason they had a substantial AAA discount...like a 100 bucks a night which was a steal in london...not so much on my bar tab which was over 700 dollars for a night of single malt scotch

oldmaninbc

T
There are wild horses in the area where I live. I enjoy seeing them roaming the hillsides and fields, my wife does the driving and I do the gazing. They put up highway signs warning people to watch for them.

So it's a no to the rodeo, too bad.
I was seeing you in my mind standing on the back of a galloping horse rolling a joint. The crowd roaring with applause.:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
i stayed right near there when i was in london,the st. ermine hotel,pretty swanky spot...for some reason they had a substantial AAA discount...like a 100 bucks a night which was a steal in london...not so much on my bar tab which was over 700 dollars for a night of single malt scotch
Oww - unc - didn't know that you were partial to a wee dram or two - was a time when I had quite the urge for single malts - must have been a coupla decades or so back now - and Talisker was one I particularly liked - and Laphroig too (if my memory serves me right) -

SubGirl

420club
I rode some pretty wild horses and thought I was a good horseman, but the last horse I was on was around twenty years ago, after the owner asked me to ride her so that she was used to being ridden. She went wild the minute I swung into the saddle, and I bailed off the second time around the coral bucking and trying to drag me off against the fence.

I rolled under the fence and only ended up with a strawberry elbow and broken glasses, as opposed to broken bones and felt lucky.
Oh yeah, I remember getting rubbed up against the fence or under a tree trying anything to knock me off. Sometimes it worked but I always got back on.

SubGirl

420club
T

There are wild horses in the area where I live. I enjoy seeing them roaming the hillsides and fields, my wife does the driving and I do the gazing. They put up highway signs warning people to watch for them.

So it's a no to the rodeo, too bad.
I was seeing you in my mind standing on the back of a galloping horse rolling a joint. The crowd roaring with applause.:)
You r funny. Was I wearing a cute hat and rolling one handed like in the westerns?😁

Unca Walt

420club
The only horse I ever rode was Chigger. I was so young, all I remember was that he was a dirty white color, and he only walked with me on him -- never ran. We did not have a saddle.

jokerman

Premium user
In our younger year my sister had a big sleek Arabian gelding.
Yes. that horse was an asshole.
It knew she wasnt strong enough to control it and took advantage .
The little Italian farrier who came to shoe the horse didnt like the horses attitude either.
Oh, the cuss words that came out of his mouth when he was shoeing that horse would make your ears bleed.
I always enjoyed creative cursing.

Unca Walt

420club
Oww - unc - didn't know that you were partial to a wee dram or two - was a time when I had quite the urge for single malts - must have been a coupla decades or so back now - and Talisker was one I particularly liked - and Laphroig too (if my memory serves me right) -
Ahhh... Now we are getting somewhere. I cannot touch alcohol now. But my absolute fave of any kind at all was Glenfidditch 18. Cost me @ $150 a bottle.

No water, no nuffin but sippin'.