What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
As a pre-med student at Washington University in St. Louis, I had to take a difficult class in physics. One day our professor was discussing a particularly complicated concept. A student rudely interrupted to ask, "Why do we have to learn this stuff?" "To save lives." The professor responded quickly and continued the lecture. A few minutes later, the same student spoke up again. "So how does physics save lives?" he persisted. "It usually keeps the idiots like you out of medical school," replied the professor.

OleReynard

I once worked at a factory that produced elbow, knee and hip replacements of titanium and cobalt.
I was finish and QC and the precision required is nothing short of amazing.

I was astounded by abundance of different sizes and shapes of each lot of replacements.
Was a very cool job and I learned a lot there.
Worked with all men also which suites me fancy :D
I worked at a machine shop that made molds for the tooling they use for prostrate surgery

BrassNwood

Veteran
'In for a penny - in for a pound' - as my old Mum used to say - RIP 🙏 -

I've just had the medical team inform me of what my immediate future will be - here in St Thomas's Hospital - and as long as I follow their agenda - I could most probably be out of here - and snuggled up on my little sofa at home by mid-week - next week 😀 -

Of course - before mid week next week comes to the fore - there will be lots of prodding and pricking - cuffing and arm strangling - for blood pressure statistics - x-ray's - and blood letting - with also perhaps - another spell of back-stabb'in - blood/fluid draining - thrown into the mix - for good measure - probably another spell or even two of heart/lung ultrasounding ta boot - and then there could even be a 'wild card' event - that I'm unaware of - at this time -

- all the while I will be chasing enough pain meds thru the medium of several nurses - at all times of the day and night - to ensure that I'm not going to get into some wild and crazy tizzy - thru the dark doors of maximum pain -

- oh what wonderful mystery and bountiful adventure awaits me!

I reached a point after the reconstruction that I couldn't seem to get out. My surgeon was done and had cleared me but the admitting Doc wouldn't sign off and kept dicking around testing for this and that and another day sir.

I'd finally had enough when they wanted to do a "Test to Fail" for a rare condition that only affects males of Asian descent. We shoot fluid X into your heat and if it stops you've got XXXXX.

Hold on isn't there another kind of test? Well yes but genetic testing takes 2 weeks and more to get results. By then I'd called my surgeon asking him to intervene and get me free. He actually accused the admitting Doc of. "Needlessly irradiating this person"
Whats the age limit here? Do you have to be 1000 years old? Am i still stuck at the kiddie table?

Card table for them not drawing social security yet.
LMAO
Good morning old farts :)

Sir Elton at age 77 still has it.
This is not my favorite tune yet there is no denying (at least IMO) that
it is one of his greatest compositions.
Caused my eyes to puddle up a bit.

Probably my favorite :)

jokerman

Premium user
I reached a point after the reconstruction that I couldn't seem to get out. My surgeon was done and had cleared me but the admitting Doc wouldn't sign off and kept dicking around testing for this and that and another day sir.

I'd finally had enough when they wanted to do a "Test to Fail" for a rare condition that only affects males of Asian descent. We shoot fluid X into your heat and if it stops you've got XXXXX.

Hold on isn't there another kind of test? Well yes but genetic testing takes 2 weeks and more to get results. By then I'd called my surgeon asking him to intervene and get me free. He actually accused the admitting Doc of. "Needlessly irradiating this person"

Card table for them not drawing social security yet.
LMAO

Thats why we have friends..

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I thought I was alone...

yer never alone Bro , we always have Irene with us…

she is omnipresent , omnipotent , and omniscience

IMG_8779.jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to a fancy eating place tonight for supper. Tried the octopus which was awesome and I can’t believe it was so delicious and the whole red snapper Mr sub got looked amazing. I had the butterfly shrimp And key lime heaven too. Yum
View attachment 18993883 View attachment 18993884
That’s 20,000 leagues under the sea :oops: Did you manage to eat all of that?

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Good afternoon OFs. I hope you're all well today.

The kiddie table is a barrel of laughs this afternoon seeing as it's raining again, the pup is watching the Littlest Hobo and I'm one hitting it and making my face melt.

DSCF1147.JPG

Bob Brainen's radio show will be on in 10 mins, so I'll crack a beer and put my feet up till dinner time.

Enjoy your weekend folks/farts!

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Good afternoon OFs. I hope you're all well today.

The kiddie table is a barrel of laughs this afternoon seeing as it's raining again, the pup is watching the Littlest Hobo and I'm one hitting it and making my face melt.

View attachment 18994054

Bob Brainen's radio show will be on in 10 mins, so I'll crack a beer and put my feet up till dinner time.

Enjoy your weekend folks/farts!
That's a classic vape there.
That's the first one I ever shoved into a coil and saw the light.
😆

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

Latest posts

Latest posts