What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well - it is what it is - and managed to get a PM from Boo - who's OK - just fatigued - 😩 - as I am thinking that the day before my surgery - just over a week ago - I walked an easy 5 miles at 4mph - then did an hours weights training - at the gym - and today - I'm getting fatigued - just walking slowly down a short corridor - here in St Thomas's Hospital - oh boy - do I have some work to do when I finally get out of here - to re-build stamina -
Boo_.jpeg

OleReynard

I stretch every day. Problem is my L3 and L4 are bone to bone. Stretching actually makes it hurt more. I do stretch but carefully. I walk 4 or 5 times a week depending on weather and my schedule. I walked 3 miles at the lake today and just mowed the yard and the field out back.....

I do most everything I should to keep myself going at my age. Problem is.....I am as good as I am gonna get and with time I will never be this good again.

Fortunately I retired over 14 years ago and got to play a lot after I retired. At almost 74 I still get around pretty well.
Don't know how you mow with your lumbar like that, I can't do it but then I have L1 thru L5 herniated.
It hits my hips and will travel from 1 side to the other.
Chiro puts me on stretcher table and gives me some relief not for long thou.

Cutting grass, I have a landscaper come in now and cut it would take me a couple hours just to stand up straight after 2 hours of my back settling and shaken on the tractor.

OleReynard

View attachment 18992349
A mans gotta accept his limitations at some point in life.
Some funkberry full melt will make it alright for a bit.
😍
I'm having a rough time accepting my limitations.
Used to doing things myself and if I couldn't I'd figure out how.
Just doing the simplest things anymore and the slightest herky jerky will fuck me up.
Most things have to be planned when it comes to lifting stuff. You're talking to a guy who used to bench 300lbs 5 times.
I was the one everyone called if they needed a mountain moved.

I'm just a shell now of what I used to be my wrist is totally fucked from a drill taking it for a ride to wrist wrestling, it never recuperated it never came back to square after the surgery.
Shoulders making snapping noises from blowing my shoulder out in my early 30's, benchpressing showing off.
I could go on and on but it's depressing the fuck out of me.
If a disease don't get me a broken down body will.

SubGirl

420club
That menu certainly beats the stale 1/4 egg Mayonnaise sandwich - one banana 🍌 - half a liter of aging/unrefridgerated Greek Yogurt - 2 'easy-peeler' clementine's and 5 Rich Tea biscuits - I have in front of me - but hey 👋 - at least I have something to eat 😉
That really doesn’t sound too bad. Hospital food here in the states doesn’t have a good ring to it but it does provide healthy food no matter how bad to exist until we get home for the good stuff.

BubbasPlace

Wtf?

Wtf again..........it's not machined and tapped like the zeal?
I assumed if was from my conversation with him.
Yoj wanna sent it to me I will buy it and give it a go but @Sun&Soil has one maybe he can show us his.
I got it up and running, might have a bad PID. It's a little different that the zeal. Press 'set' the four digit places light up, I put in 460 (said it was preset to 530) but it keeps climbing so shut down as it breezed past 600. It is similar looking to one with zeal, but coil plugs in other side.

Am I missing a step? Will send them an email, want to make sure it's not operator error, like usual. No info on unit, so don't know if interchangeable with zeal PID. I attempted setting it like the other two units I have, no luck.

Parts are threaded, there is a tube shaped piece the beads go on, threaded on both ends. One end holds the perforated screw on cap, the other
End threaded for part that fits on the diffuser. You put (well, I put...) the screen between that piece and the threaded tube.

Not sure why it cost more than zeal, not nearly as heavy. On other hand, seems to heatup quicker that heavy zeal. Then there's the pieces that allow it to be used on things besides included diffuser.

Any PID tricks I need to know? Just not setting to temp, races right past to over 700.

OleReynard

Sounds like you have learned the life lessons that your soul needed this time around. I had a happy childhood but grew up in a very rural area surrounded by backward people. When I started smoking pot it completely isolated me from the community. I have had a few VERY close friends but I have been alone for most of my life because of the marijuana lifestyle that I have chosen. I would not change anything. I am living my PERFECT life. 😁🌈
Yep over 45 years of the nonsense

BubbasPlace

View attachment 18992440
@BubbasPlace

View attachment 18992441

The one attachment should fit over the top of the glass bowl that was included, or just inside of this wooden bowl style. That is why you leave the ring sitting roughly an 1/8" higher then flush when screwing it down.

I don't use the two injector style attachments because I don't own any of those types of bowls.

It took me a minute to figure it all out myself, but once I got it setup and in use it started to make sense.
How was pid setup? Mine isn't taking the setting, just keeps climbing. My device looks nothing like that, no wood piece, not idea what that heat sink looking thing is!

Latest posts

Latest posts