What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The monsters of the rdwc

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys. I watched a video buy green house seeds and they were flowering her out at ph 5.5 the whole way. I thought that was kinda weird myself so Im trying that right now I usually let it drift 5.5 to 6.2 but my system has so much water it dont really drift. I'll get her figured out if not next run the church will be in a hempy bucket grown in shrub style.

MASHUP

But you're not flowering yet, right? Also, given all the problems with meters and calibration solutions you should double check your numbers if possible. Even a paper test strip kit gives you some peace of mind.

The purple stems should disappear once the nutrient and water intake are optimal. If the leaves aren't wavy or with burnt tips then it's most likely safe to bump the nutes up. If the fans get a little wavy or show burns on the tips then a little dilution is probably in order.

Either way I bet you'll have it figured out shortly and have us drooling over those artistically positioned buds. :woohoo:

BigGreen

Veteran
What up mash. My meters are always dialed in I have 2 oakton ph and 2 oakton ppm and I only use oakton 1050 calibration and I do it once a week. I just think they got a little stressed from me putting the screen down so low and I squished the shit out of them. I'll find that sweet spot soon its just hard because Im not there everyday. Im tryin to lower the nutes I have a little curl going on. Oh ya I'll have a little taste of the frostitute in a 24 site ebb & grow buckets veggin in a top feed system a little later.

BigGreen

Veteran
Well I havent made it over yet but heres a sneak peak at 23 frostitute in a top feed veggin. under 2 400 watt mh hortilux on a light rail in a 3x6 tray they've been in there for 2 days.

Well I havent made it over yet but heres a sneak peak at 23 frostitute in a top feed veggin. under 2 400 watt mh hortilux on a light rail in a 3x6 tray they've been in there for 2 days.

haha dude you're a redbull fan?? i never understood why my good friend loved that stuff.. do you rotate your plants?? you seem to have a room for seedlings veg and flower. i was planning on doing something like this when i have more room. as far as my plants go they are thriving.. ill update you with some pics today probably.

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll be able to throw them under the 3k in xxxl hoods in about 2 weeks. The poor little whores are in tap water right now just got the RO yesterday Im hookin it up monday.
weatherbox: This is a different system than the rdwc room. I have the veg room you seen in the pic then theres a bloom room with 3k 24 site ebb & grow. The bloom room is still under constuction. I might start a thread or I might just confuse people with little blurps on this thread.

BigGreen

Veteran
Ok so I have the problem solved. I ve had the ph at 5.5 for the last couple days and its been slowly going down. Today it was at 5.1. The problem was a little root rot left over from the high temps in the rez but most of its about gone gonna add some hygrozime tomorrow to break down anything left. The girls are back at the top of there game again I dont think I'll be flippin in a week but I might be in 2 weeks. These bitches are bushy if anybody tells you ya cant veg with hps there wrong I have tops on tops on tops I kinda would like them to stretch a little more to fill the screen oh well looks like I'll be fine take a look. Check out the hempys, 2 of them are bubble jack the other 2 are wonder women from nirvana.

BOOYA

hazy

Veteran
Nice one BG. Looks like you're gonna get that screen filled. The ones in the hempys are looking pretty good too.

BigGreen

Veteran
Thanks mash & hazy. I think the church would do great with out the screen buy the way shes bushin up. I have well over 40 tops on the big one. Im going for at least 1lb off the hempys Im gonna veg em until there about 2 ft wide each hopefully its at the same time the screen fills in I dont see a problem with it they only been in the buckets 8 days.

alphaguru

BIGGREEN

looking good

cant wait to see how your room fills out.
you will def hit a p per hempy bucket if you veg them that wide

fresh

L-Immortal

Big Green looking awesome my man, i see you went out of your way to seal the hoods. Might we see some C02 in the near future??

L-Immortal

Ok so I have the problem solved. I ve had the ph at 5.5 for the last couple days and its been slowly going down. Today it was at 5.1. The problem was a little root rot left over from the high temps in the rez but most of its about gone gonna add some hygrozime tomorrow to break down anything left. The girls are back at the top of there game again I dont think I'll be flippin in a week but I might be in 2 weeks. These bitches are bushy if anybody tells you ya cant veg with hps there wrong I have tops on tops on tops I kinda would like them to stretch a little more to fill the screen oh well looks like I'll be fine take a look. Check out the hempys, 2 of them are bubble jack the other 2 are wonder women from nirvana.

BOOYA

hay big g what environmental controller do you have controlling those inline fans, lights etc...?

BigGreen

Veteran
What s up guys. L Immortal na man no co2 I had a tank and regulator and I just sold it. I sealed the shit out of them hoods because they were so leaky I cant have no stinky smell going out the exhaust. Im just running my inline fan constantly for smell and it cools the hoods at the same time. My a/c runs on its own thermostat I have to set it at 73 and the coolest I can get the room is 82f canopy temp the filter sucks out a lot of the cool air. Theres room for improvement but it'll work fine for now. I try to buy new toys every crop this last one got me another 1k hps and a chiller.
Thanks guys these bitches are ready to go nuts

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
nice bigGreen i think my next purchase is going to be a water chiller. what are the advantages of having one. i know you can prevent root rot. but does the cold water make them grow any better.

BigGreen

Veteran
Hey Ganja whats up. Ya no rot and it holds more DO between 65 f - 70 f. My plans would be dead right now if I didnt get the chiller its a must for dwc they grow faster because there healthier and theres more oxygen in the water.

BigGreen - sorry to hear about the rot man. That ruined a few crops for me last summer. (This year I'm trying soil during summer, and will go back to hydro during fall).

This fall I want to build a SOG grow using RDWC or Ebb-n-flow. Which system type do you think is easier to setup/maintain? I have a plumbing background, but at the same time I aint a professional lol. Also, did you get rot with both systems or just the RDWC? It would be nice to have a system to grow year round, but I can't afford a chiller :rasta:

Keep growin~

Latest posts

Latest posts