What's new

The Compound...

swapmeet

Perfect examples of how no 2 cuts root the same even in the same fast hydro surroundings , in the same time frame , or most definitely with the same growth structure......and see.....this is somethin else I failed to list , some cuts will turn out to be "self-branching" and not grow single cola style as youngsters like most do , so again all the more reason to take multiple cuts more than needed to put the best of the best to work and cull the puny lot.....

Not that self branching cuts can`t be beneficial , if you have enough room to eventually run bushes and well versed at cleaning out the innards cuz these type cuts usually shoot sucker branches everywhere that end up detrimental to the end colas and most turn into golfball sized nugs without colas stacking.....anyways.....Keep strokin Bro......and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: ,......

Yeah, that is very true, my bro....very true. I am going to need to have so many rooted clones to feed this beast, that I will regularly need to take 200-300 every two weeks in order to fill a new quad (100 plants) every two weeks.
I figure 10 days to root, which gives me an extra 4 days to veg, so 18 to veg, then prune/root suckers, and flower...

I will either need to build a couple more aero cloners, or root a number of them straight to coco... I bought 100 coco jiffy pellets that I have read about some people having excellent results cloning in. I am going to give them a try and see if I can get roots within that 10 day window as well... If I can, perhaps I will run 100 each way and see what kind of consistency I get... out here, the pellets are 12 cents each.... and I can cut the netting and transplant them right into the 20oz cups, coco-coco... also, they can theoretically start vegging in the pellets and stacking nodes...

Only time and trial will tell... I do not mind building more aero cloners, as they cost me about $45 each to build 101 sites...

swapmeet

Those that have rooted expansively were transplanted into coco cups to start stacking nodes...

When it comes to which ones go into flower for the next wave, it will be all those that I think are ready to produce at least an oz...

The rest will veg for two more weeks, and hopefully, I can get two or three good sized cuts from each clone as they get pruned for flower... Hence, the beast will be fed...

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro....You`ll never know what size ANY plant needs ta be at before pullin the trigger without runnin them bitches at different intervals of preveg TILL you hit that magic number of yield per plant needs.....on top of.....this shit`s even more pre-disposed to genetics with small plants than with biguns , and why ?.....I just finished some ChemBerry`s before the holidays and just took em outta the freezer when we got back down to the beach after bein dried then straight to freezer , and.....

The very first 1 was so damn heavy for 16" long and only 2 lil `ol bottom laterals I forgot about or would've snipped em after stretch but laziness and old age took over …..so.....got the lil digital jewelry scale of my GF`s out cuz she buys and sells the shit as a hobby , and the dmn cola weighed 46 gms with the 2 lil limbs and 42 without , so again.....only wayta know what`s up is ta run them bitches ya know ?....

For comparison , I saw 1 of Icky`s colas finished the other day cuz we were talkin bout how much water content is actually in wet to dry nugs , and I`m not sure how long it was , but the damn thing weighed 43 grms dried and it was a lot shorter than my Chemberry`s or sure looked to be , so as stated above.....all genetics.....that said.....

My Chem D`s only did 40-45 gms on the avg in my rack rooms and they were 30-32" outta container , so again this shit is all relative right ?.... anyways.....root them bitches....run them bitches.....keep the best and cull the rest.....and lastly.....don`t let the babies sit in runoff cuz they`ll suck it back up and fuck with EC and PH.....

I told a buncha folks this a looooong time ago , and not sure it ever sunk in or caught on , but forever and a day I used what `s called "egg crate" plastic grid covers for fluorescent fixtures I think the contractor term is for 2 x 4 "troffers"....it usedta be the standard for commercial buildings before the solid clearish/opaque covers were made later on....regardless....anything to get em up off the floor so drainage can occur constantly from each feed sequence , cuz again the cups or any containers will suck back up the runoff and fuck with EC guaranteed…..aight.....lookin good my buddy.....

Holler....DHF.....:ying: …...

swapmeet

Hey Bro....You`ll never know what size ANY plant needs ta be at before pullin the trigger without runnin them bitches at different intervals of preveg TILL you hit that magic number of yield per plant needs.....on top of.....this shit`s even more pre-disposed to genetics with small plants than with biguns , and why ?.....I just finished some ChemBerry`s before the holidays and just took em outta the freezer when we got back down to the beach after bein dried then straight to freezer , and.....

You're right. I was just really looking for a ball park starting point since I have always shot for as many oz/plant as possible... Like you've laid out....a 4 oz plant can come in all shapes and sizes and that is certainly strain dependent. I agree that it will take runs to dial in a good starting point. I will see what they look like in a couple weeks and go from there...

I told a buncha folks this a looooong time ago , and not sure it ever sunk in or caught on , but forever and a day I used what `s called "egg crate" plastic grid covers for fluorescent fixtures I think the contractor term is for 2 x 4 "troffers"....it usedta be the standard for commercial buildings before the solid clearish/opaque covers were made later on....regardless....anything to get em up off the floor so drainage can occur constantly from each feed sequence , cuz again the cups or any containers will suck back up the runoff and fuck with EC guaranteed…..aight.....lookin good my buddy.....

Holler....DHF.....:ying: …...

That is a really good idea. I hope I can find some of that out here. The two online shopping hubs don't carry it...but I thought I saw some in a big home store...I will check it out. I do need to get them off the ground a bit for sure. Thanks for the advice, as usual.

Beaucephus

I use the grate like plastic shelving from home depot to cover my floor that has pond liner running 6” up walls. I only have 2 small rooms though n caught em on sale, might be costly for u.

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
I use the grate like plastic shelving from home depot to cover my floor that has pond liner running 6” up walls. I only have 2 small rooms though n caught em on sale, might be costly for u.
Anything that allows proper drainage and airflow underneath is paramount in dialage runnin coco cuz the shit wicks like a sponge , on top of retaining high ppm runoff juice while doing so that if not addressed will cause residual salt deposit buildup guaranteed with lockouts and imbalances right behind.......regardless and also.....

Not sure what the floors are made of , but with my growin in basements taught me how much plants need ta be up off da floor . cuz concrete`s a heat sink that drains rootmass warmth , especially in colder months.....btw...…

Welcome Beaucephus……..Got a pic or link to the HD product ?.....can you walk on it ?.....anyways.....Keep strokin Swap.....

Peace.....DHF...….:ying: …….

Beaucephus

I’m not to good with this modern technology fred sorry. You do need to look for ones that have plenty of contact on floor or they will break when walked on... trial n error taught me that...during winter i pump or vac out excess juice every 10 days or so ... summer usually it evaporates off.

swapmeet

Anything that allows proper drainage and airflow underneath is paramount in dialage runnin coco cuz the shit wicks like a sponge , on top of retaining high ppm runoff juice while doing so that if not addressed will cause residual salt deposit buildup guaranteed with lockouts and imbalances right behind.......regardless and also.....

Not sure what the floors are made of , but with my growin in basements taught me how much plants need ta be up off da floor . cuz concrete`s a heat sink that drains rootmass warmth , especially in colder months.....btw...…

Welcome Beaucephus……..Got a pic or link to the HD product ?.....can you walk on it ?.....anyways.....Keep strokin Swap.....

Peace.....DHF...….:ying: …….

Maybe that is why I have had some PH looking problems with some plants in the coco so far... I have been trying to figure it out. They are ceramic tiles, so a litle better than straight concrete, but not much. The runoff does evaporate off by the next day, but can still leech back in for that day too....

I will try to find something to get them up and air underneath. Thanks fellas.

swapmeet

Well... Interesting things going on... The cup plants are looking overwatered at every other day so I am going to let them dry out a little more before watering them again....

I will be transplanting the rest of the clones from the cloner today, with very strong roots, as we talked about before. This is day 11 of rooting:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you can not find the troffers DHF was talking about you can make something easly. Just use PVC pipe fittings made into a square. I Used 3/4" fittings when I made mine. Then take a piece of fence and zip tie that to the top. and you have a plant lifter. Sometimes I had to add a piece of pipe in the center on larger plants. So it looked like a squarish eight.

swapmeet

If you can not find the troffers DHF was talking about you can make something easly. Just use PVC pipe fittings made into a square. I Used 3/4" fittings when I made mine. Then take a piece of fence and zip tie that to the top. and you have a plant lifter. Sometimes I had to add a piece of pipe in the center on larger plants. So it looked like a squarish eight.

That is an excellent idea Icky, thank you! I have easy access to those supplies... I will build it today.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That is an excellent idea Icky, thank you! I have easy access to those supplies... I will build it today.

Sure no problem. Sometimes the solution is real simple and easily over looked. That is what I like about this site. SO many people with different views and solutions.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
ichy blasting some killer ideas around...and DHF always on point...shits looking proper Swappy...just wanted to chime in about the rooting times of clonez...there quite the pesky boogers...heres 5each..same night,same style/method of cloneing..within the same hours of time....

5 grape stompers..pokeing out all over...
5 gg4...not a single poke out of any root yet... Aye aye aye...

picture.php

swapmeet

ichy blasting some killer ideas around...and DHF always on point...shits looking proper Swappy...just wanted to chime in about the rooting times of clonez...there quite the pesky boogers...heres 5each..same night,same style/method of cloneing..within the same hours of time....

5 grape stompers..pokeing out all over...
5 gg4...not a single poke out of any root yet... Aye aye aye...

View Image

You know BWS, it is a funny thing.... my jiffy pellets just came in a couple days ago...and they look way bigger in the picture lol... I thought that they were 5 times the size of rapid rooter plugs based on the pictures... but in reality they are the same size if not a bit smaller....pictures can be deceptive lol...

do you cut the fabric upon transplant?

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
You know BWS, it is a funny thing.... my jiffy pellets just came in a couple days ago...and they look way bigger in the picture lol... I thought that they were 5 times the size of rapid rooter plugs based on the pictures... but in reality they are the same size if not a bit smaller....pictures can be deceptive lol...

do you cut the fabric upon transplant?

hmmmmm never really thought of that....wonder if that does or makes a difference....but ive never cut the fabric...just throw them right into my soil,into there first container for a while....i love the pellets for cloneing....

swapmeet

hmmmmm never really thought of that....wonder if that does or makes a difference....but ive never cut the fabric...just throw them right into my soil,into there first container for a while....i love the pellets for cloneing....

This is what I was thinking of doing as well... another site suggested that this hinders root development... That there is some proof that those without fabric cut or removed have significantly larger root balls...

swapmeet

Here is wave two, freshly transplanted and ready to rock. My lifter screen ought to be up and running tomorrow. At least a major part of the problem is drainage from sitting on the floor on the drainage holes... there was water coming out the bottom of every one just about in the first 35. I transplanted the rest of the aero cloner except for 7 that did not have roots yet. I recut them and placed them in some jiffy pellets.... Some of the clones are looking very well, and others are looking rough. The good news is that there are 84 of them, and that almost fills a quad... So if I average pruning 2 lower branches from each before putting them into flower, I will have 168 clones for the next run... and I'll keep the best hundred of those for the next wave...

On another note, the room where the vegging moms are filling back in got rather warm yesterday afternoon, so I added an oscillating fan in the corner. today there is some yellowing on a couple of the plants... any ideas about it?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Check for root rot on the moms. Smell the pot or pull the pot off and look. If it is root rot you will smell it. Also check for bugs on the roots while you have the pot off.

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro......As I`ve always said......Many ways ta skin a mule.....glad yas figured out with Icky`s help howta get yo plants up off the floor for proper drainage every feed sequence....oh.....btw......I never trusted them lil jiffy pellets with the mesh even though I tried em…...supposedly they bio-degrade , but guaranteed the ones I used constricted my rootballs and stunted that set of plants.....maybe mine`s an isolated incident , but I wouldn`t trust em…….now.....

Check to see if that perlite beneath the overflow hole on your hempy`s hasn`t turned into a solid puck , but hopefully they`re just heat stressed and will bounce back but that`s pretty faded and borderline ph issues if I hadta diagnose......but wtf do I know.....anyways.....

Good luck and...…

Peace ….DHF..... :ying: …….

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Bro......As I`ve always said......Many ways ta skin a mule.....glad yas figured out with Icky`s help howta get yo plants up off the floor for proper drainage every feed sequence....oh.....btw......I never trusted them lil jiffy pellets with the mesh even though I tried em…...supposedly they bio-degrade , but guaranteed the ones I used constricted my rootballs and stunted that set of plants.....maybe mine`s an isolated incident , but I wouldn`t trust em…….now.....

Check to see if that perlite beneath the overflow hole on your hempy`s hasn`t turned into a solid puck , but hopefully they`re just heat stressed and will bounce back but that`s pretty faded and borderline ph issues if I hadta diagnose......but wtf do I know.....anyways.....

Good luck and...…

Peace ….DHF..... :ying: …….
I am figuring that with the heat and sitting in water that the perched water went stagnant and may have caused root rot. Hopefully not. But it is easy to check.

Getting them off the floor so drainage is returned and watering less often will take care of this if the roots are not to far gone should it be root rot.