What's new

The Birth of Rubbish

JoJo420 v2

Today RUBBISH is recognized.
A new star in a world of mediocre cannabis trash. Welcome to the thread.

To be totally honest I bought this on the side of the road from a local gal in a pop-up with a sign that screamed Cannabis Seeds and Noveltie Seeds.
Had pics showing attractive 3-4 foot plants in greenhouses tended by cute women with garden tools and straw hats
How could I go wrong I thought.
However...
My BS meter was pinging Total BS hard. My gut screamed RUN AWAY!
I stopped by none the less. I had to see this.

$25 for 12 sprouted seedlings.
$45 for 25 regs unsprouted

I was skeptical at first thought, then second thought and then third thought of course but hey its only 20 bucks , what could go wrong? right..

Then she said " just for you I can do 12 for $20
SOLD!

Well let me tell ya .
The breeder used fancy words like ACCLIMATIZED and STABILIZED
Man she had me there.
Then the hook .. HOMOGENEOUS
I was thinking Jackpot!!! This year will be the year of all years ..little did I know.

I bought um not even knowing the genetic background... I had dreams of world domination and endless #'s of dank bud.
I too would have attractive females tending my gardens and cannabis heaven awaits
She made it sound like the second coming of cannabis Jesus. Hallelujah!
I was secretly doing inner backflips

Then she showed me the genetic list of parents in the Acclimatized , Stabilised and Homogenous wonder seeds. And Wait for it...
It was a TRI HYBRID.
Gasp! Choke. Wimper...I was the proud new owner of:

Wedding Cake x Maui Skunkdawg x White Rino

My hopes sunk like the titanic after hearing this.

A tri-hybrid, with two strains I have already run and failed in my system of checks n balances.
Wedding cake failed to make it to round two the first time because I found it to be good not great and it molded . I grew the clone only and two cake crosses. Its good weed no doubt
I just found it average , not spectactular and decided then and there no more expensive cake crosses.
I was willing to make an exception now though

White Rino just never had the it factor I was looking for plus they stay small and molded easily. FAIL !
I gave it three rounds to prove me wrong and at the end I let it go. Was potent as hell just not my cup of tea. I was honestly disapointed, I wanted it to work . Oh well

Now that Maui Skundawg, that stuff is straight fire.
love me some skunkdawg.
I figured 1 out 3 ain't bad.
Give it a shot, it's only $20 and the sign said guaranteed or your money back.
How could this go wrong?

I had already paid for the seeds , so I smiled and left quickly with lowered head and dissapointed feelings.
It was a long ride home , dreaming of cannabis cups lost and dreams dashed and what could have been if this was anything other than what it is.
But dammit I was convinced I could do it. I can make this work , I can ...

Fast forward to week 1 of veg
I had 12 seedlings
Some showing purple leaves from the start
Some showing long serrated green leaves
Some short fat green leaves with purple stems
Some regular looking green leaves with green stems.
Others showing long green leaves with purple stems
I knew I was in trouble...
HOMOGENEOUS MY AZZ...

Fast forward to week 3
1 short green with fat leaves
1 tall green with fat leaves
1 short purple leaves with green stems
1 tall purple leaves with purple stems
2 short stumpy green stems with purple leaves
2 tall green leaves with purplish stems
4 just green with green leaves medium hight

Soo I selected the best looking long serrated green leaf female out of 8 with long green leaves and purplish streaks on the stems
I then selected the best looking green stem male that were about 6-8 " tall at flowering while the rest were 2-5 " at most and decided to make seeds.Otherwise it seemed a total waste of $20

I was officially breeding as defined by Webster dictionary :)
I actually made selections from multiple phenotypes and selected homogenous parents that looked and smelled identicle Except the female had those purple streaks on her stems. I selectivly pollinated the chosen mother with a paintbrush and even let the male go full term sitting right beside her. Happily married and expecting
No pollen chucking here folks ,lol

The resulting cross resulted in only 5 seeds
HOWEVER
I was now a successful RUBBISH breeder

Now to be fair the female did smell incredible, like a wedding cake widow with skunky funky fruit and gas, straight fire and did not mold in late December to February grown outside in Puna Hawaii.
It rained at least twice every week in January and every single day in February.
It set records with rainfall totals for feburary on the east side Big Island.
Wet was an understatement
The chosen mother plant finished at 10 inches...15 inches including the pot.
It had 3 internodes with a grand total of 6 side buds plus the head.
It equaled about 1.5 grams.
I was ecstatic to say the least. It actually made it, and finished with no mold and completely mature seeds , the calyxs were tinged pinkish purple and absolutely loaded with frost. Small buds but serious quality.
I almost could not believe it, RUBBISH was a winner!

After 6.5 weeks of flowering I was the proud owner of 5 new RUBBISH seeds ,5 total...
Total RUBBISH, but hey it was something
My $20 was not to be wasted
Or was it ?
Only time will tell.

I smoked a bowl of the de seeded bud and was pleasantly shocked, in fact utterly stunned.
It was absolutely delicious, and the high was otherwordly. I was speechless, and completely and utterly stoned to the bone, laughing at anything and everything, red eyed with cotton mouth. It literally was epic
I was in love with RUBBISH.
And a star is born I thought, this RUBBISH is stash not trash.
I can do this! , it is possible for world domination , well at least in my world
I decided not to eat the 5 seeds and promised myself I'm gonna give RUBBISH her due .
Victory! The sweet smell of sucess.

On the ride home on the bus today with worm castings, seedling mix and 5 brand new 6" pots the thought occurred to me that the name of this new experiment will be known as RUBBISH Its that simple.
It was always RUBBISH, will always be RUBBISH. But dammit it was my RUBBISH and I loved her. I could not be prouder
I always said , "God damn what rubbish" every time I looked at the original 12 seedlings and today the name stuck.
RUBBISH it is.
That's my story and I am sticking to it

I am using black gold seed starter mix with worm castings as my starter base.
Sprouted in recycled face masks I was forced to wear at the doctors office today and reused for a higher purpose for RUBBISH
Using rain water for H2O
Pics to follow
Come along and join the fun as we grow RUBBISH from start to finish in 2023
We gonna turn trash into stash!

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Super cool story and thanks for sharing friend. Post a photo so we can see what you are talking about. You got me interested.

JoJo420 v2

Today is the day of all days , it's P-Day
Plant day for seeds.
After looking through the 5 seeds this morning I saw a defective seed and decided that it had to go. The seed was somewhat immature and popped into air easily
1 down 4 ta go .
Here is the two ways I decided to germinate with
Pic 1- I recycled the face mask given to me at the doctors office yesterday.
It seemed like a perfect little pocket that will hold water and air and keep the seeds evenly moist.
Pic 2- Standard 4 cell blow mold plastic planter for seedlings.
The two black zip ties are to designate a seed has filled the planter square and the corresponding color zip tie will be attached to RUBBISH forever.
From now on skinny black zip ties on plant stalks will only designate RUBBISH seedlings.
The color will follow the plants from birth till trimming is finished
The two cells without zip ties designate an open space that seeds may be planted in and are currently empty.

I used a mixture of Black Gold Seedling Mix and Earthworm castings to fill the cells.
Mostly Seedling mix with a pinch of Earthworm castings will do.
Watered in gently by hand with rain water that has been filtered by standard filters and a UV unit.
Not sure of exact PH , but our rainwater is usually 5.1- 5.3 or so right out the tank .
This is not an exact measurement just after years of using and measuring rain water its a pretty honest assessment .

No nutrients needed at this point.

This is the first time I have used a N95 face mask to sprout seeds and fingers crossed it will work. No guarantees.

Now to simply keep the two seed units moist and in a steady environment until we see some action .
Should take a couple 3-5 days in most cases sometimes faster ,sometimes slower.
Dint be discouraged if it takes longer, some seeds are stubborn and just need time.
I literally am only guessing at the timing since this will be the first experience with uncracked RUBBISH.
The original 12 came pre cracked in paper towels and in a ziplock baggie.

It's the steady moisture content and temperature that is key to fast succesful germination. Dont let them dry out whatever you do while at rhe same time not overwatering and soaking them till they turn black.
I have noticed an overall lack of succesful germination happens when the seeds turn dark black . More seeds tend to rot to mush and fail to germinate.
It's been warm during the days and nights have been pleasant, so I got high hopes for this RUBBISH seed cracking sequence.

Attachments

• 20230506_080034.jpg
    20230506_080034.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 20230506_081120.jpg
    20230506_081120.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230506_075758.jpg
    20230506_075758.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230506_075851.jpg
    20230506_075851.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

ctg

Veteran
Haven’t seen her by the road anywhere in couple months at least.
I stopped and talked with her one day. She told me uncle was the breeder. Don’t know if the county shut her down or she ran out of seedstock. Was good to see seed sales out in public. Fairly bold though

Latest posts

Latest posts