What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Cheap Mass Cloner

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Grat3fulH3ad - I want to add my thanks as well - looks like a great design - thanks for takin the time to post it! :friends: :joint:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I'm lovin it. Efficent and Simple.

You've inspired me to post a walkthru on my Aero-Cloner.... Now if i can ever get my camera to work (i hope its just the rechargable batteries goin out...)

thanks for the thread Grat3!

takecare,

daltron

thanks

thanks

Hey just a short note of thanks......I've been trying to clone for over a year now with very poor success rate......followed your directions...yep simple to build and use......planted 12 cuttings and 9 days later I had 12 rooted clones......thank-you very much...... :woohoo: daltron

G

H3ad,
I dont know why I've waited so long,but I got some stuff that I just cant clone,gonna throw this most awesome cloner together tonite and stop the madness!!!!Thanks for an o so easy solution to an age old problem!!!

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Well I was considering making a bubble cloner but why bother. you nailed it grateful and for just 10 bucks!!! :respect:

G

No powders or gels, because, they shorten the life of my pearlite... giving rise to nasties growing about in my medium...

For hard to clone strains, I presoak for 4 to 6 hours in a very dilute NAA solution... (NAA = NapthaleneAcetic Acid), but my source for NAA has dissapeared, so I have to find another... The NAA I have is a .0200% solution and I farther dilute it with water at about 30:1...

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Hi Grat3fulh3ad, just wanted to let you know I built your cloner. 10 bucks 15 minutes . I dropped a couple of troublesome cuttings that were in gro plugs for about a week with no result. two and a half days in perlite and they had feet. This is the cheapest most efficient and easy to use cloning system that I have come across. Grat3fulh3ad you ROCK! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. :respect: peace. D.L.

Zoroaster

I use a similiar setup, but I just use the the cloning trays with the humidity dome, except I don't use the dome. I fill the tray with perlite and about 1/2 gallon of water, and then I can fill this tray with up to 70 cuttings. I don't really worry too much about overfilling the tray, because in a way it is similiar to straight water cloning, plus I only water it about once a week, so as the perlite dries out, there is plenty of air to get in there to stimulate root growing. I switched to this from aero/bubble cloning and like it a lot better, because it is quieter, less maintenance/time, and the results are just as good. I use cloning agents as I find the top layer of perlite gets algae growing after a month or so anyway, so I just use new perlite every run, while recycling the old back into recycled soil.

dc105

ICMag Donor
what about your nutes? I cloned GodBud, your DieselGum and Blue Thai. 14/14 100% in standard jiffy plugs in the ole garage. Temps got down in the lower 40's, but in 15 days all had rooted and are doing fine. I did use a low strength of nutes though.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
I am using this system for clones now. I have used olivias gel and been successful same with no nutes or gels or powders ive put cuts into rockwool then into perlite with excellent results . I use one 30 watt flouro tube and a heating pad under the resevoir. no humidity dome tap water once a week or so . now instead of hoping my clones catch feet, I find I'm spending more time transplanting. All the best to U Grat3fulh3ad . Peace.D.L. :joint:

ps. love the new avi G.H.!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts