What's new

sTaTiC's First Grow: Take 2 : Blue Cheese

S

statictattoo

Ok guys, here I go again :jump:

I have 10 fem Blue Cheese in cubes, this time i made sure to soak the cubes in a 5.5 solition, as well i let the tap roots get 1/4" before transplanting them into the cubes.

For lights at the moment Im using three 26 watt blue spec CFL's, as well as a 45 watt warm white CFL. I also have a 255 Blue LED panel, which uses 16 watts

I germed the seeds Thursday night again i got a 100% germ rate and as of right now 7 have popped out of the cubes, 2 are in the process of popping out and one is still not showing signs..

Heres a shot of my current set up :joint:

Last edited:
S

statictattoo

Day 3 of seedling growth

Day 3 of seedling growth

I came home today to find roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes!!! :jump:

This is something that did not happen in my last grow :badday:

But all is well, is the land of blue cheese

Heres my biggest one so far, about 32mm's

S

statictattoo

Thanks for the kind words Wishbone420 and nipplecrippler :)

cjk: no my friend, it is a home box L, I plan on getting a clonebox too :)

S

statictattoo

Week 1

Week 1

Week 1 things are going good... more roots are showing out of most cubes... a few of them are starting to turn pale green and slight yellowing on the edges.. I'm thinking this is just lack of nutes.. as ive only been giving them ph'd tap water..

Heres some pics
Wekk 1 Group Shot

This Seedling was the first the start showing the yellowing around the edges.. now it seems to be crispy on its tip.. i have not given this plant any nutes...

Ohh and check out my new bubbler guys

Pretty damn sweet :joint:

S

statictattoo

Week 2

Week 2

Well its week 2.. and they are still alive!!! lol

They are looking really good today, a darker green then i have seen them.. makes me happy :rasta:

I think next time i germ seeds i'm going to add some nutes to the rockwool soak..
Over the last few days these's girls have gotten 1/2 strength nutes.. and in the last feeding i added in 30mls of 3% h202.. they went from pale to dark green so I must have done something right, also the last feeding the Ph was at 5.3

Group Shot

A couple that are ahead of the pack

Heres the one that was showing the first signs of nute dep. with the yellowing around the edges... seems to being just fine now

This one is showing some weird growing.. shes probably gonna get pulled if she doesn't smarten up

S

statictattoo

Day 16

Day 16

Heh Thanks inpotitrust, greenmonster714 and VLCMSTN13 :joint:

Moved the ladies to under the big light today, crawled around in my attic and installed my 6" inline duct fan... its kinda cool, its keeping my whole house cool.. the tent looks kinda funny though.. all sucked in lol

Group Shot Day 16

They will be going into a ebb & flo table on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hahaha check this out, I bought this led head lamp for crawling around in the attic.. i put it on my cat Phatty... he was scared of it.. lol walked around backwerds

Its the Spidey signal!!!

Last edited:
S

statictattoo

Week 4

Week 4

Well its Week 4 and things are going ok... Im not going to freak out.. but my plants are showing signs of bad things.. they have lil red spots all over the lower leaves.. i think this may be because I mixed in a part of flora shield into a feeding when i was just sposta soak the roots in it.. cause thats when i noticed these red spots...

On another front i spent the last two days setting up my ebb and flow table.. the pump i bought WAY to powerful lol so i like cut a few holes in the intake line and now i figure its airrating my res pretty good

I mixed up some more nutes in some tap today cause i just order a ro filter and its not gonna be here for a few days...

I mixed a 0-4-8 GH and then added 10 drops of super thrive to 90 liters and ph downed to 5.8 i'm hoping my plants start to look better in the next few days they kinda got a lime green look to them right now :badday:

B

Bigtimer7

lookin very str8 man...

I cant wait to see these blow up! Keep up the good work and ill be lurkin!

S

statictattoo

thanks bigtimer7, I'm looking forword to it too... Kinda been a dream for years to grow my own.. Hopefully my girls over come whatever is effecting them... 2 out of the 8 were drooping, I think they were not getting enough water so I reburied them a lil deeper... Roots had grown queit a bit over night... I think things are going to be ok.. We'll see over the next few days

S

statictattoo

Start of Week 2 of Veg ( Day 29 from Seed )

Start of Week 2 of Veg ( Day 29 from Seed )

Well guys my girls had a stressful week.

Transplanted them into the hydro table Monday.. i think i wasn't feeding them enough, cause they started showing mg and Calcum deficiencies.
I was using a 0-4-8 GH mix.. in tap i added 30mls of Cal-max after the def's started showing ( my shop did not carry cal-mag ) Then 2 days later (Yesterday) I mixed up a new batch with R/O water @ 0-8-16 GH and i added 12.5mls of floralishious... man that stuff stinks, I hope it makes my weed smell super good. Oh i have a 90L res, roughly 24 gallons... though it says 100 liters inside.. I filled it up with 6 - 15L jugs

Anyways they have been getting the new mix 4 times a day for the last day.. they are look much much much better.. One of them is twice the size of the others... and a few of them are always drooping.. i dunno whats up with that i re-buried them to same level as the others..

Heres some pics of the current set up

Day 29 From Seed

S

statictattoo

Day 32 from seed

Day 32 from seed

Well guys, my girls are looking so damn good i figured a mid week update was in order..

I made some big decisons today, I was going to buy a clone box from my clones and mothers.. I have now decided to get a Homebox XXL... its only a few hundred more then the clone box.. I just need to grab another light and another 3 x 3 tray and another pump and Instead of 15 oz every 2 months i can get 15oz a month... put a shelf in my homebox L and use it for my mothers and clones.. I'll be laughing...

On a sad note.. I had planned on going to Amsterdam for the cup this year.. would have been my first year going... the only problem is I have a very minor thing on my record from when i JUST turned 18... I called the pardon thing today... 18-24 months it takes.. and they want a $117 bucks a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a joke that is!!!! Anyways Im still gonna get my passport and see what happens... anyone know what amsterdams policy is?
Like I can get into mexico no passport or anything
but I can't get into the states.. with or without a passport (3% of the worlds pop. and 25% of the worlds prison pop. LOL ) for a something stupid..

Anyways now that ive vented a lil,, I took some pics of my girls.. they are looking very good today.. smell really good too :)

The Two runts are starting to perk up

One of them has totally stretched out.. maybe a sativa pheno?? :joint:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
hey man looking freaking good! was the cal-mag suppliement that got the green back or was it indeed the ph? maybe both even... looks good!
if u want the run to perk up put it in the middle under the light...
she'll gain amazing girth in just a few days!

were you going to clone?
what nutes do you have for flower?
how far is the light? watts?
glad u got the 6" fan hooked up i see a tad of heat-stress. it should go away or atleast stop progressing.

your cat looks alot like mine but fluffy.

S

statictattoo

DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY

No idea man, Honestly I think I wasn't feeding them enough.. I bought a new probe.. my old one wasn't that off... i watched the ph for a few days... they started looking worse.. so i dumped the whole rez and mixed up a new batch with RO water and 0-8-16 GH with some floralishious plus.. with in days they were looking hundred times better..

For blooming nutes.... I was planning on going with the same 0-8-16 GH floralishious plus and i was going to add in some powered Kool-Bloom..

My light is a 400W MH/HPS
its a lil over 12 iches from the biggest one, if you can see i got a string with a screw on the end to measure the distance

and yah Im going to clone, I wanna do s.o.g with 36 plants... now that i have decided that i am going to upgrade my operation.. i guess i'll be running 72 Clones :)

At the moment Im going to grow these 8 ladies out, before i throw them into flower im going to take cuttings, then once they bud out.. have a smoke off and decided which One or two are going to be mothers.. :joint:

hehe yah your cat looks pretty close, I got another one, a short hair thats more black then white.. the white fluffy one is a shedding machine... Im afraid I'm gonna have cat hair growing in with my buds :puppydoge
I brush the bastard twice a day.. but hes my snuggly kitty so i guess I'll cut him some slack :joint:

Last edited: