What's new

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

oldmaninbc

Could you describe for me how you save your bacon grease? is it short term or longer term? I ask cause it's not some thing I'm familiar with doing.
I like to bake the bacon(thick cut), lay it out on lined cookie sheets, bake at 400F maybe 20-30 min, take the bacon out and pat dry. I take a strainer and a reasonably air tight container, pour the grease through the strainer into the container, put it into the fridge, it will keep for many weeks maybe a few months. I don't use it often but it is nice to have. My grandparents who raised me kept bacon grease so it just comes natural to
me.

laszlokovacs

Beautiful May day today. So many blooms everywhere. Could not be more excited to play in my garden. Putting 6 autos in 3 or 5 gal pots tomorrow but im not holding my breath. So far things are much drier than last year fingers crossed for a good season.

Fruit trees are blooming asparagus bed is just about to get jumping, got a lot of work to do now and I like it. Dinner w some asparagus and sirlon w garlic leaf garnish for flava.
IMG_8208.JPG

I thought the asparagus was tasty but I'm biased. One of the neighbors horses ran away from home and was enjoying my pasture but turned up his nose at the spergs. Jurys still out apparently

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful May day today. So many blooms everywhere. Could not be more excited to play in my garden. Putting 6 autos in 3 or 5 gal pots tomorrow but im not holding my breath. So far things are much drier than last year fingers crossed for a good season.

Fruit trees are blooming asparagus bed is just about to get jumping, got a lot of work to do now and I like it. Dinner w some asparagus and sirlon w garlic leaf garnish for flava.
View attachment 18997109
I thought the asparagus was tasty but I'm biased. One of the neighbors horses ran away from home and was enjoying my pasture but turned up his nose at the spergs. Jurys still out apparently

View attachment 18997121
Damn, that looks good right now…