What's new

SSSTN + Australian Outback growlog

alvin88

Idk if it was the transplant or bumping the temps up (probably both) but they look much happier now.

Side note: it's gonna stay crowded in there. All 5 of the O. Haze seeds I popped are females..doh! What are the chances. I wanted some pollen too.

Maria Sanchez

Idk if it was the transplant or bumping the temps up (probably both) but they look much happier now.

Side note: it's gonna stay crowded in there. All 5 of the O. Haze seeds I popped are females..doh! What are the chances. I wanted some pollen too.
3.125% I think!
You hit the jackpot!
Though it's sometimes nice to have a boy (or two).

alvin88

Weekly update. 26 days of 11/13. I'm learning a lot this run. I've never flowered seeds so young before so I was surprised to learn they don't kick off into flower as quickly as a clone or sexually mature seed. I think my experiment in stretch reduction was mostly success. They definitely had a growth spurt once I transplanted them, especially the Australian Outbacks! Maybe I could've restricted them another week or so but I think they are healthier without it.

They are going to have to go a week alone for Christmas. I'll double water them and dial the temps down a bit, but I really hope they are almost done stretching!!!

Australian Outbacks finally caught up in height to the others
20231218_011115.jpg

SSSTNs
20231218_011519.jpg

20231218_011900.jpg

2 of them have this really cool looking, super spikey petiole and pistil. Cant wait to see which way this pheno leans
20231218_011801.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Weekly update. 26 days of 11/13. I'm learning a lot this run. I've never flowered seeds so young before so I was surprised to learn they don't kick off into flower as quickly as a clone or sexually mature seed. I think my experiment in stretch reduction was mostly success. They definitely had a growth spurt once I transplanted them, especially the Australian Outbacks! Maybe I could've restricted them another week or so but I think they are healthier without it.

They are going to have to go a week alone for Christmas. I'll double water them and dial the temps down a bit, but I really hope they are almost done stretching!!!

Australian Outbacks finally caught up in height to the others
View attachment 18934493

SSSTNs
View attachment 18934494
View attachment 18934495

2 of them have this really cool looking, super spikey petiole and pistil. Cant wait to see which way this pheno leans
View attachment 18934496
Those look good friend. I love the way you topped them early to get short plants with a lot of tops.

Maria Sanchez

... but I really hope they are almost done stretching!!!

Plants looking great in there, my friend!

But, I really don't think they're done stretching.
My SSSTNs have gone a good 4 weeks since first pistils (not from flip -- I'm outdoors), and I think they still have a bit more stretch left in them yet.
When they pull a few 3 leaflet then a few more single leaflet leaves, you may be about done on the stretch.
Time-wise you're just a bit behind me, but your plants indoors are healthier and will be definitely bigger!

alvin88

Those look good friend. I love the way you topped them early to get short plants with a lot of tops.
Thanks, I think I'll be training my micro grow seed plants to 4 tops like this every time. The tight spacing is still quite manageable. 🤠
Plants looking great in there, my friend!

But, I really don't think they're done stretching.
My SSSTNs have gone a good 4 weeks since first pistils (not from flip -- I'm outdoors), and I think they still have a bit more stretch left in them yet.
When they pull a few 3 leaflet then a few more single leaflet leaves, you may be about done on the stretch.
Time-wise you're just a bit behind me, but your plants indoors are healthier and will be definitely bigger!
Thanks! Ill have to pop over and check yours out. I wouldn't be surprised if the stretch continues! I think I have enough height, it's just gonna get ugly in there without me around to bend and rearrange branches.

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Thanks! Ill have to pop over and check yours out. I wouldn't be surprised if the stretch continues! I think I have enough height, it's just gonna get ugly in there without me around to bend and rearrange branches.

Please pop over and visit!
Same cross we're growing, but totally different set up and environment.
Mine were root restricted at first, kind of by accident, as my coco coir seedling pots didn't let the roots through much at all, took them weeks to break through.
But now she's in a 20 L pot to herself and rocketing into the stretch.
I'm outside so no restraints for space, so I'm letting her grow into her own natural shape.
Very pretty!

Latest posts

Latest posts