What's new

Show us your extracts!

Mt Toaker

Amazing everyone! I love seeing all of the different colors and textures of the extracts. Keep up the great work everybody! I'm surprised there hasn't been any baby shit picks of bubble hash

Hash Hermit

Not the best pic, but here's some White Space Bomb bho.

IMG_0912_zps9fac41b5.jpg

Some Chocolate Chunk oil

ChocolateChunkSap2.jpg

Hash Hermit

The colour on that chocolate chunk bho is amazing! How much bho did it take to do that happy holidays? Looks good!

Thank you very much! I used about 3 grams.. Maybe a little more including the little chunk at the bottom lol..

Wish I still had some of that chocolate chunk left... Not my favorite flavor but still really nice. It was kind of like Bubba Kush except more of a sweet taste.

Mt Toaker

Here is my first run of BHO. . . I learned from some people in chat that I should do a vacuum purge so it doesn't sit as long on the heat.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

EzExtractions

This Outdoor Blue Cheese is putting up rock solid numbers, this is my 4th time running the bud and got back 19% for the 4th time. Really locking everything in with the cloud 9 extraction kit and some bomb outdoors.

3.5g No Stems > 0.65g of oil.

I let the plates sit out after all visible runny ISO was evaporated longer than i have been. So the oil was a little more flaky and hard than i am used to working with.

I whipped it for a little while, it was kind of tough though the oil didnt really wanna move around since it was so dry. But i ended up getting a really cool consistency, almost that of a tootsie roll or soft taffy, its very pliable but still looks kind of transparent. Check out the pics!

Before i whipped

In the process of whipping

End Product

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good lookin yall, im thinkin of doin a lil run of bho soon, will post pics....

Lebniis

You BHO people have any experience with oil sparkling when held to flame. I'm told it is from moisture. This is after 8+ hours of vacuum purging with 120+ F temps. Any idea how to prevent this in the future?

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You BHO people have any experience with oil sparkling when held to flame. I'm told it is from moisture. This is after 8+ hours of vacuum purging with 120+ F temps. Any idea how to prevent this in the future?

I have vac purged for around 20 hours at 120f and still had sparks in my oil when a flame is held to it. Also worth noting that it seemed no cleaner than when i tasted after an 8 hour vac purge, if anything it had tainted the flavour.
After further vac purging it eventually turned to wax and still has a spark when a flame is held and it turned to liquid...greywolf suggested this was moisture which would make sense because the extract taste amazing and have been vac purged way beyond any reasonable amount of time.
Another thing to note is that when i have dabbed badly purged oil it sparked the moment it touched the nail (no flame needed for the reaction), none of my properly vac purged oil does this.

Seems a lot of people come across this issue and a lot of the top people dont flame test for quality control.

Peace

montroller

I have vac purged for around 20 hours at 120f and still had sparks in my oil when a flame is held to it. Also worth noting that it seemed no cleaner than when i tasted after an 8 hour vac purge, if anything it had tainted the flavour.
After further vac purging it eventually turned to wax and still has a spark when a flame is held and it turned to liquid...greywolf suggested this was moisture which would make sense because the extract taste amazing and have been vac purged way beyond any reasonable amount of time.
Another thing to note is that when i have dabbed badly purged oil it sparked the moment it touched the nail (no flame needed for the reaction), none of my properly vac purged oil does this.

Seems a lot of people come across this issue and a lot of the top people dont flame test for quality control.

Peace

Yah I don't really consider a flame test accurate either and I feel that extended vac like 20 hours are degrading THC.

XEFluWY.jpg

This is the boiling point of THC under different levels of vacuum.

Saw that on another forum and realized that a lot of our pumps hit below 750 microns. If that chart is accurate it seems that most of us are boiling THC in the vac process.