What's new

Shiva Grows

goingrey

Put a tiny tea plant seedling in some succulent Seramis. On further investigation seems to have been a bad idea as it might too alkaline (it's close to neutral). Maybe I should have done the investigation beforehand. Oh well, let's see what happens.

t.jpg

Should separate the rest too once I figure out a good medium. Interesting that they plant so many in a small pot at the nursery. Well looks good and bushy quick I suppose.

Also want to try to plant one or two outside. Read that if blueberries do well tea plants should too. I have a couple blueberry plants, wouldn't say they're doing super well, but they have been alive for some years, so that's promising.

shiva82

Put a tiny tea plant seedling in some succulent Seramis. On further investigation seems to have been a bad idea as it might too alkaline (it's close to neutral). Maybe I should have done the investigation beforehand. Oh well, let's see what happens.

View attachment 19005115

Should separate the rest too once I figure out a good medium. Interesting that they plant so many in a small pot at the nursery. Well looks good and bushy quick I suppose.

Also want to try to plant one or two outside. Read that if blueberries do well tea plants should too. I have a couple blueberry plants, wouldn't say they're doing super well, but they have been alive for some years, so that's promising.
are they using vermiculite at the nursery?

shiva82

the best part about tyson furys' post fight speech was when he suddenly shouted " happy new year " . i found that funny for some reason.

the punches took their toll . punched him into a time warp

shiva82

View attachment 19005115

i did something similar with my passion flower clone . i thought it would do best in a nice rich manure based soil mix .... it stagnated and nearly died. i dug it up and moved it to a drainpipe full of light mix type soil , with stones perlite , low quality soil but high aeration , and the plant has come back to life nicely .

sometimes reading what the ideals are first to begin with saves it becoming an issue , but it is all learning and experience .

goingrey

i did something similar with my passion flower clone . i thought it would do best in a nice rich manure based soil mix .... it stagnated and nearly died. i dug it up and moved it to a drainpipe full of light mix type soil , with stones perlite , low quality soil but high aeration , and the plant has come back to life nicely .

sometimes reading what the ideals are first to begin with saves it becoming an issue , but it is all learning and experience .
I'll go buy some orchid Seramis tomorrow and replant in that.

I was under the impression that succulents like an acidic medium and that's why I used it (also because I already had it), and they do, but they have a wider range they are happy with, 5.5-7, and for some reason the succulent Seramis is on the upper end of that scale apparently.

goingrey

Or maybe just regular orchid mix, they seem to be some kind of similar composted pine bark mixes the plants are already in.