What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed's collected in Puerto Rico in late 2001 early 2002 from Torres de Sabana Housing Projects.

goingrey

I mean Phylos when taking about testing, although being 100% honest im a little skeptical and concerned about what they will do with all the genetics collected in the future. Im on the fence about paying up just to have this company take whatever is submitted and then they use it for their own ends.

Still thinking about it cause im really curious to see if what actually was being peddled commercially in the island in those times.
Phylos stopped taking in samples for testing in 2021 unfortunately. :(

Cool thread anyway!

J0sh1

Veteran
Puertorican plant's growing.

full

Midbio

The plants have an interesting look to them, I wonder what the source genetics are but it would be almost impossible to know for sure. Puerto Rico has forever been a transit point for ganja en rout to the mainland u.s and elsewhere. a lot of weed from the Lesser Antilles made its way through there and some from Colombia/Venezuela too

J0sh1

Veteran
The plants have an interesting look to them, I wonder what the source genetics are but it would be almost impossible to know for sure. Puerto Rico has forever been a transit point for ganja en rout to the mainland u.s and elsewhere. a lot of weed from the Lesser Antilles made its way through there and some from Colombia/Venezuela too
Agree! I wonder myself where the genetics originally come from as well. Im just happy the old seeds sprouted and are growing. I already germinated more seeds sourced from the same place and they are ready to go on pots. Ill post pictures and update when that get's completed.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Agree! I wonder myself where the genetics originally come from as well. Im just happy the old seeds sprouted and are growing. I already germinated more seeds sourced from the same place and they are ready to go on pots. Ill post pictures and update when that get's completed.

J0sh1

Veteran
full

Got 10 sprouted and ready to go. Im looking forward to see what's found, and conserving this line for the future. I don't think anyone has made an effort to preserve puertorican sourced seed's so im going to start a little project to save and find some nice plants sourced from the old outlaw days in the island.

full

Pretty cool that them old beans still hanging in there after all these years.

bajode5

J0sh1

Veteran
Ive always thought Crippy was just a spanglish word for "Creeping" feeling of the heavy indicas that started hitting the commercial market in the late 80's early 90's. I know for a fact in Puerto Rico at least around 1995 the word "Crippy" was out there, because around that time I can remember like it was yesterday my father had a sit down conversation with me telling me not to waste time risking myself with other kids scoring weed because he could get "Crippy" and I remember him asking me "If I knew what Crippy was" and at this time I already knew and all the kids my age who smoked at that time also knew of Crippy.