What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red_Greenery's Handyman's DIY Grow Tub

hello to all i have a few questions to ask if you dont mind.... I am mid way through building my stacked tubs i have 2 32g tubs all rigged i have a 24 by 13 inch hole at the joint and i have 1 200 cfl 1 125 cfl both 6400k and am going to get another 200 cfl 2700k before flowering. what i am wondering is if anyone has tried to do a vertical scrog in there tubs this is what i am going to go for i will have 2 200w one blue one red and switch them back n forth for equal growth. I plan on having them side by side with fan blowing up and out the exhaust. My screen will be 9 by 14 inches leaving the plants 2 inches away from lights on all sides and 2 inches space behind them on each short side do you think that this is to close to the bare bulbs? I have a desk fan blowing on them and will hook up my 4 inch fan as thats what i have right now im assuming this will be capable of moving the heat quite easily does this all sound doable i want to do it this way to hopefully increase my harvest vs flat grow am i up in the air on this or does it seam feasible???? any opinions appreciated thanks alot

smoke

hello to all i have a few questions to ask if you dont mind.... I am mid way through building my stacked tubs i have 2 32g tubs all rigged i have a 24 by 13 inch hole at the joint and i have 1 200 cfl 1 125 cfl both 6400k and am going to get another 200 cfl 2700k before flowering. what i am wondering is if anyone has tried to do a vertical scrog in there tubs this is what i am going to go for i will have 2 200w one blue one red and switch them back n forth for equal growth. I plan on having them side by side with fan blowing up and out the exhaust. My screen will be 9 by 14 inches leaving the plants 2 inches away from lights on all sides and 2 inches space behind them on each short side do you think that this is to close to the bare bulbs? I have a desk fan blowing on them and will hook up my 4 inch fan as thats what i have right now im assuming this will be capable of moving the heat quite easily does this all sound doable i want to do it this way to hopefully increase my harvest vs flat grow am i up in the air on this or does it seam feasible???? any opinions appreciated thanks alot

smoke:thank you:

blackosprey

Hey man, hope all is well.
I work in a red greenery style tub, and love what I can do with this thing. I think you may have a tough time doing a vertical setup in there, or at least I know I would have a tough time making that work. Also, these boxes are way more efficient with multiple, smaller bulbs vs. one or two large wattage bulbs. I started out with 1 250 w bulb, and eventually went to 8 35 w bulbs. I found I get much better light coverage and penetration overall and can make a much more even canopy.
I think your biggest issue going vertical will be accessing your plants. A vertical bulb will have to hang down below the "joint" made by the two boxes (center line of two boxes). You will have to have extra hands to remove the top box and place somewhere to not shatter your bulb, or if you open it like a hinge as I do, your screen setup will be compromised by the opening of the box. Just my 2 cents. If you can make this work, I would love to see the show.

Canna-Curious

Too late...

Too late...

Well it appears that this thread is inactive now. I've read through it completely and it is an incredible source of information for first time growers. Red, if your still lurking around, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to document the construction of your growbox and all the information related to your growing methods. I hope that wherever you are, you are well. Again, thank you sir!

Latest posts

Latest posts