What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

i bought a organic product based on copper, but i havent used it yet for spraying. :D i was kind of hoping the new de3sing and setup of the flowering room would take away the problem :D

well finally i think i will spray very soon :D i dont want to risk these first pm free plants i have had in a while :D

at the moment there is only one plant left with pm, and its a seeded powerplant. i would throw it out to bring down contamination levels, but im waiting for the seeds to get done asap :D

anyway in the end we are getting too used to do BHO with the nugs by now :D and i think it feel will feel weird to not to do bho after 3 months more or less of continuos bho smoking.

ah i should say we dont use bubble hash for the jelly. since the bho is pure thc almost, it can be mixed with a little bit of moroccan hash of lower quality. for example using 7 grams of cheap hash to mix with 12 grams of really nice bho, makes a jelly hash that is enough handleable, and the flavour of the bho is overwhelming.

ice hash is not productive enough in comparison with bho, when it comes to fully extract a material. atleast that is our experience. we can buy butane for wholesale prices and that greatlly reduces costs. in the end its almost cheaper than ice here! :D during summer we would need normally up to 40 kilo of ice chunks :D thats 2,5 euro for each 5 kilo :D and out of 500 grams of material about 20 g of nice hash is to expect, more or less. while making bho, for each 30g of material we use 2-3 cans of thane, and normally the yield is around 20% or more. so out of 500g of trim and small nugs we can get minimum 50g of bho in absolutelly worst case. normally the yield is higher. :D

so for the money and time spent on extractions, bho is the most work efficient :D

also should add almost any state of nugs, be it insect of slight fungal attacks like pm, the bho comes out perfect in flavour. so for nugs w mites, or etc its a great way of saving the resin out of the crop. while for example using this material for ice hash, will result in ice hash full of mould, insect pieces and eggs. the fact is the mould spores are smaller than resin glands, and also they stick to the resin, so using ice water extraction, it is virtualy impossible to clean the resin out of contaminants. sometimes it even will result in a concentration of contaminants.

i have seen electron microscope pics of resin glands with botritis mould gtrowing inside the resin, and also with spores stuck to the outside of resing glands. in that specific article they tried even a isomerizaion to try to clean the spores of the mould. needless to say it didnt work well. i think it was written by jonathan ott if im not entirelly off track. the end conclusion of the article is to use alcohol or bho extractions for infected materials for 100% free end product.

- just as a note i can add the way butane works in an extraction is, it breaks up the gland walls, and go inside, but beeing a very selective solvent, only the thc and terpenes etc etc is extracted. nothing more :D

and for all the sceptics - butane is the foodgrade solvent of choise for any culinary extractions. but allways remeber about safety first :D

we do like to dry sieve... but thats an other story :D

peace

Last edited:

eyyo

Hola boneC!

Good to hear that the inspection went well :D Never fun when you have to hide plants etc...

The BHO some pages back looks really good, I want to both eat it and smoke it. Haha

Is it 'impossible' to grow ganja with out mold/pm in spain?
Its so bad you have to do BHO of you buds, even i dont think you cry when smoking the oil :)

Well keep it green as always!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks Bonecarver, that is interesting info regarding the mold and bubble compared to oil. this makes sense to me, as i noticed with my last bubble run with pm infected trim, that there was specs of gray stuff in the bubble and even though i poured lots of water over it trying to rinse it clean in the bag, the gray stuff stuck and that's without an electron microscope. maybe i'll chuck the whole batch of bubble hash into some iso and make oil with it.

B

bonecarver_OG

eyyo - pm and mould has NEVER BEFORE been a problem in my garden. actually never ever had traces of neither before indoor. i have had botrytis in outdoor buds that got soaked by rain, but thats all different..

i think this year the rains we have had all over europe is the main reason a lot of growers in europe have troubles they never encountered before.

B

bonecarver_OG

gaius - iso sounds like a good idea to me :D

we have done several runs of ice hash with spidermite infested nugs and trim, and its not really nice at all. im sure you are going to like the results more of the oil.

it is also possible to extract the bubble hash with butane. just break it up into chunks, and put inside your extraction device :) the good thing is hash takes little space and not much butane is needed.

peace :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
maybe i chuck the bubble in a coffee grinder and then sprinkle it in a tube with some trim to fill the space and the powder sprinkled evenly through out the tube? i just wonder how much bubble will disappear, as the 73 and 90 is pretty pure already if not for the pm. lets say i add 5 g of bubble to 20 g of trim and budlets, how much oil should i get?

B

bonecarver_OG

the bubble should yield very well :D im sure most of the resin will come out in the bho.

the method you describe, i have used myself but with moroc hash. i had a blow out. meaning inside the tubes the pressure got too high, and the screen and all material blew into the colleciton bowl. it was quite scary to be honest, since the bang is very audible, if the tube does get blocked.

for this reason i recomend to just cut the hash into as samm pieces as you can, but dont make it into a poweder. hash in a coffee grinder will turn into dust if the hash is frozen first.

i would just warm up the hash and cut it with a knife into little chunks, but the the rest, conserning the trim etc, is a good bet :D

---

today after i found a few more dead clones, i took out the rockwool plug and opened it to see what was happening inside. to my disgust i found a nasty little worm inside... so i grabbed a few of the other dead clones and checked them out also, and i found similar worms in others.

this year is getting quite funny, combining PM and clone eating worms.

i dont think the rockwool plugs were infected at the shop, rather there was some fly or similar bug that have put their little critters in the rockwool once i took it into the grow area.

means i gotto look for some product to use systematically to kill the worms in the soil. i will have to look into getting maybe bacteria thurgensis or similar.

meanwhile im trying to sort out a spot in the garden, to take out one plant in late flowering that is becomming too infected with PM to feel good about having her in the flowering room.

if i take her out i can put various clones into her spot, and get the next bunch to flower ASAP.

the 3 big ssh/lp's are starting to get fat calyx, and soon enough its getting close to harvest time :D i really hope they continue without PM.

im forced to get rid of all varieties sensitive to PM i think. its time for a cleansing again. it sucks a bit since some of these last cuts are very very nice, good yielding and good smoke. its a pity it seems some varieties are more sensitive than others to humid conditions it seems.

im trying to get time to take and spray all plants with the organic product, but its a hustle since i need to take the plants out of their spaces, to be able to spray them as well as possible.. this means i have to be watching my pets so they dont eat leafs etc, and if possible i prefeer to have them far away, even if the product is organic. one doesnt know too well how these products affect the little furry ones. :D i dont want mutant cats

peae all

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes i always lock my cats out when i'm spraying anything, my cats love the fan leaves too, i have let them chomp on the males before i killed them off, and once in a while i'll give them a fan leaf each to munch on.

wow i don't want a blowout, but if the hash isn't powder how will the butane dissolve it all? i'm thinking i might do it with the second run first and see what kind of loss in bubble i get.

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe CATS are awesome little creatures :D we got all in all 5! :D

yeah i see your point with the butane, i have had same thoughts before :D

my conclusion is that since butane is a gas in liqiud shape, and since there is obviously an pressure increase in the tube while extractins, i would say the pressure and the gas makes sure it gets all over if you see my point.

anyway i still would say it is a good idea to do a 2nd run after repacking the material. in 2 runs im sure around 95% of all resin is extracted. the remaining % is not much to care about since it is mostly plant waxes and other bi-products of cannabis that is NOT soluble in butane.

anyway :D thats my 2 cents after many extractions :D

im sure you will get a EXTREMELLY nice BHO using trim and ice-hash :D i suspect it should turn out to glas-like consistency, regarding the fact the hash is mostly mature resin glands.

anyway im sure your in for a funny experiment :D

peace mate!

B

bonecarver_OG

i have been down watering in the grow :D and i think it seems definetly like the SSH/ptk's are getting going very well. :D

also the revegged jaggen x ssh/ptk/ptk if starting flowering. its got a later start like the jaggen, but once it gets going its remarkably fast to produce calyx. leaf production stops in mid flowering, so the tips of all branches are nicelly white and fluffy. one of the better crosses i have grown out of ours. she rips!

also the revegged ssh/ptk x ssh/lp its starting to flower. same goes with the beeniemans (i finally relaize i didnt clone it at all... well i do got a few more beans of the original, and i got lots of beans of crosses made with the best fems and males of the beeniemans choise.
blockberry x beeniemans choise
ssh/ptk x beeniemans choise

also i got a bunch of F2's i made too - so the game is on :D

ou of the crosses from last years spring, the sweet and sour diesel x ssh/ptk/ptk is the only one i havent grown out yet. vend grew out a few and i tried a nug :D and its definetly worth to look into more. resinous and strong aromas :D

left to plant from past autumns crosses is the following;

autumn 2009

ssh/LP x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP (*)
ssh/ptk x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP (COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
JAGGEN/SSH/PTK/PTK x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
sativa-monster/ptk x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
ssh/ptk x beeniemans choice COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]

blockberry x beeniemans choice COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
beenies f2 COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
AH/SSH/PTK/PTK x SSH/PTK/SSH/LP COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]

SSD x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP
BB x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP
jaggen x ptk COLOR="Lime"](*)[/COLOR]
ssh/ptk x ssh/lp f2

and ssh/ptk/ptk for looking for males to use for knocking up the JAGGEN for a JAGGEN/SSH/PTK/PTK remake

the ones marked with a (*) is the ones im the most keen on planting as soon as possible, mostly because of personal preference, since i strongly believe in the hybrids in effect and yield :D

the list is uncomplete since i dont know exactly what all crosses vend made at his place :D wich i think in the end was quite a few also :D

since a whole lot of clones have died i thought i rather plant a bunch of seeds for now. i will have to do clones soon anyway, but since im itching to check out these crosses, i just gotto get going with it.

also i got the JAGGEN MOM ready for a mayor polination session if i find interesting males :D specially im looking for ssh/ptk/ptk males since they gave good results last time, but im also prepared to test some other males for example of maybe JAGGEN/SSH/PTK/PTK x SSH/PTKxSSH/LP or ssh/ptk x beeniemans.

lets see what all i do.

peace all

mojo420

Good to see you still kickin it, bonecarver!! It's mojo - just drop the 420 as I had to tag that on to the end of my name cause the site said mojo was taken - I just rejoined a few days ago and see gaius is back too, lolol.... brother gaius, you think you could get me my old name back??? Either way, good to see both of you...

mojo

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe welcome back mojo my friend, some one snatched your handle up i guess. or maybe the vb code considers it used because it was yours before. anyway we know it's you and that's what matters eh?

mojo420

Thanks gaius - good to be back... be nice when I get enough posts to pm cause I got shit to say, lmfao... I'm only using 2 3X6 trays for my grows and am routinely getting 1.5lb per tray with strains that are new to me, usin 2 600w hps over each tray in silverstar reflectors - I'm still popping beans right and left and doin clone grows when I find a strain worth savin a mom of... right now I've got both trays filled with 8 - 5.5' tall plants in one and 8 bushy kushes in the other... trees are kinda the way I like to grow - seems to work best for me yield wise using only 18 sq.ft. - goin UP is free and bigger trays aren't, lolol.... :D The tray of kushes is a cross illwill did - bubba X pot of gold - he called it bubba gold and I ran the mom and 7 cuts off her - the mom was vegged for a couple of months and she's gonna push a pound in yield all by herself... just wish the smoke was a touch stronger, but I'll grow out a daddy soon enough and try to breed some potency into the strain... later mate, lmfao.... still doesn't roll off the tongue like it does when you guys say it, lololol.....

B

bonecarver_OG

:D

we are having rains again, and the humidity has gone up again. the dehumifiers are spitting out 10 liters a day.

at the moment it doesnt look like there is too much PM around, but i still havent gotten time to spray the funghicide. so i really need to get a few hours free for doing that.. lets see tomorow...

besides that :D all good.

the melons and cherry tomatoes i planted in recycled coco are growing fast :D im still looking for buying a few more tomato plants, but of some more fast growing variety. also im looking into planting Corn and sunflowers... all in recycled coco and watered with run off nutes. :D

peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

all good here :D

a bit buzy trying to get nugs instead of PM :D im getting seriously tired of two things :D hehe jelly hash and high humidity :D hehe lol

well i can handle jelly hash :D but i cant rest untill i see the PM thing all gone :D

besides that :D lots of plans here. stick around and you all will see :D our breeding project is starting to get more than interesting. :D hehe

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

we have been making jelly once or twice a week for the past 2-3 months. some oif the sessions i did take pics, but quickly it gets too everyday to feel like pic value.

ill take time some day to post some more pics :D hehe im a lazy mofo and so little time and so much things to do. :D

i been now untill 1 in the night cutting and trimming off branches and shoots in the veg area to prepare the biggest plants there for flowering and cloning. no point to keep vegetative matter in lower parts of plants since its of less vigour anyway. also this cuts down humidity a lot.

all in all i filled a 50 liter bag with banches and shoots, so the plants will concentrate their energy on a much smaller and concentrated :D space from now on.

pistol whippìng in all its glory :D

i expect to be able to put new plants into the flowering area in a few weeks, so i also took the time to transplant all i could to 12 liter pots. this means the first to go i will flower in the 12 liter pot it self, but the ones that will veg for more than 3-4 weeks more will go into 20-25 liter pots before flowering... they are all big, but watering every day or more should sort it out...

peace all :D

eyyo

Yo boneC!

Hope one day i can say also im tired of jelly hasch haha...How long time since you smoked regular weed? :D
And what strains you have growing now?

Have it nice!

ps how much are the electricity in spain?

B

bonecarver_OG

well more or less 2 months or so since i harvested more than a few pm free nugs. i mean also the plants that been worst affectede normally had one tip or two without PM in it so its been a few nugs here and there..

but i smoke a lot all day, and etc etc :D

at the moment flowering;

SSH/PTK (cloneman)
beeniemans (jamaican elite highgrade)
ssh/ptk x ssh/lp
jaggen (german jackflash elite) x ssh/ptk/ptk
amnesia haze / ssh/ptk/ptk
chronic (german cut also)

in veg its;

ssh/ptk
ssh/ptk x ssh/lp
jaggen x ssh/ptk/ptk
chronic
OGrascals bubblegum
Powerplant (german elite cut also)

i think thats about it at the moment..

should also add i today picked out the seeds of the Power Plant x SSH/LP i made a while back. it turned out a lot more beans than i would have dared to hope for.... more work to go thru...

peace