What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great flowerpower! Get them out early! Yeah plenty of time to get things going still. Work on the root system though, have to have strong plants by the time the storms roll around. I remember we had some losses last year when you got strong storms. Make sure they have good source of calcium.

Happy growing! Temps will be 88 F today and tomorrow with sunny conditions, glad I watered a day after transplant. Mid week storms and some more later in the week to keep them hydrated. Going to move this week. May get 2 sets of leaves. The volunteers I have aren't too far behind those! They were on the 5th set of leaves when I topped them last week! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah there are different variations but all have the same distinct flowery laundry detergent terpene. Either combined with pine or fruit. Planting more of the pine leaning ones with indica type leafy flower structure instead of the over-ripe fruit sativa leaning ones that have more loose structure with less leafy flowers.

After a couple seasons of selecting for more specifics on the female flowers, hopefully it will thin out of the crop and we'll have a nice IBL set up. Just a couple more traits to get dialed in and we're there at true breeding status. I saw online it said around F 20 the line has become an IBL and is true breeding.

Time to relax this weekend, hoping the storms get the water to the crop and I'm going to go boating with the family on Memorial Day. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smaller pots I see, I went with 7 gal fabric pots for outdoors as I thought it would insulate the roots better from the outdoor heat. Also thought coco would be better to keep pots cooler. Anyways it all came to a halt when the plants started to reveg. I'm not completely sold on this outdoor growing stuff.
Need to gradually adjust the light time to match the daylight hours. Go down an hour a week I think it is for several weeks until you get to the same hours of daylight/darkness as is outside. Depends on your area. Waht is your latitude? Could do a search for more specifics.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get things planted when you can everyone! May end up getting too wet for a couple weeks. :smoke:

Monthly climate forecast for June, released May 16, shows above average precipitiation in the eastern United States.

1716257137411.gif

3-4 Week climate forecast, released May 17, shows above average precipitation across the eastern US.

1716257281228.gif

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Few more views from this weekend. Looked great after watering with 50 gal. Watered about 40 gal then took a break and watered the rest later in the evening. Settled without puddles. Shaped the garden in to more of a mound with the rake so it drains better this year. Also cut 2 drainage ditches instead of 1 to allow the east end to drain. Had some root rot issues.

I was out at the garden earlier last week when it was raining pretty heavily and saw how the water puddles up there. Highly recommend checking out the garden during heavy rains to see how it drains. Its fun too.
:smoke:

The volunteers at node 5 overlooking the plot. Topped a week ago.
full

See the spacing with diagonal rows to camoflage better :smoke:
full

full

Buckeye tree providing cover. Similar palmate leaves. Match made in heaven, plus you get to pick up a buckeye and keep it in your pocket for good luck while you are at the garden for a visit. :smoke:

full

Coarse serrations on the leaf margin

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the move
full

East view before doing a little pruning to the mulberry on right to shorten it to 10-12 ft. I cut it all down to lower height to allow light in.

full

Precious seed. God provides everything we need by the power of His Spirit.

Home made seed makes it easier to grow this way since seed is larger with more stored energy. The plants take off really well. Seed is larger because there are fewer seeds per plant. The males are cut early in early August to allow only a few pistils to be pollinated, resulting in larger healthier seed. :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I walked into the garden to plant this weekend, there was a happy frog hopping down the trail in front of me. Had a frog friend digging in the garden last year during the drought in June. Frog is happy, I'm a happy frog too. Love the rain! We've had a lot this spring. Could end up getting pretty wet in June. Watch them grow, the plants love the rain as long as the rootzone is well drained. God is good! :smoke:

Old Piney

When I walked into the garden to plant this weekend, there was a happy frog hopping down the trail in front of me. Had a frog friend digging in the garden last year during the drought in June. Frog is happy, I'm a happy frog too. Love the rain! We've had a lot this spring. Could end up getting pretty wet in June. Watch them grow, the plants love the rain as long as the rootzone is well drained. God is good! :smoke:

mountainoutlaw

Getting prepped for out to pasture, doing some vegetables as well.
Outlaw shit.
IMG_20240523_155723718.jpg

Squash and peppers in harmony together.
IMG_20240523_155729024_HDR.jpg

Watermelon crates (sugar baby species) one vine go one way the other the other way, melons on crates is the plan.
IMG_20240523_155744775.jpg

Random planted silver corn, clay soil only amended with black cow and Jobes.
IMG_20240523_090402005_HDR.jpg

They all eat together....the two small ones will be promoted to rabbit patrol, the two big ones human patrol. All in due time.
IMG_20240520_095518870.jpg

"Organic" insect control, say goodbye leafhoppers.
IMG_20240523_154230034.jpg

After a long day of planting and farm steading, time for an exquisite smoke.

SECRET WILD AUTO SITE.
seedsman zkittles auto,
Happy frog, hummus, compost....very small holes..maybe .75 cu ft. Rubber mulch to retain moisture, amended with Jobes bloom 3-5-4 and coffee grounds, got a cloche on em for a week then small cages, this is rabbit country folks, and deer city.

Kinda a side show,
IMG_20240523_155457491.jpg

IMG_20240523_155418778.jpg

Plan to have main plot planted and rolling by next weekend,

Full steam ahead!

Last edited:

mountainoutlaw

Plot one
Banana jealousy...didn't make cut
Purple ghost candy...yes
Lemonchello sativa .yes
White widow...didn't make cut