What's new

Outdoor 2024 No $$ Grow

ScythianGold

I grow in a legal state. I don't believe in having to buy a bunch of crap to grow your herb. I make my own compost and worm castings. I plant in the ground, in matrix of, gasp, native soil and my yard waste compost. I don't spray anything. What I lose to animals/bugs is fine. I use sticks/bamboo for support (if anything). I collect rain water for my garden. I try to grow varieties that are bred for outdoor growing or crosses of them so I don't have to deal with mold/mildew. I make my own seeds and cultivars. I make hash, tincture, or butter from my crop. Prefer indicas but experiment with the full spectrum from pure indica to pure tropical sativa. I like to explore rare and hard to find genetics and old school stuff that has fallen out of popularity and is at risk of being lost.

DISCLOSURE: I did buy a few bags of ferts this year, didn't have the time/energy to spread enough compost on my beds. Other than that not a single thing will be purchased for this grow, excluding ~1/2 of the seeds. ~1/2 were produced by me.

8 Varieties on the menu this year:
Lilacghani by Seattle Chronic (Lavender x Affie Taffie)
Somaster by me (Lilacghani x Somango 47)
Zen Kush by me ((Himalayan Pulga Valley x Reclining Buddha) x Shiatsu Kush)
Super Sativa Skunk by me ((SSSC skunk x Balkh landrace afghani from khalifa genetics) x Coco Loco by Snow High)
Critical (Freebie)
Blue V2 (purple thai x afghani) by DJ Short
Thai Truffle by Seattle Chronic (the one x truffle x thai)
Philippine Kibungan by Khalifa Genetics

I will be crossing:
Super Sativa Skunk x Critical (my version of a revamped skunk basically an old school skunk/afghani crossed back to the Colombian/Acapulco crossed to a newer more commercial afghan skunk)

Blue V2 x Thai Truffle (my thai heavy cross that will finish in my climate(hopefully)) this will later be crossed with a rare pure thai.

Making seeds stock of:
Zen Kush
Somaster

I threw a pack of Somango in soil but none are sprouting.
Was going to cross Somango x Kibungan and call it Philippine Mangos.

The Lilacghani and Somaster will be a pain come October when it gets wet.
Usually I don't grow heavy indoor varieties like that outdoors but I'm taking a shot this year.

Everything else will be just the way I like it, easy. Set it and forget it grow type shit.

BTW I have cameras and motion lights all over my yard/property for any of you rippers sniffing around these boards. Not to mention the dogs/guns.

ScythianGold

Super Sativa Skunk (SSSC Skunk x Balkh) x Coco Loco (Colombian Punto Rojo x Acapulco Gold)
Think this one will get pretty big

Attachments

• 73f5e2b1-253e-4b75-bf6a-fab32464d94f.jpg
    73f5e2b1-253e-4b75-bf6a-fab32464d94f.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 11

ScythianGold

Critical
Yup some of these have bug damage.
They better toughen up. I'm not going to save them.
If they can't survive in my garden on their own, they won't.

Attachments

• 095ae5cc-43ed-458b-a033-85ec2684944d.jpg
    095ae5cc-43ed-458b-a033-85ec2684944d.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 17

ScythianGold

Biggest plant is this volunteer. Will probably be culled or given away.
I started a little late this year on purpose. Want smaller more manageable plants. Smaller for the Soma crossed as well as those will be heavy yielders and want to try to avoid mold/rot.

Attachments

• 2badd8eb-e73e-4f64-8da8-27a83fbe32ef.jpg
    2badd8eb-e73e-4f64-8da8-27a83fbe32ef.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

ScythianGold

Philippine Kigungan not in the ground yet.
Will just be using these as a sunshade like bamboo.
They will not likely finish in my climate.
May breed with it.

Attachments

• 5b5a6bcf-36c7-4a62-8236-9ff0ca575340.jpg
    5b5a6bcf-36c7-4a62-8236-9ff0ca575340.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11

ScythianGold

Wood chips were free from the line trimming trucks. Soil is my own compost mixed with perlite. I did buy a bag of perlite but did not buy any soil mix at least.

My favorite containers for starting seeds are strawberry containers. Already have holes in top/bottom and come with a built-in lid.

Pots were picked up on the curb or reused from other garden things.