What's new

Old School White Widow

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I have grown and toked the 'pure' Cohiba. It's thought by some, to be half of WW. That goes maybe 14 to 16 weeks, if i remember. The India part was supposed to be the 'more indica' part of the equation, right? Dunno if it would shorten the widow's flower time. The WW x NL5 that i had, most folks would take her far too early. Mine went 10 to 11 weeks.
Me too, harvested in 14 weeks but wasn't good to go, but I had to leave my place at that time and couldn't wait more. Maybe that's why its effect was so paranoid and I didn't like it very much at the time.
It was a clumsy plant, lanky, with small buds and much less attractive than those resinous, big-headed hybrids. And the smell was different too, kind of sour, hard to define... It was a bagseed and I thought it would be available whenever I wanted it, but no, it was replaced by a short-flowering hybrid. I remember going to buy it in a place called Morro do Samba, really dangerous place, and it came wrapped in newspaper, half of which was just seeds... if I had known that the cartel was going to do that, I would have kept those seeds. It was the third local sativa pheno I smoked. Would be gold today.

graser

Arjan and Shantiblabla are liars
...?
Which breeders do you think offer authentic seeds?
The probability of original genetics, even if only in homeopathic doses, seems to me to be greatest with Shantibaba.

I am a seed collector, have been smoking for more than fifty years and still remember the taste well, and I prefer to make up my own mind. But I am always open to suggestions.

I am currently preparing a comparison with the old Skunk#1 and have found five strains from different breeders with the same pedigree.

We will see and taste who comes closest to the original.

When I'm done with that, I'll do the same with NL, WW and Haze when I get old enough to grow them all in all.

Nannymouse

Me too, harvested in 14 weeks but wasn't good to go, but I had to leave my place at that time and couldn't wait more. Maybe that's why its effect was so paranoid and I didn't like it very much at the time.
It was a clumsy plant, lanky, with small buds and much less attractive than those resinous, big-headed hybrids. And the smell was different too, kind of sour, hard to define... It was a bagseed and I thought it would be available whenever I wanted it, but no, it was replaced by a short-flowering hybrid. I remember going to buy it in a place called Morro do Samba, really dangerous place, and it came wrapped in newspaper, half of which was just seeds... if I had known that the cartel was going to do that, I would have kept those seeds. It was the third local sativa pheno I smoked. Would be gold today.
I had to go back and correct my statement, i did get the cohiba seed, but couldn't do sativas, so a friend grew them. But i did get to toke them. Sadly, i think he may have crossed them, possibly with Ganesh, by Mandala seeds, which i think is mostly 'landrace' or 'heritage', also.

But, yes, the 'hybrid' grows just like you say, from my experience. Does produce more than it 'looks'. Scents vary, but i like it when growing. Cannot even recall what the aroma of the dried/cured was. It's been a while.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Why?

Im here in Brazil smoking my shit and you say that I can't state the differences between a local Sativa and an Afghani?

How many local Brazilian sativas have you been smoking in the last 20 years?

Your shit seems to be more Dutch than Brazilian isn't it ^^

Here's a good compatriot bro to help you to know what is pure sativa :

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Arjan and Shantiblabla are liars, that much has been established. Perhaps they used the old legend of Brazilian marijuana to enrich the bullshit they were telling.

I spent 15 years of my life working in the backstages as the Audio dude. I've always worked with people much older than me and I've heard hundreds of stories from musicians and technicians from the old days. From the arrival of Dizzy Gillespie's band in 1956 and the musicians looking for marijuana to smoke, to Brazilian jazz fusion musicians like Airto Moreira and Dom Um Romão playing with Miles Davis in Bitches Brew and Weather Report, to the exile of Brazilian musicians in Europe in the 1970s, Rita Lee, Placa Luminosa, Casa das Maquinas, the punks tour with Colera, Ação Direta and Ratos de Porão in the late 80's and 90's, there has always been an exchange of Brazilian marijuana, especially coming and going from Europe. Chico Buarque and Gilberto Gil, when they were in exile, would ask visitors to bring them a smoke from Bahia to remind them of their homeland. They lived in Italy, but who's to say that this marijuana didn't slip to Amsterdam in the 70s and 80s?

I'm not going to copy and paste lots of nonsense here from other forums to try to prove a point. But the amount of references that point to the exchange of Brazilian marijuana with foreigners via music is massive.

I could even talk about when they sent thousands of kilos of cocaine to the US when Madonna came here to do a concert and brought her own audio equipment that came back loaded with white powder from Bolivia. But that's not the point.

When I smoked that WW there was a sativa in it. Where that shit came from, I don't know. But it wasn't Afghani, that much was clear, because at the same time I also had Nirvana's Northern Lights and AK-48 and they all had a different buzz. NL may be it, WW dont.

From the Paulo pic, sorry to inform but Mazar is in Afghanistan, not in Bahia.

Volta pro mundo, camará.

Do you know french Guyanese Henri Salvador father of bossa nova, inspiration of Carlos Antonio Jobim ;)

About Paulo's pic it's my work and seeds,
Saúde

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm pretty sure there is some South American blood in the White Widow, I've grown some Great White Shark F2 outdoor and I had a plant with this specific sweet almost vanilla smell/taste in one of them, there was some skunk phenotype as well but it's normal for a White Widow x Skunk#1 hybrid. I have some pictures of the GWS with South American genes in her blood in my album, the big outdoor plant it's her.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
...?
Which breeders do you think offer authentic seeds?
The probability of original genetics, even if only in homeopathic doses, seems to me to be greatest with Shantibaba.

I am a seed collector, have been smoking for more than fifty years and still remember the taste well, and I prefer to make up my own mind. But I am always open to suggestions.

I am currently preparing a comparison with the old Skunk#1 and have found five strains from different breeders with the same pedigree.

We will see and taste who comes closest to the original.

When I'm done with that, I'll do the same with NL, WW and Haze when I get old enough to grow them all in all.
They're good breeders, I have GHS beans here. Having hard times trying to get some MN, but I'll try again in the future. Original, authentic seeds...hmm very hard to say. I have family in the areas where we had some landraces here, I'm in contact with them and they promise to get me some, but I'll believe just when I smoke that plants.

Have some Silver Hazes from GHS, would like to have some from MN too to do a fair side-by-side.

My main point is that they are not trustful people. I cant believe in what they say, but both offers good seeds.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club

Poor you. You talked a lot of shit and only offered an old internet link. It just shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. You come here talking about Brazilian sativas and show a photo of Mazar from Afghanistan.

:muahaha:

You need to learn some geography.

Não vou nem perder meu tempo te ensinando sobre Bossa Nova, porque você só fala merda.
Bossa Nova criada na Guiana Francesa?

:muahaha::muahaha::muahaha::muahaha:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club

Antes de jogar um merda como você no limbo do 'ignore', não é minha criação. É da RQS, provavelmente sem nada de sativa, mas preciso de plantas rápidas agora. No dia que você souber onde é as Alagoas e me mostrar uma foto sua lá, a gente volta a conversar.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Do you know french Guyanese Henri Salvador father of bossa nova, inspiration of Carlos Antonio Jobim ;)

About Paulo's pic it's my work and seeds,
Saúde
Do yourself a favor: STOP STEALING PHOTOS FROM THE INTERNET AND POSTING THEM ON YOUR ALBUM AS YOUR OWN.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Just for information, there are at least a dozen Brazilian seedbanks offering local sativas. None of them offer landraces, only hybrids from who knows where come from.

These Brazilian farmers from the Northeast don't speak English, don't have profiles on gringo forums and aren't interested in exchanging anything with growers from northern countries. If you want something from here, with a lot of luck you can buy it here.

These forum lions who steal photos on the internet are a joke. Keep believing the clever kids on the internet. We laugh our asses off here.

I'm not a breeder but the closest I could get to a WW now is a White Rhino x Blue widow

The original WW used in the Blue Widow cross came from Sensi or Mr.Nice. The man that gave me WW, Blueberry and MrNice cuttings said his seeds came from Sensi. Year was like 2004 or 05. I'm guessing that this was from the original parent stock?

Also he had the strain "Mr. Nice" g13xhash plant I was a youngster then and didn't think to ask more questions. But had Sensi and MrNice seedbank split by then?

graser

My main point is that they are not trustful people. I cant believe in what they say, but both offers good seeds.
As I do not know Shantibaba personally, I will not comment on this.

What I can say is that he sells seeds on his auction site for a fair price, €1-€3 per seed.
I bought the packet of SSH for €55. Nevilles Skunk €17, Critical Mass €17 and many more.

The packs contain more than 15 seeds, they have always been delivered on time, so I believe he is an honest businessman.
I don't know if they still contain original Neville genetics, but I hope so.

goingrey

Also he had the strain "Mr. Nice" g13xhash plant I was a youngster then and didn't think to ask more questions. But had Sensi and MrNice seedbank split by then?
There was no "split". Nevil sold his seed business "The Seedbank" to Sensi Seeds in 1991 and stayed on as an employee for some time. Then some years later he was an employee at Greenhouse Seeds along with another guy Shantibaba. Shantibaba left Greenhouse in 1998 to start Mr Nice Seeds. Sensi Seeds released the Mr Nice strain in 1999.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Poor you. You talked a lot of shit and only offered an old internet link.
29 days old link ^^ Indeed you seems to smoke the bad shit lol.

Like to reverse values of this world, take the time to learn who iam and maybe you will save your soul little man.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Do yourself a favor: STOP STEALING PHOTOS FROM THE INTERNET AND POSTING THEM ON YOUR ALBUM AS YOUR OWN.
Hopefuly everybody isn't liar and ignorant like you little man, stop taking others for what you are yourself lol.

(I can challenge you to find just one photo that I would have stolen, all come from myself or friends growing my seeds).

Last edited:

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Arjan claims to be the creator of WW. He owns the name. Why not believe him? The most important thing is under his belt.

Gypsy Nirvana sells 25 seeds for 25 bucks. And I agree it's a good thing, that's why I'll get some beans of both when the time arrives.

Believe in whatever you want.

There's a third version naming Ingmarr (believe it's the correct spelling) and the fourth claiming it's an "old recipe" from Amsterdam underground, the most credible one, that's why I was talking about the Brazilian musicians. All of them are liars because no one tells the truth, it's a logical statement, btw.

I'll leave a book recommendation with good stories about liars cited in this thread.
Heart of Dankness - Mark Haskell Smith
If you have information, it's a little harder to be fooled by a soft voice.

About Bossa Nova, the creator is João Gilberto, Jobim came after almost 10 years. The man, João, was a shy white person trying to play samba in the Beco das Garrafas, so he played it in a low volume, singing with his low voice, wasn't trying to create anything, this is his original style. Could point a couple of books for the ones interested in Brazilian music by the mouth a Brazilian musician and former music professional.