What's new

Official Seed Harvest, Storing, Curing, ect. Thread

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Germinating seeds really like reggae music while they are hatching and lately I have found soaking in Fiji water really works miracles for very healthy little happy sprouts, just make sure you add a few drops of fresh squeezed citrus juice to bring down PH slightly first. :)

:plant grow:

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Just so I'm clear about this, from pollination to chop/dry of plant = minimum 5 weeks? for high viability

nobull56

ICMag Donor
Just so I'm clear about this, from pollination to chop/dry of plant = minimum 5 weeks? for high viability

Stress the 'Minimum'. I like six to eaght weeks. If you make enough seeds, always test your grem rates. With the terminator genes sneeking into some lines, watch out for good looking seeds that will NOT germ/ or have verry low rates!

agricola

New to the forums thing. Did not realize that the terminators were being used in cannabis genetics. Thanks for that info. Is there another thread where this is discussed in depth?
Ok off target I know. As far seed storage for me. I wait for my seeds to dry in bud for a period. No real study of it just go by feel. Then they go off to paper bags and sit in a dark closet where the temp is stable for about a year. I do they same with seeds from my other VEGETABLES. If I do not use them after that, those that I really, really want to keep. I keep them in the paper bag then put that into a freezer bag and store them in the back of my freezer till needed. I do label them with a name and date but really do not keep track of what was a good germ rate or poor germ rate. Mostly because I guess I have never been really all that upset with my success. (Rambling now) so I will go.

johnnybsmokin

Interesting and informative

Interesting and informative

Just read through this for the first time and it has really sparked my inerest in "breeding", only problem is I have yet to come across a male plant. Iv'e never encoountered 1 in all the years of growing, having said that, when I do come across 1 I will be using the info hear to promote my sucess.
Props to all that have contributed and I will be keeping an eye on future post's.
:gday: Johhny

agricola

No males? Well since you havent been breeding then you be very lucky man. When you grow outdoors it's great fun to find that a male some person growing the hill over left in his patch to seed up your plants. I checked out your micro grow looks cool. I am lucky to have the space and solitude to be more open, but I think that might be a neat little project to do myself.

M

michael68

Chapter 16 in Jorge Cervantes Grow Bible is pretty damn good on explaining basic breeding/genetics, pollination methods/collection, etc. If any of you have the e-book/book.

maxibiogreen

Veteran

Hi everyone,

I will soon pollinate my flowers and the ladies do not have many pistils on them at the moment.

I m wondering if it ll be one seed per pistil pollinated? I believe it ll be like this but id like to be certain about that.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Pistils come in pairs.

Two for each ovule.

I wouldn't worry about degree of pollination...

I've pollinated with barely any pistils peeking and still got buds full of seeds.

T

Tr33

@nobull
Terminator genes in cannabis = BS
this is complete and utter crap
They do not exist in cannabis
as stated before where's your proof.

This is how wives tales, aka Urban Legends get startd

don't pass mis information, lies, and untruths to the masses.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
I like you both Tr33 and nobull, and thus far this thread has stayed on topic and informed many. I'd prefer to keep things that way, so without choosing sides this is the info I could find on the supposed 'Terminator' genes.

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/3-daily-news/5373-gmo-terminator-cannabis.html

And I think this may be some of the true origins of the terminator truth/myth. Take everything you read with a gland of thc, even on here. Peace and respect.

Monsanto's marijuana

The US-based Monsanto corporation became infamous last year when the public discovered that the huge pharmaceutical company was responsible for producing Agent Orange during the Vietnam war, for producing and selling Roundup to be sprayed on South American villages, for experimenting with dangerous genetically modified foods, and ? most recently ? for creating the dreaded "terminator" seed.

Terminator seeds are genetically engineered to produce a plant that will not produce viable seed, meaning that growers would be forced to go back to Monsanto each year to buy more seed stock to replant. Governments and public alike became wary of the concept when it was discovered that the terminator seed could possibly cross the species barrier, possibly spreading infertility among the plant kingdom like a disease.

Cannabis seeds from Monsanto are almost definitely genetically engineered. Genetically engineered plants can be patented, and it is in Monsanto's best interest to hold a patent on any seed they sell. Seed patents ensure that companies like Monsanto can continue to profit from seeds from year to year, as farmers are legally bound to buy patented seeds from the patent holder rather than simply store them from the last year's crop.

Unknown.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I just tried to germinate 9 of my catpissXog seeds and 7 of them are poking out tails.

Someone I thought said the seeds have to dry for months before they're ready, but these were hardly in an envelope for even one month from being on the plant.

Lucky me, I guess.

I'll have to try the ogXog seeds next.

EDIT: 100% germination from catpissXog beans now I have to give some plants away

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I think a few weeks is all that is necessary to achieve a decent germ rate.

Someone in this thread planted straight out of the plant into the ground and got some better than average results.

Your mileage may vary.

Mine does :D

nobull56

ICMag Donor
tr33 I'm truly sorry that my one com set u off. This is the link you wanted http://community.kpfz.org/node/17 ...

Unknown thanks for keeping this on track & sorry for this last shot (it was in self defence)..
To all sorry for not posting/ visting very often. I've been a bit busy with some projects. Hope to have some 'Gobulan' for peps to try soon.
Peace and respect.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If you're going to use them for long term storage I would recommend bottling wax available at your local homebrew supply shop... or try online stores.